Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty leecher RISES : Miner, fisher, now K-driver & poop tracker lol

Doomsknightmare

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

grace period is the best solution. we wait for people now in public matches. if i start a bounty and i load into PoE or orb valis as host i sit at the gate until group fills.

if my friend needed to go afk right quick for the bathroom id wait. if something came up all he needs to do is leave group.

having the grace period will also make it easier to spot AFK, leecher or people who should be participating in the bounty. ive had one person say to the group after a bounty "if you need to leave just leave group because me and my friend are gonna stay" i wish there were more players like that because they were polite and respectful and letting us know they wanted to stay.

My issue with a grace period to start a bounty mission would be waiting on K-Drives.

And if the leecher is still leeching it would hinder starting my bounty.

If there was a grace period to reach the bounty mission area to get the reward i wouldn't have a issue with it. But there would probably be a lot of people complaining they didn't get a bounty BUG due to connection issues..

Edited by Grimmstyler

1 minute ago, Grimmstyler said:

My issue with a grace period to start a bounty mission would be waiting on K-Drives.

And if the leecher is still leeching it would hinder starting my bounty.

If there was a great period to reach the bounty mission area to get the reward i wouldn't have a issue with it. But there would be a lot of people complaining they didn't get a bounty bug..

k-drives is a whole other matter. only reason k-drives are slow is because they have no afterburner. k-drive point gain should be disabled during bounty just like mining and fishing gear should also be disable while there is an active bounty.

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

k-drives is a whole other matter. only reason k-drives are slow is because they have no afterburner. k-drive point gain should be disabled during bounty just like mining and fishing gear should also be disable while there is an active bounty.

16 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

i read it earlier but forgot to like it lol. i love the idea since ive played most of the tony hawk games, skate, 1080 snowboard, wave race 64, matt hoffman;s, shawn whites snowboard. you get the idea ^_^.

Edit: im probably one of the few who still remembers aggressive inline skating.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, BrazilianJoe said:

I would rather make the miners, fishers and conservationist's loot be shared loot, so if one person gets it, the wholse squad gets it. 

That way the person still contributes something in parallel to the squad's main mission. 

no thanks. if you want to have shared resources when outside of bounties? sure. during bounties everyone should be focused on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just create a  kick from squad option, when 3/4 agree selected player gets kicked.

Never played a game with more leeches than WF.

And has resulted in me playinng 95% of the time solo to avoid frustration.

Game needs to be harder, so nobody can leech or mission will fail and leeches become outcasts nobody wants to play with.

I dunno. Gaining K-drive standing while on the road between objectives is like the best part about the whole system, especially when done in a manner that doesn't slow down your movement. 

But I don't have a problem with people trying to gain resources during a bounty, because the missions are fairly easy, and a fair portion of them wouldn't go any faster with more people helping. I think stuff like fishing/mining is comparable to people breaking containers and opening lockers in regular missions. 

If I were looking for some sort of specific speed running team, I'd try to make a team in the LFG chat. Public missions are where people experience the content and search for resources at their own pace~
If they're gathering resources, they're good. If they're actually leeching by standing around doing nothing, then report them for leeching. >:O

44 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

I dunno. Gaining K-drive standing while on the road between objectives is like the best part about the whole system, especially when done in a manner that doesn't slow down your movement. 

But I don't have a problem with people trying to gain resources during a bounty, because the missions are fairly easy, and a fair portion of them wouldn't go any faster with more people helping. I think stuff like fishing/mining is comparable to people breaking containers and opening lockers in regular missions. 

If I were looking for some sort of specific speed running team, I'd try to make a team in the LFG chat. Public missions are where people experience the content and search for resources at their own pace~
If they're gathering resources, they're good. If they're actually leeching by standing around doing nothing, then report them for leeching. >:O

no. soloing is where people experience the content and find resources at their own pace. leeching in a public group is so that the person leeching gets to not help with the bounty (even though they queued for it) and get all the bounty rewards without even participating.

this kind of mentality (i don't care if people leech) makes me sick. if the bounties are easy for you, solo. do not go into a group and do nothing. its insulting and disrespectful to other players. we don't play warframe to babysit anyone. end of.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no. soloing is where people experience the content and find resources at their own pace. leeching in a public group is so that the person leeching gets to not help with the bounty (even though they queued for it) and get all the bounty rewards without even participating.

this kind of mentality (i don't care if people leech) makes me sick. if the bounties are easy for you, solo. do not go into a group and do nothing. its insulting and disrespectful to other players. we don't play warframe to babysit anyone. end of.

That's bullcrap, let people enjoy the journey. You're basically forcing people to play your way because you're in a hurry. Which is also disrespectful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaemyerelis said:

That's bullcrap, let people enjoy the journey. You're basically forcing people to play your way because you're in a hurry. Which is also disrespectful. 

in a hurry? please try making more sense. if i queue for a bounty i expect to do that bounty. i am also joining a group of people who also expect to do that bounty and me to participate in said bounty.

if you want to play your own way, solo. the moment you queue for a bounty and run off to mine or fish, you are leeching, and not participating in the bounty you queued for. if you want to join other people who are mining and fishing. DO NOT QUEUE FOR BOUNTIES. 

now tell me what about this you dont get.

