Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up

BigCountry2015

hey either get rid of the failed cooldown timer or get rid of the Timer in the missions for mastery rank up Just lame that rank 6 to 7 doesn't even say verbally its going to be a timed missions and wind up auto failing a lot so please fix that and get rid of cooldown timers on mastery rank up because its very lame and suckssss baddd yea just smfh and or add more time something because 3 days in a row it automaticly failed on me and couldn't figure out WTF until I asked someone and they said it had stupid low timer on it

Edited by BigCountry2015

I mean... you have the timer on your screen.
If you are unable to see that timer, then you really should fail the test, because clearly you haven't mastered the "skill of looking around".

Missing the timer the first time is understandable. Everything after that is just on you being bad. Does this sound harsh? Maybe. But then again, you don't sound that nice in your post either.

24 minutes ago, BigCountry2015 said:

hey either get rid of the failed cooldown timer or get rid of the Timer in the missions for mastery rank up Just lame that rank 6 to 7 doesn't even say verbally its going to be a timed missions and wind up auto failing a lot so please fix that and get rid of cooldown timers on mastery rank up because its very lame and suckssss baddd yea just smfh and or add more time something because 3 days in a row it automaticly failed on me and couldn't figure out WTF until I asked someone and they said it had stupid low timer on it

Go to a relay. go to simaris and practice the rank. and please chill since mastery ranks are stupidly easy.

sorry would rather pay platinum to bypass crap like that, Mastery Rank up quests suck, the failed 24 hour cool down timer SUCKs and its just a annoyance in reality there is no need for them to even bother you with a Mastery rank up quest when the overflow XP for mastery rank up could be done automatically therefore eliminating the need for mastery rank up quest to further annoy the players 

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

People say that Mastery doesn't show anything about skill.

And then someone like OP comes by. who is clearly not skilled enough, as he didn't master the test.
If you can't overcome a simple test, you will have a hard time later on in the game.

This

The entire point of the cooldown is to make you take the test seriously since you can't just brute force it. 

The entire point of the wiki having video tutorials and the relays having practice mode is to give you the tools to get good at the test before you take it for real. 

If you're having trouble with it, you should be asking us for advice, not demanding immediate changes to a system that's been in place for years and has had thousands of people progress through it. 

17 minutes ago, BigCountry2015 said:

Who doesn't want a Excalibur umbra in their inventory, ontop of that getting the umbra gets you additional XP for mastery rank up to get to the next rank and you get the weapon that comes with the umbra what else should I keep going

This has nothing to do with you being unable to get past the Mastery Test.

lol a mastery rank up system that has been in place for years?? well has it had any changes to the mastery rank up quests or system in those years it has been here ??? cause it looks crappy asf and it is annoying asf and every other game I played that had a mastery rank up system didn't require you to jump through hoops with crap like this, no one seriously needs a 24 hour cooldown timer for failed mastery rank up that's just uncalled for secondly its a waste of storage space for additional quests that aren't needed to actually play the game, this could be done automatically once the needed XP is earned to goto the next rank without wasting your time, and no one wants to take a game the EFFING seriously

Edited by BigCountry2015

I got Excalibur Umbra pretty easy(quickly too), I maxed him out and moved on. I also got Garuda in a week or less(pure grinding), but that is beside the point.

I am almost at Mastery Level 15, currently working on Zephyr Prime.

Also I think the way Mastery Ranking is, is just fine. Like others have said you can practice before you do the actual test. 

IMO the tests are pretty easy.

Edited by GrayFrequency
Spelling

I was the exact same way when I first started playing Warframe, I could not for the life of me complete certain Mastery Rank tests. But I gradually got the hang of it and passed them after practicing it over and over. If you’re stuck on any Mastery Rank test you can practice them as much as you like you go to Simaris in any relay. I guarantee you’ll pass them with ease if you practice the tests enough.

The reason as to why there’s a cool down timer is likely because DE paces it out for the player so that you don’t go through the entire game and all it has to offer in a matter of days, which is perfectly reasonable if you ask me.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

15 minutes ago, BigCountry2015 said:

lol a mastery rank up system that has been in place for years?? well has it had any changes to the mastery rank up quests or system in those years it has been here ??? cause it looks crappy asf and it is annoying asf and every other game I played that had a mastery rank up system didn't require you to jump through hoops with crap like this, no one seriously needs a 24 hour cooldown timer for failed mastery rank up that's just uncalled for secondly its a waste of storage space for additional quests that aren't needed to actually play the game, this could be done automatically once the needed XP is earned to goto the next rank without wasting your time, and no one wants to take a game the EFFING seriously

Let's just end this right here.
You don't provide any feedback. You are just crying like a child.

You say you played other games so far. You say those other games were easy.
Now you come across Warframe, which is a bit more difficult. And instead of getting better at the game, you are just ranting and shouting.
If you don't like Warframe, you can just quit the game.

