K-Drive Score Multiplier Bugged

DawnoftheWhiteFury

As of today's hotfixes, K-Drive score multipliers no longer increase during grinding. Aka, the "Grindy" trick is no longer registered as being performed at all. I think this is related to the attempted fix of getting grinding related scores while not grinding. Not only that but the multiplier often does not go past x3 anymore in general. Can we please get a fix for this ASAP? Without high multipliers, getting Vent Kid standing reliably is basically no longer possible without spending an absurd amount of time in dedicated grinding sessions.

While you are at it, please remove the cap on the K-Drive scores? The entire point of a score system from the fun aspect is to get it as high as possible. If it caps out at 3000, theres no point. Plus all it does is increase the grind unnecessarily when we already have a daily standing limit and we only get 1/4th of the score converted to standing for the Vent Kids. I don't even know how much Affinity is gained or how its even calculated.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

Replying here, since the other threads seem to be more about whining at DE than reporting potential bugs.

I noticed this too when I started playing today and after some quick testing it does indeed seem like you can no longer earn multiplier points from contiuous grinding or by transitioning from one grind into another. Even if you flip and spin between transitioning from one rail to another you won't actually get any multiplier points from the grinding itself. I tested this at The Pearl, the pipes behind the Fortuna exit and some random rails along the roads.

I did find a temporary solution to the Pearl standing farm "nerf" since Grind-Jump-Spin-Grind-repeat no longer works because the multiplier will stop increasing on the second spin. If you instead do it Grind-Jump-Flip-Spin-Grind-repeat you'll be able to max your vent kids standing pretty much as fast as before.

3 hours ago, Shankster9 said:

I did find a temporary solution to the Pearl standing farm "nerf" since Grind-Jump-Spin-Grind-repeat no longer works because the multiplier will stop increasing on the second spin. If you instead do it Grind-Jump-Flip-Spin-Grind-repeat you'll be able to max your vent kids standing pretty much as fast as before. 

Thank you, but unfortunately it is almost impossible to achieve with a controller.

2 hours ago, mvaldess said:

Thank you, but unfortunately it is almost impossible to achieve with a controller.

I use a normal Xbox One controller actually. The key thing to remember is that the length of your grind no longer matters that much, you just use it to charge a jump high enough to flip and spin into the next grind. Also, if you have the mods Air Time and/or Venerdo Hoverdrive it's pretty much as easy as before.

I'm also seeing that you're not getting multiplier from grinding, although as @Shankster9 has said, jump, spin, flip, grind does increase your multiplier. Although, this is my normal routine anyway, I have been noticing, even when doing that, the multiplier doesn't always increase.

Hopefully they'll update their script to when it knows the board is physically grinding on something it'll add the multiplier.

I can give you some clues .

1) you no more increase multiplier when you connect a grind

2) to increase multiplier (x2-x4-x6...) you need to do a different trick than the previous one. If you just spam the spin for example, you will get the "copykavat" mark and it will not increase your multiplier.

3) you can do the same trick if a different one is between them. So spin->flip->spin, but you must be carefull, because seems like a certain trick has a timer on it so be sure to complete all the tricks animations and don't make "halved or cutted movements"

4) When you complete a series and get awarded with standing there is a small window lap in which if you go from an higher surface to a lower one ( any height, even 1 cm) you get the "fail mark" with the cancelled number. Actually you still get the standings but try to avoid doing that just to be sure.

Hope it will help.

13 hours ago, Cloud said:

I can give you some clues .

1) you no more increase multiplier when you connect a grind

2) to increase multiplier (x2-x4-x6...) you need to do a different trick than the previous one. If you just spam the spin for example, you will get the "copykavat" mark and it will not increase your multiplier.

3) you can do the same trick if a different one is between them. So spin->flip->spin, but you must be carefull, because seems like a certain trick has a timer on it so be sure to complete all the tricks animations and don't make "halved or cutted movements"

4) When you complete a series and get awarded with standing there is a small window lap in which if you go from an higher surface to a lower one ( any height, even 1 cm) you get the "fail mark" with the cancelled number. Actually you still get the standings but try to avoid doing that just to be sure.

