Fentera, the Seamstress Warframe

(XBOX)AD Exceed

This is Fentera, the seamstress. Weaver of Reality, her void-threads hold thrall over the very fabric of reality. Her sewing array, translate the effects of her threads on the fabric of reality to the physical world around her.
*Note, This is not a damage dealing warframe. It is a slightly robust support warframe with *Flavor*. You wouldn't think that threads are usually robust, but think about nylon and the seriously strong ropes that are made from threads, then think about one of the game's best tanks being made of friggin' Glass. 

Stats at max rank:

Health: 285
Shield: 200
Armor: 290
Energy: 285

Passive: Patch Up- Uses void-thread to patch up the warframe, slowly healing after a while of not taking damage. Requires energy to do at a rate of 1 energy per second and heals at 3.5 health per second.(2 secs)

Seam Ripper: Cuts a small hole in the Sewing Array, manifesting in the physical world as a line that bleeds all that get bisected by the line proportionate to your line of sight. (If the screen shows the line going through an enemy, they start bleeding. 
Press and hold to run a needle through every enemy using the sewing array, nicking blood vessels along the way, opening wounds and causing internal bleeding. This just makes the bleeding 65% stronger at minimum.
Damage: 145 per tick
Duration, 8 seconds at minimum

Chain Stitch: Use chain stitching to weave a wave of needle and thread forward at a conical angle of 120 degrees. This will cover the enemy in threads that sap their life force. Build up a count of how much life you sap, then press and hold to explode all that life force radially outward as health for all allies in range and a knockdown for all enemies in range. Enemies will stay down for three seconds.
-Range 42m

Hem: Stitch another layer of reality on the sewing array over the first one, creating a thickened space around the warframe that warps projectiles that hit it, robbing them of their effectiveness and their damage. Enemies cannot cross the barrier.
Range: 5 meters
Duration: 12 seconds at minimum
- Will show remaining efficacy as a flat number of projectiles that can be deflected, not a percentage. Projectile limit is the same as Limbo's Stasis projectile limit.

Loom of Fate: Use threads without needles to alter some characteristics of local reality.
---Three pulleys in the sewing array that will turn when the ability activates. Pressing and holding will turn the pulleys backward, while simply pressing will turn the pulleys forward. Does 3 different possible things. Switch effects by pressing and holding the hem ability.
 - Adjusts the aggression of enemies. Backwards will progressively slow enemies over 3 seconds until they stop moving, which they will stay until the duration is over
 - Adjusts the density of the space affected, making the air thicker or thinner. Reduces the enemies ability to breathe and hear, Reducing their accuracy by 85%
 - Adjusts the temperature of the affected area, Forwards will increase the temperature in the area, causing the enemy to faint for a few seconds. Backwards will lower the temperature, frostbiting the enemy. The frostbite will cause the enemy to use feeling in the hands, dropping their weapon in the process. Both of these processes happen in 3 seconds. (fixed)

Critique is welcome and will be seriously considered. Just be cool!

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205

Review time;

First up i really think you can just go with "Seamstress" with just thread and needle, without the need for the reality effecting part, simply because the only real "Reality altering" ability is the 4.

passive; health regen over time is fine but it shouldn't cost energy; it's a passive, passives don't cost energy.

1st; Let me see if i understand this properly; you use the ability and a line will appear on the screen (i.e. not in the world but on the UI) if this goes over an enemy they bleed; Hold the ability to make the bleed do more damage to enemies in sight. So it's pretty much Equinox's Maim but line of sight instead of AOE.

You could potentially make it act like Vauban's Trip wire instead; place razor sharp threads that cause bleed on any enemy that walks through it and if you hold the ability will cause all enemies within an area around the placed thread to take even more damage from the slash procs. Furthermore, you can make it that you can have multiple threads placed; maybe capped at 3 or 5 for more slash potential.

The only reason i suggest this is because; although your idea is cool, remember that "applying slash procs on everything i see" would be a bit OP as this is a first ability and as such would only cost 25 energy to cast.

2nd; How far forward does it go? 30~50m? Just make sure that the healing affects yourself as well, maybe add a duration to the knockdown for some quick CC in emergencies.

3rd; So Atlas' Tectonics made of thread that doesn't stop bullets but slows and weakens them but has no health. Nothing wrong with that. Might want to mention how many can be active at once though as well as how much damage is reduced when it goes through.

4th; first up if this is a quiver like ability (as in has multiple effects that you cycle through) it should be on the 4th, not the 3rd, although it is understandable in your cast as it also uses holding for a secondary effect. Maybe you could add other effects to one of the abilities that they could cycle through and the 4th changes depending on it; like the 2nd could have an effect strip armor and a different one for shields instead of health. This way there is a reason that the ability has a quiver on it.

Aggression; hold to have threads slow enemies and then finally anchoring them in the ground and press to pull enemies towards you with threads.

Density/Space > Sight/Hearing; Hold to blind enemies by covering their eyes with threads and press to move threads to cover enemy ears to make them deaf. (only one can be in effect at any one time, i.e. enemy cannot be deaf and blinded using the same ability)

Temperature > Control; Holding will disarm enemies of their weapons and pressing will pull all enemies into the ground knocking them over (essentially the same as fainting them).

I changed the names as i think you should weave reality but just void threads; you can disagree if you want though as this is just my opinion but they still do the same thing. Also, you need to mention the range this effects, 10~20m radius around self, maybe? Maybe make strength effect some of the multipliers such as slow or speed up.

Overall, interesting idea still missing some important things such as what mods effect what.

