Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Full Chat overhaul

Cirayu

Ok, After long and rather draining discussions/arguments in region chat, I am writing an updated and clear idea here of what a new chat system should contain and How it should be use.

There will be 5 chat tabs:

tab 1 - Default - A button to open the Codex - a note about chat Rules saying to only ask for Mission help in recruit chat, price checks and trading in trade chat, Questions that do not fall into these two categories in Help chat and for general chatting and banter Region chat.

tab 2 - Recruit chat -  Filter bar Can  tick Hosting, Looking, or Help to only show those messages and make your messages shown as this with a (word)<name>:Message format, so if you don't tick any you can see  in colour which type of group that person is looking for.

Orange Hosting, Blue Looking, Green Help, White Any

tab 3: trade Chat  - MR 2+ locked - Filter bar for Buying, Selling, Trading with colours.

Buying Blue, Selling Green, Trading Orange, White: Any

tab 4 : Help chat has a filter bar for  How, Where, When

How is Green, Where is Blue, When is Orange, White is Other.

When you tick, your message will appear as that indicated type, and a bot will whisper you the answer to your question, and remove it from chat,  if the question cannot be Answered a Guide of the lotus ( In Purple) Will answer with an @name 

tab 5: Region chat - Initially MR 7+ locked so that spoilers for the Second dream can be discussed in a similar way to lore discussions go,  this is moderated by chat moderators, who now talk in Cyan/Teal, A guide of the lotus talking in this chat will appear purple.

The Chat  box - Change the colour to  a lighter grey ( ever so slightly) so that the Purple guide chat can be seen on the background more easily - Or let it be customisable with the UI.

Please tell me what you think, and if you like this idea,  please tell me, as the current chat system is better than it was, but not as good as it could be.

Edit 1:  I have decided I should probably add a community tab. so...

tab 6: Community - Filter -  Party - Clan - Alliance

party Blue,  Clan green, Alliance, orange.

Same as other chats,  you can  tick a box to change what you see and where you type, this one defaults to clan if you have no party.

Chat Filters Default to White if applicable, or Green in the community tab .

- If applicable: Exclusive Tab - Filter:  Founder, Design Council, etc.

Founder orange, Design council blue,  Other green ( e.g. guide chat ?)

All colours would be customizable in the settings ( esc -> options -> chat), You can also choose the default colour filter your chat starts in, with white as default, but you could, e.g. in community make it so Alliance is where you talk first instead of clan.

Image showing basic idea:

Scale is obviously not final, but the idea is this:

DxsW3iR.jpg

Edited by Perye
Adding a Community Tab and image

10 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

So for example if I'm newbie MR 0 and need some kind of help then I cant get that help cuz I need to reach MR 7+ that I can participate in chat!

Too bad!

Have you tried reading the post? 

21 minutes ago, Perye said:

tab 4 : Help chat has a filter bar for  How, Where, When

How is Green, Where is Blue, When is Orange, White is Other.

When you tick, your message will appear as that indicated type, and a bot will whisper you the answer to your question, and remove it from chat,  if the question cannot be Answered a Guide of the lotus ( In Purple) Will answer with an @name 

People have commented on the idea of liking the "help chat", but  say the current filter is fine, I disagree since you can just  add a space, or a full stop etc to  interrupt the "word".

But what do people think of JUST a help chat? ( and maybe MR7+  region lock)

I'm honestly surprised this isn't getting more attention,  in the EU  Region chat it's a complete mess with chat moderators who will not be named that abuse their power, while also somehow ignoring people who break region rules by trading/recruiting.

I have an idea for reworking the moderation system. It involves mr15+ members of the community voting on players to represent them as 'metamods' let's call them. The metamods' job is regulating the mods having the power to demod at will after discussion with the community which would be done in a special meta tab. The system would work like this, the mods regulate the community, the community regulates the metamods, and the metamods regulate the mods, so there's always accountability. 

Bump so that DE  can see this while thinking about their Expert Moderation people as mentioned in the Devstream.

As I feel everyone can agree a help tab would be the most beneficial of any changes to chat as people ask in region for EVERYTHING since there's no information in game pointing to where you should look aside from chat mods ( who I feel are forced to do guide's jobs) and the bot.