Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty leecher RISES : Miner, fisher, now K-driver & poop tracker lol

Doomsknightmare

Honestly, i think we are taking about the wrong cause.

People fish in public bounties because it is a pain in the butt to switch that selector between public and private.

You can't do it (or even see it) when talking to the bounty npc. You cant "fix" it without a bunch of losing screens.

Just make public vs private choice required to accept open world bounties or enter open world zones and the problem will mostly be solved.

57 minutes ago, xX-Kuro-Xx said:

Honestly, i think we are taking about the wrong cause.

People fish in public bounties because it is a pain in the butt to switch that selector between public and private.

You can't do it (or even see it) when talking to the bounty npc. You cant "fix" it without a bunch of losing screens.

Just make public vs private choice required to accept open world bounties or enter open world zones and the problem will mostly be solved.

what? no thats not correct. people can load straight into PoE from their orbiter or from running through the gates at cetus this doesnt put you into a bounty group. the only people who get put into a bounty group are those who "Queue" for bounties. the people who queue for bounties and then run off to mine or fish are doing so to leech.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-13 at 11:16 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

no. soloing is where people experience the content and find resources at their own pace. leeching in a public group is so that the person leeching gets to not help with the bounty (even though they queued for it) and get all the bounty rewards without even participating.

this kind of mentality (i don't care if people leech) makes me sick. if the bounties are easy for you, solo. do not go into a group and do nothing. its insulting and disrespectful to other players. we don't play warframe to babysit anyone. end of.

Its ironic that you talk about disrespect while displaying a significant portion of disrespect to people by labeling them as leechers even if they are not even leeching. That is funny. 

On 2018-12-13 at 11:37 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

in a hurry? please try making more sense. if i queue for a bounty i expect to do that bounty. i am also joining a group of people who also expect to do that bounty and me to participate in said bounty.

if you want to play your own way, solo. the moment you queue for a bounty and run off to mine or fish, you are leeching, and not participating in the bounty you queued for. if you want to join other people who are mining and fishing. DO NOT QUEUE FOR BOUNTIES. 

now tell me what about this you dont get.

Its very tiring when people think that telling people to solo missions will magically solve everything. I hate to break it to you, but WF is a co-op game that is not meant to be played alone, although it can be. You are going into public and expecting players to act a certain way. That is unrealistic to go into a public match and expect random people to play exactly how you want.

On 2018-12-13 at 8:34 AM, (PS4)Scissm said:

Just create a  kick from squad option, when 3/4 agree selected player gets kicked.

Never played a game with more leeches than WF.

And has resulted in me playinng 95% of the time solo to avoid frustration.

Game needs to be harder, so nobody can leech or mission will fail and leeches become outcasts nobody wants to play with.

Putting in a kick option will hurt more players than help. If you don't believe me then go to any EA multiplayer game, because they usually have a kick option. I have been kicked several times for no reason. I will not play WF if they implement a kick feature. It will make trying to do a public mission a nightmare.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-15 at 12:06 PM, Mad5cout said:

Part of the issue is continuous bounties.  A group finishes one bounty run to completion and some people leave while others stay to start another bounty run.  The game reads this as a fresh game and opens it to any player loading orb v., including those who merely clicked on that node in the star map or left town with no bounty in hand to do random tasks like you are talking about.  It isn't really that player's fault they got matched with a team in the middle of consecutive bounty runs.  They shouldn't be punished for a game mechanic.

they can fix this by making instances that start with a bounty, bounty instances so that they are never open to any one who doesn't queue for bounties. this problem only exists for orb vallis though.

• Like 1

There are much better ways of getting affinity than vallis bounties, but doing bounties can be fun even when you are leveling gear.

Personally, when I encounter someone who I feel I do not want to play with, I put them on my block list. Maybe that's not the best approach, but it probably saves everyone some aggravation (since if I did not have fun when they were there, they probably were not particularly thrilled about  me, also).

