The Ember "Re-work"

ManBearPig89

Could we un-nerf embers range? The low level farming wasn't fixed, all you did was kill a frame for 99% of content except for the low level farming. She was bad for high end content to begin with and now that you have nerfed her range we cant even use the CC augment. So now she is only used for running low level content. As far as a fix just return her range to the way it was or at least make the augment no longer lower her range. Lowering her range and increasing her damage is only making her better at running the content that you wanted her out of and stopping her from running anything else.

Edited by ManBearPig89

38 minutes ago, ManBearPig89 said:

Could we un-nerf embers range?

I'm guessing by your name that you're probably "Super cereal guys!" about this..

DE likely aren't going to revert current changes, personally I'd say she needs a full kit rework, based on reasons other than her history of facerolling low level maps.

I fully agree that they probably wont revert the range. They need to not nerf a frame because they are too good at low level content. isn't the point to get stronger so you can run higher level content. Why make a weak frame weaker to cater to the new players when they don't know how the game plays at "end game". I would love to see a full rework of ember to make her a viably frame for "end game" (if its real).

1 hour ago, ManBearPig89 said:

Lowering her range and increasing her damage is only making her better at running the content that you wanted her out of 

And yet after the change, it solved exactly the problem they were talking about. Ember used to be very good at turning low-level missions into running simulators, and because of that she was ubiquitous in them. After the change, she appears in those missions a whole lot less, at least in my experience.

1 hour ago, ManBearPig89 said:

and stopping her from running anything else.

Categorically untrue. If you know what you're doing she coasts through Sortie content just fine (with the exception of Elemental Resistance modified missions, since all her damage is elemental). She's not perfect, but she's still effective. I think a lot of players are getting hung up on the fact that as Ember they used to be super effective in a mission by pressing one button and having the ability passively  do all the work for them, and then they're salty because that isn't as much of an option anymore. In this camp are those who say Ember has no CC potential with reduced WoF Range when literally every ability Ember has delivers some kind of hard CC. Also players who say she deals less damage now, when the only damage changes to Ember were increases. Ember is still decently strong, and more effective than she used to be; the thing is that her effectiveness now requires a little effort.

Edited by SenorClipClop

Just now, ZesiMuerte said:

I see some threads on Ember today. Was there a change on ember? Can someone link me the official patch notes? I tried googling but all I am getting are January/February/April posts. Thank you.

they are old changes they have been around for awhile.