Jump to content

Boosters should be consumable items


Daisaku
 Share

Recommended Posts

Specifically when they come from a daily tribute, but it would be nice QoL coming from the marketplace too. I'm sure they were put in the daily tribute to encourage you to play the game RIGHT NOW, which is smart from a game developer standpoint but isn't really working. Instead surprisingly often I log in at 10 pm and plan to play an hour or two of warframe before bed, DAILY TRIBUTE pops up with a 4 hour resource booster and then I just think "well... I guess I'm not playing tonight after all." I instantly close out the game and decide to wait until tomorrow, so I don't waste the 3 hours of my booster that I can't use due to needing to sleep.

A daily login should NEVER encourage me to LOG OFF. That's... really dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Daisaku said:

"well... I guess I'm not playing tonight after all."

In all honesty, this sounds more like you are looking for an excuse not to play. Rather than waste three hours, you waste four instead. Get more login days, the boosters scale - mine are 35 hours or so. I waste an average 33 hours of these. 

 

I do not disagree that login boosters could be a consumable. That does seem sensible. But then, it may not encourage you to buy boosters from DE - why would you when you can use your built up collection of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Daisaku said:

Specifically when they come from a daily tribute, but it would be nice QoL coming from the marketplace too. I'm sure they were put in the daily tribute to encourage you to play the game RIGHT NOW, which is smart from a game developer standpoint but isn't really working. Instead surprisingly often I log in at 10 pm and plan to play an hour or two of warframe before bed, DAILY TRIBUTE pops up with a 4 hour resource booster and then I just think "well... I guess I'm not playing tonight after all." I instantly close out the game and decide to wait until tomorrow, so I don't waste the 3 hours of my booster that I can't use due to needing to sleep. 

A daily login should NEVER encourage me to LOG OFF. That's... really dumb.

Logging off doesn't stop boosters from being used up.  The time is real time, not logged in time - a 4 hour booster, if you log off for 4 hours, gets all used up.

So it's not encouraging you to log off - that's pretty much the worst thing you can do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Daisaku said:

I'm sure they were put in the daily tribute to encourage you to play the game RIGHT NOW, which is smart from a game developer standpoint but isn't really working

That is the only reason there are boosters in the daily tribute. And it is working fine.

Make you feel the urge to play right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phatose said:

Logging off doesn't stop boosters from being used up.  The time is real time, not logged in time - a 4 hour booster, if you log off for 4 hours, gets all used up.

So it's not encouraging you to log off - that's pretty much the worst thing you can do.

Wow, that's even dumber than I thought it was.

 

This 'system' needs a redesign. Badly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ambaire said:

Wow, that's even dumber than I thought it was.

 

This 'system' needs a redesign. Badly.

I mean, not really? It's intended that you can't stock up on the daily boosters, and letting you stock up would probably go against it scaling the longer you log in. Maybe you could stock up on 1-5 hour boosters, maybe a bit more, but I don't see DE letting you stock up and collect weeks worth of 30+ hour boosters. They could cap how high they can scale, but that lowers their worth as a login reward, a reason why the made them scale in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MajesticPinecone said:

complaining about a system you don't even understand makes no sense.

congratulations you just wasted your booster since its active the second you receive it.

Its only active when you receive it if its the only option in the tribute. Clicking it is just a formality then, really its already been applied and is running. You can save it if its an option among others though, because how can it be ticking down if you haven't even chosen that you want it instead of 2x neurodes yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...