Hope it will help.

this would only work if there was a way to manual while riding to connect tricks... there isnt. there are 5 basic tricks. grind, spin, flip, nose grab, rotate. id like to see you rotate and try to land a grind with no manual to connect. rotating requires you to flip and spin the camera at the same time. the way they have the tricks and multiplier is fine imo. the problem is K-drives arent that integral or important but gaining the standing for the vent kids make you want to vomit.

when you reach max rank and are able to get kubrodon hunt gaining solaris standing becomes a breeze. no matter what rank you are with vent kids, standing gain is the same bs 25% of trick score which is absolute garbage.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

+1 for top post.

Before the patch I could grind, boost some jump and do spin tricks in the air then grind again and increase the combo-counter this way. Now there is no reason to do this for increasing points apart from visual arrousal :)

The last patch introduced a massive change to K-drive grinding. It would've been nice if this was explained in the patch notes.

K-Drive is such a nice addition, but at the same time can be improved so so much more. For a fun example maybe play Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 again :)

Some bugs I noticed (since release):
- FPS drops will end a combo sometimes.
- Jumping quickly after landing a succesful trick (score indicator+sound indicates final combo) will give a red "failed" indicator.
- Collision with enemies on rails seems inconsistent. While grinding they should fallover or even be killed sometimes.

An additional idea to make K-drives more fun: allow chaining rail to rail combos by having some kind of slide tricks on the ground. Currently certain railings on the map are too far apart of awkwardly placed. It would be cool to be able to combo from one side of the map to the other :)

On 2018-12-01 at 10:10 AM, Michili said:

I Feel like K-Drive standing is both not that important and hard to gain right now. Hopefully DE implements something for the bosses or its doomed for any other purpose then mastery anyways.

Not even that. Hover skateboards don't give mastery.

6 hours ago, Paegan said:

Built 1's do but bought 1's don't

funny thing about this is that i bought one so i could make it easier to rank up so i can build them. DE putting that 25% of total score needs to be removed or they need to remove the score cap.

Rep cap > Daily cap > Score cap > standing limit. that's just ridiculous.

While I wouldn't mind seeing the score cap removed simply for the satisfaction of building massive combos, I fail to see how maxing your vent kids standing in 10-15 minutes is "ridiculous" and "absolute garbage"... Seems to me there are way more difficult grinds in the game. For instance I've been doing 2-4 SO runs every other day since it's release and I've yet to get the Khora main BP. Speaking from a purely objective standpoint - running 8 zones(20 minutes) over and over involving an RNG droprate of 5.64% - that seems like a far worse grind compared to spending 10-15 minutes of my time at The Pearl for a guaranteed outcome. I'm genuinely curious to hear thoughts on this.

As far as boards not awarding mastery or not being nameable, there's no reason to think DE won't hotfix that. Same goes for the grind score multiplier.

There are many thing in the game that require a lot of time to farm on a daily basis. Unfortunately, our time to play is limited and DE is adding more content once in a while, I think is OK to have some things easy or fast to farm, not everything should requiere a lot of work or time. Otherwise we will end burned and playing other games.

5 hours ago, Shankster9 said:

While I wouldn't mind seeing the score cap removed simply for the satisfaction of building massive combos, I fail to see how maxing your vent kids standing in 10-15 minutes is "ridiculous" and "absolute garbage"... Seems to me there are way more difficult grinds in the game. For instance I've been doing 2-4 SO runs every other day since it's release and I've yet to get the Khora main BP. Speaking from a purely objective standpoint - running 8 zones(20 minutes) over and over involving an RNG droprate of 5.64% - that seems like a far worse grind compared to spending 10-15 minutes of my time at The Pearl for a guaranteed outcome. I'm genuinely curious to hear thoughts on this.

As far as boards not awarding mastery or not being nameable, there's no reason to think DE won't hotfix that. Same goes for the grind score multiplier.

saying there are more ridiculous grinds doesn't change the fact that an unimportant part of content has a score cap and standing limit based on that cap when there are already 2 caps in place to prevent maxing out their standing quickly. it was an unnecessary limit placed on vent kid standing.

that 10-15 mins can be better spent doing something that is important to progression in the game. i definitely find repeating the same trick routine boring just to hit the point cap just so i can get that measly 750 standing per trick combo.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

saying there are more ridiculous grinds doesn't change the fact that an unimportant part of content has a score cap and standing limit based on that cap when there are already 2 caps in place to prevent maxing out their standing quickly. it was an unnecessary limit placed on vent kid standing.

that 10-15 mins can be better spent doing something that is important to progression in the game. i definitely find repeating the same trick routine boring just to hit the point cap just so i can get that measly 750 standing per trick combo.

