Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

Mining and fishing during a mission

UltimatElimin8or

Just now, RealHeftyTrout said:

It's an issue that everyone hates, the best thing you can do now is to report the player with evidence.

I can prove you wrong by saying just no.

Ā 

Ā 

Just now, UltimatElimin8or said:

Not sure if DE can do anything about it or not but im getting so peeeed off with all these bludgers mining and fishing when in a mission..They shouldntĀ  get the rewards when they have done nothingšŸ¤¬ all they need to do is kill a couple of enemies and it looks like they did something.

You are welcome to enjoy great resource gathering in this patch too,go fish with your fellow friend tenno and chill on this for some reason cold planet with frost prime.

Take screenshots that provide sufficient evidence of them committing said act and report it to DE with a sufficient description of what they were doing.

If you don't then expect it to continue happening. If you don't want to go through the effort of reporting them then why should DE put the effort in fixing it?

Ā 

Either way if you don't want this to happen currently then play solo or join up with friends or via recruiting to find people who won't do this.

If you're just going out in public - deal with it. You've made this choice, nobody forced you to do it.

If that happens with recruited groupsĀ you can try to report them, I doubt anything will be done about that, though, since people you're talking about aren't afk.

Ā 

Anyways, I really don't see any reason to do bounties with randoms to begin with. I get why you would want to do it with friends, but randoms are just aĀ liability imo.

4 minutes ago, Infirito said:

I doubt anything will be done about that, though, since people you're talking about aren't afk.ļ»æ

This is the big issue that people who tell you to "just report them" dont understand. Leeches do not break any important enough game rules that DE is going to take action against them, and you seeing an automated message about "were going to look into it and punish the account if thats true blabla" does not mean that DE support did or is going to take any action in that case.Ā 

Besided, have you ever contacted DE Support through Zendesk in any important matter? I have, and I also have heard a fair share of stories about their support needing weeks to months to do basic things like unlocking accounts, resolving game breaking bugs and other issues that you could call "important". I simply do not believe that a team of ~10 people total (that's what I've read, no proof but it would make sense) has enough time to answer "important" tickets AND something they see as less important like griefers. I mean, you take a risk every time you join a public group, and as long as DE does not give the playerbase tools to deal with that issue themselves (*cough* votekick *cough*) it wont be resolved.

Just now, LuLriel said:

Besided, have you ever contacted DE Support through Zendesk in any important matter?

I've returned to the game after a long break to find my account suspended, contacted DE support and it was unlocked in 2 days, seems fast enough to me. Dunno what Zendesk is, though.

As for breaking the rules in this case, I haven't actually seen any that say youĀ have toĀ do anything specific during a mission or a bounty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe they're breaking any rules to begin with. So as I see it, with things being how they are now, we really just need a black list for players like this, or make it so that ignore list doubles as the party block one.

Also, vote-kick can be abused easily and I'd rather not have it to be honest.

46 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Instead of trolling players or demanding DE make punitive mechanics,Ā why not make your own team to ensure everyone is participating the way you want?

Ā 

because it not always possible to play in a team. My clan are dont all play at the same time as me and even if you form a group in recruit chat it doesn gauruntee there wont be a mining or fishing troll in there

51 minutes ago, LuLriel said:

This is the big issue that people who tell you to "just report them" dont understand. Leeches do not break any important enough game rules that DE is going to take action against them, and you seeing an automated message about "were going to look into it and punish the account if thats true blabla" does not mean that DE support did or is going to take any action in that case.Ā 

Besided, have you ever contacted DE Support through Zendesk in any important matter? I have, and I also have heard a fair share of stories about their support needing weeks to months to do basic things like unlocking accounts, resolving game breaking bugs and other issues that you could call "important". I simply do not believe that a team of ~10 people total (that's what I've read, no proof but it would make sense) has enough time to answer "important" tickets AND something they see as less important like griefers. I mean, you take a risk every time you join a public group, and as long as DE does not give the playerbase tools to deal with that issue themselves (*cough* votekick *cough*) it wont be resolved.

Yes thats why im not reporting anyone.. Just venting in general discussion

Ā 

1 minute ago, UltimatElimin8or said:

best idea yet lol.. Like i said i dont want to be a dibber dobber. I guess i am having a whinge but hey its general discussion

Ā 

Been doing the loki thing ever since Plains came out coz of players and coz of the drone that needed to get switched to move it faster and it used to get stuck alot and when fortuna came out i knew what i had to do from day 1 LOL and i already reported people and thers only 2 things you can do troll the trollers with loki or be one of them and start doing the same andĀ  reporting people will do you NOTHING already tried it

15 minutes ago, UltimatElimin8or said:

because it not always possible to play in a team. My clan are dont all play at the same time as me and even if you form a group in recruit chat it doesn gauruntee there wont be a mining or fishing troll in there

