Jump to content
  • 0

Primary Focus School: Focus 2.0 Change or Bug?


Kevyne_Kicklighter
 Share

Question

Returning player from 2016.

When I returned to the game a couple days ago, because of the Amazon Twitch offer, upon entry I was FORCED to pick a primary focus school. Forced because I couldn't exit out of the screen and do ANYTHING else due to it blocking my view. BUT I had no idea WHAT primary school I was working on then. Not knowing this I picked whatever to just get back into the game and remove the screen from blocking my view.

Here's the problem now.

I have 337k worth of focus in Zenrurik. But my primary school is NOW Unaruk.

Every school is locked out, period now. Like I never did the quest to open them, either.

BUT that Zenurik focus rep is sitting there with 337k. The Greater Zenurik lens I upgraded to a Eidolon, too (have 2 Greater Zenurik lens).

I opened a ticket on this and the automatic reply I got was they generally don't restore forcus. But it's not focus I need restored (it's there!), it's my original primary focus school.

Focus 2.0 apparently reset my primary school but not it's focus, and forced a change that a returning player would not remember in almost 2 years.

HOW do I resolve this with DE?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
vor 14 Minuten schrieb Kevyne_Kicklighter:

Returning player from 2016.

When I returned to the game a couple days ago, because of the Amazon Twitch offer, upon entry I was FORCED to pick a primary focus school. Forced because I couldn't exit out of the screen and do ANYTHING else due to it blocking my view. BUT I had no idea WHAT primary school I was working on then. Not knowing this I picked whatever to just get back into the game and remove the screen from blocking my view.

Here's the problem now.

I have 337k worth of focus in Zenrurik. But my primary school is NOW Unaruk.

Every school is locked out, period now. Like I never did the quest to open them, either.

BUT that Zenurik focus rep is sitting there with 337k. The Greater Zenurik lens I upgraded to a Eidolon, too (have 2 Greater Zenurik lens).

I opened a ticket on this and the automatic reply I got was they generally don't restore forcus. But it's not focus I need restored (it's there!), it's my original primary focus school.

Focus 2.0 apparently reset my primary school but not it's focus, and forced a change that a returning player would not remember in almost 2 years.

HOW do I resolve this with DE?

Did you already play through the quests? 

Because you can unlock all schools and change your primary but I'm not sure if you have to finish the quest(s) first... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Theres nothing to fix man.

Just put lens into weapons/frames for the schools you want to gain focus in.  

Having 330k in Zen is not alot and Zen is a good school to invest in.  Like one of the top 3.  

If Zen is locked just grab some crappy zen lens from PoE or trading and unlock it so you can spend the points.   Then go more hardcore into whatever school you really want.   

Crap is it Unairo or Naramon..... one of those is the first one you should get because it has Affinity Spike.  This lets you gain more focus from melee kills.  If you only have ur frame and a melee weapon then its 25% to your frame and 75% to your weapon.   So add in Affinity Spike and you will gain focus pretty good.(no matter what focus school lenses you are using)

Madurai has void strike, amp energy/regen.   Void Strike is a great skill for eidolon fights.

Zenurik has energy regening void dashes and operator energy/regen.   When you void dash as an operator you create a zone where other people can enter and have their energy regenerated.  Prettyhandy.

After that bleh...I think Unairo has something Wisp that helps people inflict crits also thats used in eidolon fights but I wouldnt know.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Crap is it Unairo or Naramon..... one of those is the first one you should get because it has Affinity Spike.  This lets you gain more focus from melee kills.  If you only have ur frame and a melee weapon then its 25% to your frame and 75% to your weapon.   So add in Affinity Spike and you will gain focus pretty good.(no matter what focus school lenses you are using)  

Tis Naramon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Theres nothing to fix man.

Just put lens into weapons/frames for the schools you want to gain focus in.  

Having 330k in Zen is not alot and Zen is a good school to invest in.  Like one of the top 3.  

If Zen is locked just grab some crappy zen lens from PoE or trading and unlock it so you can spend the points.   Then go more hardcore into whatever school you really want.   

Crap is it Unairo or Naramon..... one of those is the first one you should get because it has Affinity Spike.  This lets you gain more focus from melee kills.  If you only have ur frame and a melee weapon then its 25% to your frame and 75% to your weapon.   So add in Affinity Spike and you will gain focus pretty good.(no matter what focus school lenses you are using)

Madurai has void strike, amp energy/regen.   Void Strike is a great skill for eidolon fights.

Zenurik has energy regening void dashes and operator energy/regen.   When you void dash as an operator you create a zone where other people can enter and have their energy regenerated.  Prettyhandy.

After that bleh...I think Unairo has something Wisp that helps people inflict crits also thats used in eidolon fights but I wouldnt know.  

337k of focus was a lot in one month I played in 2016 (I left right after the Mag changes). I originally started Warframe in 2014.

THE FIRST SCHOOL AND ONLY SCHOOL YOU COULD PLAY IN 2016 WAS YOUR FIRST CHOICE. MY CHOICE THEN WAS ZENURIK.