By calling it "an unimportant part of content" I take it you mean its lack of contribution to actual game progression, as it's largely cosmetic? If that's the case then I can agree that the score cap is unnecessary. Because personally I don't find K-Drive unimportant, but rather a refreshing piece of content.

However I must also bring up the fact that many players already grind cosmetic items by opening relics to sell prime parts in order to get armor sets or syandanas for instance. I realize it's not exactly the same thing, but there are enough similarities. Players could do the same thing to buy a K-Drive for platinum if they don't want to grind out the standing. Of course this way you won't get access to the mods unless you can buy those off of other players, but I don't know if that's possible.

What I'm trying to say is that to me, content is content and grinding is grinding, I don't see much difference. Having said that, I do still agree with you that the 25% standing limit out of 3000 or less trick score is indeed unnecessary.

Edited by Shankster9

10 minutes ago, Shankster9 said:

By calling it "an unimportant part of content" I take it you mean its lack of contribution to actual game progression, as it's largely cosmetic? If that's the case then I can agree that the score cap is unnecessary. Because personally I don't find K-Drive unimportant, but rather a refreshing piece of content.

However I must also bring up the fact that many players already grind cosmetic items by opening relics to sell prime parts in order to get armor sets or syandanas for instance. I realize it's not exactly the same thing, but there are enough similarities. Players could do the same thing to buy a K-Drive for platinum if they don't want to grind out the standing. Of course this way you won't get access to the mods unless you can buy those of other players, but I don't know if that's possible.

What I'm trying to say is that to me, content is content and grinding is grinding, I don't see much difference. Having said that, I do still agree with you that the 25% standing limit out of 3000 or less trick score is indeed unnecessary.

the difference between grinding k-drives as cosmetics and cosmetics through prime part trade in for ducats is that there is no limit to how many trade ins you can do, and there is no ducat cap and absolutely no limit on relics you can own.

Conservation is a very refreshing piece of content and even that increases how quickly you hit the daily cap for solaris. Kubrodon incarnadine perfect cap is worth 8k standing. im rank 4 with vent kids there is nothing that improves standing gain. only one mod to make sure you have an easier time of hitting the score cap. bounties have a clear increase standing progression in tiers.

we may disagree on importance but we agree it is unnecessary thats perfectly fine ^_^.

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the difference between grinding k-drives as cosmetics and cosmetics through prime part trade in for ducats is that there is no limit to how many trade ins you can do, and there is no ducat cap and absolutely no limit on relics you can own.

Conservation is a very refreshing piece of content and even that increases how quickly you hit the daily cap for solaris. Kubrodon incarnadine perfect cap is worth 8k standing. im rank 4 with vent kids there is nothing that improves standing gain. only one mod to make sure you have an easier time of hitting the score cap. bounties have a clear increase standing progression in tiers.

we may disagree on importance but we agree it is unnecessary thats perfectly fine ^_^.

Well hopefully DE will consider at least adjusting the score cap at some point. For now it's still early after initial release so I can understand if bug-squashing takes priority over what I would call quality of life K-Drive changes. We're likely going to get some more hotfixes this week though, so I guess we'll see what happens.

And yeah, capping daily standing by conserving Kubrodons is glorious. :d

Edited by Shankster9

22 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Sadly there is still nothing related to K-Drive fixes. I really hope they aren't waiting for the Part 2 update to fix these problems. Leaving K-Drives in this state for that long when they are such a big part of the Venus update would be a little crazy.

i got max rank yesterday. im not touching it any futher. the standing grind for it makes me want to peel my eye lids off slowly.

Yes the restriction on the scoring is silly.  Thankfully, I have just finished leveling and formaing the 4 Boards (3 build + 1 purchased) and it started real fun.. but by the time the second board needed to be leveled it was already a chore! .. The K Drive is a great item to this incredibly game, but placing silly restrictions on its Vent Kids scoring and affinity is just anti-gaming progression for no reason.  And on top of that the new stuff up with the multiplier and grind connections put in make it a terrible idea for such a great, and what should have been incredible fun vehicle.  Hell we should have had the racing, the tricks, the grinding all going full out and getting amazing scores and ranking up alot faster and it would have created a fun yet competitive side in our Tenno community.  Still its the best game around and I do thank DE for all their efforts.. 😉