But if you like Warframe, then calm down and stop ranting.
We provided help. You can practice the tests, you can get better. If you don't do that, you get punished. And the 24h cooldown is a great punishment, as we see with you. Because of these 24h you take the test serious.

So, do you want to go on about this subject?
Then please, as I said, without any ranting. Let's be civil about all of this.

The mastery Rank up system is old and outdated and looks like crap and the Mission timer bleeds in with the color of the background and easy to miss and there is no verbal or visual marker at the beginning of the quest to let you know this is a timed mission, and ontop of that im having to run around in the map to find the enemy to kill them instead of it running to me and that inturn cause the mission to fail because im having to hunt for that last enemy before the timer runs out

So maybe they should make some Effing changes to some of the quests and make it look like a real quest and not a simulation, even with practice it still sucks go ask these poor fellows that are MR 24 they even tell you it sucks, so im not sitting here trying to blow smoke up someones ass by telling you this sucks

4 minutes ago, BigCountry2015 said:

The mastery Rank up system is old and outdated and looks like crap and the Mission timer bleeds in with the color of the background and easy to miss and there is no verbal or visual marker at the beginning of the quest to let you know this is a timed mission, and ontop of that im having to run around in the map to find the enemy to kill them instead of it running to me and that inturn cause the mission to fail because im having to hunt for that last enemy before the timer runs out

And this, my friends, is called a bad player.
Oh no, he has to track down enemies. The enemies don't just come to him.

Man... and then these bosses in the game. They don't just die when I walk by. I have to shoot at them. What a bad game.
And Eidolons... I have to use my Operator. What a bad system.
Why do I even have to use weapons to kill stuff? Enemies should just die whenever I enter a room.

That's what you sound like, my friend...

4 minutes ago, BigCountry2015 said:

So maybe they should make some Effing changes to some of the quests and make it look like a real quest and not a simulation, even with practice it still sucks go ask these poor fellows that are MR 24 they even tell you it sucks, so im not sitting here trying to blow smoke up someones ass by telling you this sucks

I'm MR26, thanks for asking.
I love the test. You are wrong.

Edited by WhiteMarker

I disagree @BigCountry2015

I can easily see the timer, sometimes I don't even look at it, I just do the test.

Well the enemy is generally close by, so it isn't difficult to find and eliminate them.

I would think that 20+ MR Tests are more difficult simply because it is for that level of a player. 

I still think the tests are fine the way they are, and don't see a way they can be changed. 

Well That's your opinion and your entitled to it here is my opinion mastery rank up system is 6 years old and sucks major ass and needs major changes or just removal from the system or the option to bypass the quest by paying platinum should be added, none of the mastery rank up quests are needed to play this game and should not be required at all, again this could be done automatically without those mastery rank up quests, if they are going to keep the system make it look like a real fight not a simulation, and someone said thousands of customers completing this it should be millions, coming from someone who has been playing MMOs for 10 years and played many different games with systems like this, this particular system is ment to slow you down and hinder you from making platinum till you are rank 8 just cause of riven mods lol that's the only thing iv seen the system is doing hindering you from making additional platinum off of items you have already farmed, so in reality the Mastery rank up system is hindering DE from making more platinum because more people would be willing to spend cash to get more platinum to make purchases from more players who now have the ability to trade because they are not hindered or slowed down or stopped from trading by a mastery rank up system, that inturn will create more of a player base and retain more customers for longer periods of time for those players who want to just play the game and not be Tested at every corner, its a game not a SAT Exam, I honestly dgaf how you guys want to play, if you want to do mastery rank up quests fine but give people the option to either bypass with platinum or play the quest and risk 24 hour cds and waste of time of day its honestly simple as that

I have also played MMORPGs for 10+ years as well as many other games for most of my life, including a lot of them where you have to level up ( including multiple skills etc). 

It is also your opnion. It is supposed to be a simulation, since it is a test, and since you can find the practice test (which are also simulations).

It doesn't exactly slow you down, or hinder you. You just have to get through to the next level. You also don't have to do it if you don't want to. 

You aren't tested all the time, it is just something that comes up. 

If enough people want an option to surpass it, then I am fine with that. I think it should be increasing amounts of platinum as you go higher in Mastery. 

I will still do the tests, without wasting my precious platinum.

Now I am going to go play Warframe shortly. I hope it works out for you.

Edited by GrayFrequency
word and another one

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

People say that Mastery doesn't show anything about skill.

And then someone like OP comes by. who is clearly not skilled enough, as he didn't master the test.
If you can't overcome a simple test, you will have a hard time later on in the game.

this is a joke right? you know what i did for MR26 test? i used limbo ran around capping the moving points. the MR tests are mostly a joke.