19 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Your radical statement doesn’t help anyone, especially to game. Putting everyone into 1 bag with mark: “Leecher” is, imho, disrespectful.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

in a hurry? please try making more sense. if i queue for a bounty i expect to do that bounty. i am also joining a group of people who also expect to do that bounty and me to participate in said bounty.

if you want to play your own way, solo. the moment you queue for a bounty and run off to mine or fish, you are leeching, and not participating in the bounty you queued for. if you want to join other people who are mining and fishing. DO NOT QUEUE FOR BOUNTIES. 

now tell me what about this you dont get.

You apparently don't understand your own message. Above you pointed out your distaste for people k-driving or mining between bounties and mentioned they should queue solo, which means you're rushing it. I pointed out its ok to k-drive to the next objective or mine that node you passed as in reality itll take an extra couple of seconds.

You're obviously pissed about this but if you're going to argue with several random people keep track of your own arguments.

To be effective in group bounties, I had to hold off until I could build an archwing launcher to have a hope of keeping up. If you’re in a group that constantly leaves you behind, why not mine a little (within reason) between bounties? I do think if you que up, you should go in with the intent of doing the thing you signed up for but I can’t tell you how many bounties my group failed because the one or two people just wanted to rush the whole thing and couldn’t actually hold the point on their own. Now with a launcher in hand I see how it’s really supposed to go - everyone just flies from point to point... And not just that, they do it as soon as the next objective pops up, we could be in the middle of a fire fight, but we’ve made our time so everyone just takes off! I get it, but it’s nice when every once in a while I get a group that wants stick around and just wreak havoc for a bit too.

Also, if you sign up for bounty, complete it, but don’t get back to the base in time and new random objective pops - does that hurt your standing to abandon it? 

19 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

To be effective in group bounties, I had to hold off until I could build an archwing launcher to have a hope of keeping up. If you’re in a group that constantly leaves you behind, why not mine a little (within reason) between bounties? I do think if you que up, you should go in with the intent of doing the thing you signed up for but I can’t tell you how many bounties my group failed because the one or two people just wanted to rush the whole thing and couldn’t actually hold the point on their own. Now with a launcher in hand I see how it’s really supposed to go - everyone just flies from point to point... And not just that, they do it as soon as the next objective pops up, we could be in the middle of a fire fight, but we’ve made our time so everyone just takes off! I get it, but it’s nice when every once in a while I get a group that wants stick around and just wreak havoc for a bit too.

Also, if you sign up for bounty, complete it, but don’t get back to the base in time and new random objective pops - does that hurt your standing to abandon it? 

ive been in bounties that have failed because of speed demons as well. when i queue for bounties i always wait near the stage area for people to catch up. there is no sense in just rushing it especially in PoE where bounties get bugged quite easily.

ive given a solution to people not making it to mission area. they should just add a grace period before the stage starts either 30 sec or untill the whole squad enters. it will help finding afk leechers as well.

the extra one that pops up after bounties does not hurt your standing if you dont do it. its that extra one fake lotus spawns for hanging around in cetus.

• Like 1

When you join in a random team, you get random type of players that have different playing styles.

For example I prefer to use the K-Drive just cuz it's cooler to ride it instead of archwing, and I don't care about the vents standing, I gave up on that.

If you wan to achieve the best efficiency in terms of speed, go premade or solo.

But still, leeching exists, especially the ones that hide in a spot for the entire mission (and not only in bounties), those are the real damage in my opinion, and for this I dun understand why this game doesn't have a kick vote, it could solve many things.

best way to deal with pub leeching is to notice them,ask them if they plan on helping, if all else fails leave group and revisit the elevator/gate to try again.. causes the least drama and if everyone started doing it the problem would stop cause it would never work out in their favor, they do it because people dont pay attention and give them free standing

On 2018-12-01 at 5:50 PM, ShortCat said:

Maybe, this game is not for you. People do not play multiplayer games for a stellar solo experience, and Warframe is a multiplayer game at its core.

Maybe forums are not for you.Read posts you quoted,read your response,make a connection....

We are saying how matchmaking on public works and you say we are promoting solo play.Get real man.

16 hours ago, PawPaWuFF said:

best way to deal with pub leeching is to notice them,ask them if they plan on helping, if all else fails leave group and revisit the elevator/gate to try again.. causes the least drama and if everyone started doing it the problem would stop cause it would never work out in their favor, they do it because people dont pay attention and give them free standing

Most everyone notices, but are tired of restarting bounties.  Why should I have to waste my time constantly because people won’t help? 

• Like 2

Part of the issue is continuous bounties.  A group finishes one bounty run to completion and some people leave while others stay to start another bounty run.  The game reads this as a fresh game and opens it to any player loading orb v., including those who merely clicked on that node in the star map or left town with no bounty in hand to do random tasks like you are talking about.  It isn't really that player's fault they got matched with a team in the middle of consecutive bounty runs.  They shouldn't be punished for a game mechanic.

It would actually be nice if fishing, hunting and mining became rewards for everyone in the party during a bounty. That way teams could decide on if they wanted to split up their force for a higher risk/higher reward sorta thing. It would also drop some negativity from the leeches since they would be contributing with other rewards to the group while they are on the sidelines.

I’ve recently started posting in team chat when heading into open world non bounty runs that I’m there for resources not quests. Not sure if it gets through but at least that’s something... Also, can players spawn in next to you? Whenever I enter I usually auto spawn at the gate? But lately I’ll be fishing and a new player will spawn in next to me directly... I don’t ever recall that happening for me... maybe if you enter the node from the world map direct and not the host cities?