Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is FOV in this game issue?

---Merchant---

I'm playing this game for long time and I do not mind bugs that much because they get fixed or are not there visible 100% of time.
But for me maximum FOV avaible in this game is simply too low.

x4ciVJi.jpg

I expect that fanboys will defend everything as perfect but even if you are fine with your warframe taking 1/3 of screen,It could be pretty hard for you to defend that you can not even see things like foundry items with any thicc frames.

"Do not use thicc frames and do not wear attachments" is as good argument as "do not play" when someone does have issues with bugs.
It is not fixing the actual problem,just avoiding it to some extend. But really,it is more general issue than just  one in some specific instance.

I think to ask for increase from 78 to 160 or more would be reasonable,or at least let us make our warframes smaller, because of k-drives(boost) we know very well that this is possible to do to some extend if you wanted. I'm not sure what camera issues would there be,but in my eyes  it is one of biggest qol and graphic improvements DE could make.

But what do you believe in? Is it non-issue?

Subscribe and leave comments bellow,I'll be sure to read them all that is good bye from your favorite brotuber 69xxx_FortniteIsbae_xxx69

I have a similar problem with Rhino+the armour set that came with Reverent, I used the shoulder parts on him because he looks like a Football player as Americans call them, but in missions I can barely see anything else, specially when trying to aim down sights. Maybe they could add a slider to the settings so we can adjust how close our frame is to the screen

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

Just now, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I have a similar problem with Rhino+the armour set that came with Reverent, I used the shoulder parts on him because he looks like a Football player as Americans call them, but in missions I can barely see anything else, specially when trying to aim down sights. Maybe they could add a slider to the settings so we can adjust how close our frame is to the screen

That is interesting,I really hoped someone from console would comment on this because I did not know how it is handled on them,but now i do.

while you can have preferences (and prefer more or less or whatever) - please note that the Field of View setting in Warframe is referencing Vertical Degrees, while you are thinking in Horizontal Degrees.
over the years it has been more common for games to express their Field of View settings in Horizontal Degrees, but thesedays there are some games that express in Vertical Degrees.
i wish games expressed their Field of View better, by denoting whether the value is Horizontal or Vertical, or just expressing both. such as "110°(H)" or "75°(V)".

the setting currently goes up to 110° for 16:9 Displays.

Spoiler

0LkLs6f.png

credit to this handy hosted mini project for helping with crunching the Formula that i've always liked:
http://themetalmuncher.github.io/fov-calc/

- - - - - 

additionally, i would have to suggest that Vertical or Horizontal, you do not actually want 160°, because as you increase Field of View, it naturally trends closer and closer to square, from the natural rectangular shape our Displays reside in.

Spoiler

BYGJUTG.png

which makes for extreme Field if Views skewing what you see into an extremely disproportionate version, distorting assets similar to like looking through multiple stacked but not aligned lenses.
if you've ever taken a square image and stretched it to fit your rectangular Display, you can get an idea of the sort of distortion we're talking about (though it's more extreme for 3D). it looks pretty bad.

what you're really asking for at the end of the day, is to change the Camera Distance from your Player Character. increasing that has cons of its own (compared to warping the entire frame and distorting everything, are quite minor - we're just talking having your Camera collide with the world a lot more often) but would still achieve the goal in a much, much less destructive way.

Edited by taiiat

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

while you can have preferences (and prefer more or less or whatever) - please note that the Field of View setting in Warframe is referencing Vertical Degrees, while you are thinking in Horizontal Degrees.
over the years it has been more common for games to express their Field of View settings in Horizontal Degrees, but thesedays there are some games that express in Vertical Degrees.
i wish games expressed their Field of View better, by denoting whether the value is Horizontal or Vertical, or just expressing both. such as "110°(H)" or "75°(V)".

the setting currently goes up to 110° for 16:9 Displays.

Hide contents

0LkLs6f.png

credit to this handy hosted mini project for helping with crunching the Formula that i've always liked:
http://themetalmuncher.github.io/fov-calc/

- - - - - 

additionally, i would have to suggest that Vertical or Horizontal, you do not actually want 160°, because as you increase Field of View, it naturally trends closer and closer to square, from the natural rectangular shape our Displays reside in.

Reveal hidden contents

BYGJUTG.png

which makes for extreme Field if Views skewing what you see into an extremely disproportionate version, distorting assets similar to like looking through multiple stacked but not aligned lenses.
if you've ever taken a square image and stretched it to fit your rectangular Display, you can get an idea of the sort of distortion we're talking about (though it's more extreme for 3D). it looks pretty bad.

what you're really asking for at the end of the day, is to change the Camera Distance from your Player Character. increasing that has cons of its own (compared to warping the entire frame and distorting everything, are quite minor - we're just talking having your Camera collide with the world a lot more often) but would still achieve the goal in a much, much less destructive way.

Yes I researched some of what you post here before posting myself  i legimately would welcome fov over 160% avaible for my curved wide screen monitor,it does actually look very immersive when done right. It is true that image is warped a little and distances are harder to tell exactly but it does take just short moment to get used to it.But thinking about it again,i use that in FPS games and this is not fps so yeah camera zoom it is.

I do not really care HOW they achieve this but just that they do,like i said they could at least let us turn off our character model/make it smaller but that would be problem for $cosmetics i guess. Games and movies should in my opinion look in theyr prime on wide-screen not like very downgraded version that we have now.

I would totally welcome option to simply zoom out camera,maybe with scroll wheel to avoid bugs in some places

Tl'dr you are right camera zoom out is I want the most,maybe along some character model changes
Would not get angry if we got FPS view instead :^)

Yep, as mentioned above, it's not FOV, but it's camera position problem.

However, I don't think that moving camera back will fix anything. Actually, to fix "shoulder on 1/2 of the screen" problem they need to move camera to the right, and maybe up or down a little.

It would be nice if DE had made camera position adjustable. For example, Elder Scrolls Online has camera position sliders in settings, in that game you're able to move camera to the left/right,  up/down, so instead of default camera position (which is similar to WF's) you can move camera to the "above head" position, or move it to the right further, so you'd bearly see your character's shoulder, also you can move it up or down if you wish.

But... It seems DE have to do a bit more to fix all these issues. They need to change camera position for "aiming down sights" mode, for "foundry" mode, for "I'm SpiderMan, I'm hanging on the wall" mode...

Just now, Ermiq said:

Yep, as mentioned above, it's not FOV, but it's camera position problem.

However, I don't think that moving camera back will fix anything. Actually, to fix "shoulder on 1/2 of the screen" problem they need to move camera to the right, and maybe up or down a little.

It would be nice if DE had made camera position adjustable. For example, Elder Scrolls Online has camera position sliders in settings, in that game you're able to move camera to the left/right,  up/down, so instead of default camera position (which is similar to WF's) you can move camera to the "above head" position, or move it to the right further, so you'd bearly see your character's shoulder, also you can move it up or down if you wish.

But... It seems DE have to do a bit more to fix all these issues. They need to change camera position for "aiming down sights" mode, for "foundry" mode, for "I'm SpiderMan, I'm hanging on the wall" mode...

Oh yes I totally forgot to mention those cases when you take 100% of the screen,thank you.