On 2018-12-16 at 7:55 PM, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Putting in a kick option will hurt more players than help. If you don't believe me then go to any EA multiplayer game, because they usually have a kick option. I have been kicked several times for no reason. I will not play WF if they implement a kick feature. It will make trying to do a public mission a nightmare.

Works perfect, i played Elder Scrolls online and there the vote to kick works perfect. 

After playing 1000s of hours i have been kicked max 3 times. 

It only hurts leeches, if you participate and play well, nobody gonna kick you.

You can only get kicked when 3/4  agree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Scissm said:

Works perfect, i played Elder Scrolls online and there the vote to kick works perfect. 

Good for you. I'm glad you've had a good experience. Many people don't and have to deal with random kicks for no apparent reason. I'd rather not have a system put into WF that is notorious for being misused.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Scissm said:

The vote kick can be a good idea to deal with leechers ... but it's also true that it can be used with foul intentions.

Imagine a group of players that want to troll you and they vote kick you for no reason right before the end of the mission or right before opening the relics, or imagine like someone joins the match with a frame that is hated by one of the other players, and he starts a vote kick, and 2 more players agree because it's "fun".

So I don't know, without a way to control the possible abuses it can be dangerous, I can't think about a solution, maybe someone can have a clever idea and have a solution.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-30 at 12:20 AM, KIREEK said:
  1. Location in minimap at some intervals are the proof you need, not mission results
  2. you can talk to them to force them into playing without insulting them, if you cannot speak without being offensive, then do not say a word please, otherwise you will and you should be reported for the offensive languange
  3. false reports (such as reporting for offensive languange when there is none) result in nothing, if for example you report a leecher when he isn't leeching, you may have your account suspended from support, meaning if your account has some sort of issue that support can help, you will be screwed if support can't be used at all

How to deal with them:

1. ask players to do the bounties or a report will be made (do not flame the user)
  2. start screencaping at random intervals of their location on the map
  3. use common sense, if the user missed 1 stage and returned back into playing the game, don't be a #$&(% and report him for extensive leeching and afk behavior
  4. report user for leeching and if you get a stage to collect intel or excavation type missions, add a report for "acting agains the team" since the difficulty is going up despite less players being around, attatch the screenshots

Congratulations, the user will likely be warned, he will then quit warframe altogether (very likely), will insist in leeching behavior (placing the account in a dangerous situation) or will now engage in actual helpfull gameplay, don't brag to much, other leechers will appear eventually.

really??

thats not leeching

agreed 100%

players should not be allowed to multitask on this level. they want the rewards for the bounty and the rep for turning in gathered materials. which does increase their reputation gained, but affects another player's experience in the process.

if players have physically chosen these bounties, nothing else should be necessary. they pick these bounties to do that bounty, not fish.

while reporting these players is an action to take, it is not a solution because it has no conclusion. you can and apparently WILL run into another leech and may have to report them too if you feel as if its worth it.

joining teams before a bounty is also an action to take, but it is not a solution because it forces the victims to take certain actions. though these are bounties they are still ordinary missions. it should not be required for players to find a party before a bounty and saying that it is a solution proves that leechers have influence on a players experience.

solo play is also an action to take, but again, not a solution. 

finding clan members should not be taken into account at all because this is not about clans.

referring the last three points mentioned above, we are looking for an ultimate solution, not the alternative!

AND NO, loot sharing is not a solution either. it will encourage more leeching because the leecher would feel that their actions are justified (making them leechers who pat themselves on the back) and it would be inconsistent with how the game works. if you dont find items yourself, you dont deserve those items.

leeching in general and in any game is intolerable because it affects a player's experience in negative ways. it is intolerable here for the very same reasons and should be addressed.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

On 2018-12-15 at 3:59 PM, (PS4)M1ST3R_NUTS said:

Most everyone notices, but are tired of restarting bounties.  Why should I have to waste my time constantly because people won’t help? 

'Leave Squad' is always an option.

9 hours ago, Ikusias said:

it doesn't solve a problem of malcostume that's becoming widespread to a worrying degree

It really doesn't, but at least it gives an option to not support the leecher's behavior and continue without having to restart the mission.