Yoy are correct that there is no foolproof options but regarding your clans activity, I'd find a new one that better suits your needs over trolling other players, which gets you reported, or asking DE to fix an issue that already has a solution - make a team.Ā 

Just now, UltimatElimin8or said:

Ā it doesn gauruntee there wont be a mining or fishing troll in there

I mean maybe not guarantee but at that point itĀ is like lottery winning,in that caseĀ I would be hard pressed to not call it insignificant.
There is also no guarantee that UFO shall not hit you in next 2 seconds but do i see you building some anti-ufo shield around your home?
57bfb7ee48860.image.jpg
Ā 

Spoiler

Some issues simply are not big,frequent enough and there is still conversation to be had about:Is this even legitimate problem?
I mean do we stop all planes just to reduce your already very small chance to get hit?

At what point are we safe enough,there is always balance to be had.

I carry very often people that 1% kills and damage or less,even in arbitrations but it would be overall bad for game if we begun to mass report and ban those for some sort of personal discomfort.
They do not help much if at all either,it is different place but same thing.

One day I will meet you,snipe 1 ship with my god roll lanka riven and run here to complain about you doing what I do not like because you did no visible work.
Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I mean maybe not guarantee but at that point itĀ is like lottery winning,in that caseĀ I would be hard pressed to not call it insignificant.
There is also no guarantee that UFO shall not hit you in next 2 seconds but do i see you building some anti-ufo shield around your home?
57bfb7ee48860.image.jpg
Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Some issues simply are not big,frequent enough and there is still conversation to be had about:Is this even legitimate problem?
I mean do we stop all planes just to reduce your already very small chance to get hit?

At what point are we safe enough,there is always balance to be had.

I carry very often people that 1% kills and damage or less,even in arbitrations but it would be overall bad for game if we begun to mass report and ban those for some sort of personal discomfort.
They do not help much if at all either,it is different place but same thing.

One day I will meet you,snipe 1 ship with my god roll lanka riven and run here to complain about you doing what I do not like because you did no visible work.
Ā 

Ā 

of course i have a UFO shield around my homešŸ˜

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

make a team

Your tips are sound, but the reasoning isnt. The solution to an issue within a feature is not to simply ignore that feature. The feature here is to play with random people, and there are lots of different reasons as to why you would do that (more enemies = more loot, fast queues without waiting, and it's a multiplayer game after all etc.), and there are also lots of reasons why someone would not join a dedicated clan/group (social anxiety, not wanting to bind themselves to certain groups etc.).

I mean I totally get your point, and I would advise other people to do the same (or play solo), but it's not a real solution as by doing it that way you are forced to miss out on playing with PUGs.Ā I cant believe I said that.

8 minutes ago, LuLriel said:

Your tips are sound, but the reasoning isnt. The solution to an issue within a feature is not to simply ignore that feature. The feature here is to play with random people, and there are lots of different reasons as to why you would do that (more enemies = more loot, fast queues without waiting, and it's a multiplayer game after all etc.), and there are also lots of reasons why someone would not join a dedicated clan/group (social anxiety, not wanting to bind themselves to certain groups etc.).

I mean I totally get your point, and I would advise other people to do the same (or play solo), but it's not a real solution as by doing it that way you are forced to miss out on playing with PUGs.Ā I cant believe I said that.

So, you're saying you support trolling other players because they don't play the way you want?

Public is a mixed bag of players, you get what you get and do your best with it but at no point is anyone "in control" over what the primary objective is for the group while in an open world setting.Ā  There is a plethora of things to do and each person has their own agendas, be it mining, fishing, bounties, tracking, etc.Ā 

And yeah, even people who want to just do any of the above should be making groups and going at it instead of pushing their own goals on other people, but this topic is literally about total strangers not doing what the OP wants to do.Ā 

As to my reasoning, you can't really say it isn't sound when you haven't asked me what it is or to expand on what I've already posted in order for you to gain a better understanding.Ā  You just made an assumption and ran with it, and it was the wrong direction.Ā 

You touch on social anxiety.Ā  I know several players who deal with that and yes, it is a pain but, that's not really DE's concern and they shouldn't have to cater to it. It's not a a severe medical condition that the game triggers, DE has no control over when, where, why or how it strikes, so, why should they build a system that isn't going to be as effective as you hope, would probably create a far more toxic environment and give the real trolls yet another tool to use?

Edited by MagPrime

3 minutes ago, LuLriel said:

but it's not a real solution as by doing it that way you are forced to miss out on playing with PUGs.Ā 

that's like saying you're forced to miss out on the opportunity to clean a sewer with your bare hands. maybe you still get a kick out of seeing the highest levels of stupidity humanity can offer, but that high wore off for me long ago and I'm over it. the problem is that with randoms, there is no solution, because you can't dictate to them how they should play the game, you just have to roll the dice. so avoiding the dice roll entirely is a solution, just not one that you agree with.

Ā