9 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

The only reason i suggest this is because; although your idea is cool, remember that "applying slash procs on everything i see" would be a bit OP as this is a first ability and as such would only cost 25 energy to cast.

Fair point, but do consider that oberon's first is "take away percentages of enemy health and confuse the hell out of them" and Ash's first is "Spammable, longer, stronger bleed procs" and Octavia's 1st is "Kill Everything till level 500) So overpowered is not something i'm worried about in this regard. And i had originally planned for the base energy cost of the 1st to be 40 energy. And I made the slash proc inherently weak specifically for that purpose...

12 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

How far forward does it go? 30~50m? Just make sure that the healing affects yourself as well, maybe add a duration to the knockdown for some quick CC in emergencies.

The healing affects self too. The range for this is actually 42m. Knockdown for three seconds? Done.

13 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

first up if this is a quiver like ability (as in has multiple effects that you cycle through) it should be on the 4th, not the 3rd, although it is understandable in your cast as it also uses holding for a secondary effect. Maybe you could add other effects to one of the abilities that they could cycle through and the 4th changes depending on it; like the 2nd could have an effect strip armor and a different one for shields instead of health. This way there is a reason that the ability has a quiver on it.

Yeah, i kinda ran out of things to do with that button. Can't change by pressing and can't change by holding, so change using another ability, problem solved. Your idea seems good for that, so let's go with it. I was thinking that this warframe has too wide a range of effects to have on the battlefield but armor stripping and shield draining? Fox it, let's do it!

16 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

So Atlas' Tectonics made of thread that doesn't stop bullets but slows and weakens them but has no health. Nothing wrong with that. Might want to mention how many can be active at once though as well as how much damage is reduced when it goes through.

The area is a very small dome around the warframe, much like zephyr's turbulence but instead of redirecting projectiles, it simply denies them. Only one can be active at once and it does not reduce damage, it outright blocks it. Its like Gara's Splinter storm in terms of shape and size but more like volt's shield in terms of functionality. Has a projectile limit, at which point it will break. A percentage value will show, reflecting the number of projectiles defensible before the barrier breaks.

21 hours ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

The area is a very small dome around the warframe, much like zephyr's turbulence but instead of redirecting projectiles, it simply denies them. Only one can be active at once and it does not reduce damage, it outright blocks it. Its like Gara's Splinter storm in terms of shape and size but more like volt's shield in terms of functionality. Has a projectile limit, at which point it will break. A percentage value will show, reflecting the number of projectiles defensible before the barrier breaks

Okay, completely different than i though it would be, it's more like iron skin but in a general, but small, area around you. You say projectile limit but does that mean; number of hits (like revnant's) or hp (like iron skin). Either way make sure to include a small "Buff Icon" that will show the exact amount of hits/health left as percentages aren't too useful.

Fair point, but do consider that oberon's first is "take away percentages of enemy health and confuse the hell out of them" and Ash's first is "Spammable, longer, stronger bleed procs" and Octavia's 1st is "Kill Everything till level 500) So overpowered is not something i'm worried about in this regard. And i had originally planned for the base energy cost of the 1st to be 40 energy. And I made the slash proc inherently weak specifically for that purpose...

You shouldn't increase the energy cost; all first abilities cost 25 energy as it's the first ability and frames should be able to use it without much cost. And plus, i was think more along the lines of "How can we give this ability more purpose" because right now there is no reason to not have it up; free guaranteed slash procs to all i see for a little energy cost. Maybe if it was a channeled (drain energy over time) ability to balance. There is also how players would use it; activate ability, have seizure (similar to how people use Ash's bladestorm), done, which i don't particularly like; i would prefer if there was some strategies and basic tactics to use the ability. TL;DR i want people to have versatility when using an ability not forcing seizures.

The healing affects self too. The range for this is actually 42m. Knockdown for three seconds? Done.

Good.

I was thinking that this warframe has too wide a range of effects to have on the battlefield

You can balance it by lowering the stats of the abilities slightly. Plus; that isn't really too many; 1 gives slash procs (hold to give more slash procs), 2 is CC with healing, armor stripping or shield sapping, 3  is a defensive ability, 4 is a bunch of enemy debuffs.

12 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Okay, completely different than i though it would be, it's more like iron skin but in a general, but small, area around you. You say projectile limit but does that mean; number of hits (like revnant's) or hp (like iron skin). Either way make sure to include a small "Buff Icon" that will show the exact amount of hits/health left as percentages aren't too useful.

You shouldn't increase the energy cost; all first abilities cost 25 energy as it's the first ability and frames should be able to use it without much cost. And plus, i was think more along the lines of "How can we give this ability more purpose" because right now there is no reason to not have it up; free guaranteed slash procs to all i see for a little energy cost. Maybe if it was a channeled (drain energy over time) ability to balance. There is also how players would use it; activate ability, have seizure (similar to how people use Ash's bladestorm), done, which i don't particularly like; i would prefer if there was some strategies and basic tactics to use the ability. TL;DR i want people to have versatility when using an ability not forcing seizures.

Good.

You can balance it by lowering the stats of the abilities slightly. Plus; that isn't really too many; 1 gives slash procs (hold to give more slash procs), 2 is CC with healing, armor stripping or shield sapping, 3  is a defensive ability, 4 is a bunch of enemy debuffs.

Got you. I understand. I'm going to amend the original post right now...

But one thing though, the first isn't something you keep active, its a one and done move. Use a seam ripper to bisect all enemies that go through the line on the UI. Once. One COULD spam it like Shuriken, but that's player choice.

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205