Came back and was forced to pick a primary school I long forgotten WHAT school it was from 2 years ago. I couldn't do anything as the screen popped up forcing me to make a choice, couldn't even exit out TO RESEARCH WHAT school I was in.

When you're away from a game for years you try to get reacquainted with the UI ... didn't even have that choice as the NAG screen blocked anything BUT being forced to make a choice BEFORE entry.

WHY I don't know as nothing mentioned Focus 2.0 changes. I had to even SEARCH for it on the forums to see what bug is it now.

So, YES, there is something to fix. Is it a bug or a feature that reset your primary school? I don't know HOW it was possible considering only ONE school was even open (as in 2016 you could only work on your chosen school at that time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Is it a bug or a feature that reset your primary school?

It's a feature, along with Focus 2.0 came a global reset / return of Focus (and Lens) investments.

9 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

There is nothing to click as everything is greyed out. 

I can see the 337k focus in the Zenurik tree, but everything now is grey out and locked.

Could you post a screenshot of your main Focus screen (with the 5 circles)?

Are you saying, on that screen, when you hover over the Zenurik circle,
there are no options to unlock the School for 50k Focus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
50 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

So, YES, there is something to fix. Is it a bug or a feature that reset your primary school?

They did a second pass on focus about a year (citation needed), and they did reset schools and accumulated focus. So not a bug.

By your description, it seems you cannot change primary schools as your current primary might not have any focus nodes unlocked/active in order for the game to allow you to switch to other schools.

Only suggestion I can consider before following up on your support ticket, is to check whats your CURRENT primary school, acquire lens for that school, invest whatever it is that you need to at least force the game to allow you to switch schools. If that doesn't work, remember to add that into the support ticket, as that then will be considered an actual bug.

If you currently already have active nodes in your current primary school,. ignore advice, but include details (that you have active nodes in current primary school) in support ticket.

Edited by Souldend78
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Theres nothing to fix man.

Just put lens into weapons/frames for the schools you want to gain focus in.  

Having 330k in Zen is not alot and Zen is a good school to invest in.  Like one of the top 3.  

If Zen is locked just grab some crappy zen lens from PoE or trading and unlock it so you can spend the points.   Then go more hardcore into whatever school you really want.   

Crap is it Unairo or Naramon..... one of those is the first one you should get because it has Affinity Spike.  This lets you gain more focus from melee kills.  If you only have ur frame and a melee weapon then its 25% to your frame and 75% to your weapon.   So add in Affinity Spike and you will gain focus pretty good.(no matter what focus school lenses you are using)

Madurai has void strike, amp energy/regen.   Void Strike is a great skill for eidolon fights.

Zenurik has energy regening void dashes and operator energy/regen.   When you void dash as an operator you create a zone where other people can enter and have their energy regenerated.  Prettyhandy.

After that bleh...I think Unairo has something Wisp that helps people inflict crits also thats used in eidolon fights but I wouldnt know.  

Do you know whether the melee affinity bonus relates to just your melee kills or also melee kills by other players in the mission?

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Souldend78 said:

They did a second pass on focus about a year (citation needed), and they did reset schools and accumulated focus. So not a bug.

By your description, it seems you cannot change primary schools as your current primary might not have any focus nodes unlocked/active in order for the game to allow you to switch to other schools.

Only suggestion I can consider before following up on your support ticket, is to check whats your CURRENT primary school, acquire lens for that school, invest whatever it is that you need to at least force the game to allow you to switch schools. If that doesn't work, remember to add that into the support ticket, as that then will be considered an actual bug.

If you currently already have active nodes in your current primary school,. ignore advice, but include details (that you have active nodes in current primary school) in support ticket.

Accumulated focus is still in the Zenuriki tree. Was refunded none of the focus, either. The current primary school I have isn't the one I was working on in 2016 (like I said you couldn't unlock another focus tree then as people were still leveling ONE tree).

There's nothing to activate as everything is locked AND greyed out.

This is exactly what happened in WoW with my sister's neck piece, it greyed out. But their customer service fixed it.

Same thing happened here. Everything is locked out due to some database SNAFU upon entering the scene (orbiter). Like data was being retrieved from cold storage and one stream disconnect causes an item and it's function to grey out.

It also messed up my clan hall (couldn't get the Ascension Altar to activate UNTIL I PAID 15p for it). It worked THEN!

So this seems to be a database issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Accumulated focus is still in the Zenuriki tree. Was refunded none of the focus, either. The current primary school I have isn't the one I was working on in 2016 (like I said you couldn't unlock another focus tree then as people were still leveling ONE tree).

There's nothing to activate as everything is locked AND greyed out.

This is exactly what happened in WoW with my sister's neck piece, it greyed out. But their customer service fixed it.

Same thing happened here. Everything is locked out due to some database SNAFU upon entering the scene (orbiter). Like data was being retrieved from cold storage and one stream disconnect causes an item and it's function to grey out.

It also messed up my clan hall (couldn't get the Ascension Altar to activate UNTIL I PAID 15p for it). It worked THEN!

So this seems to be a database issue.

Read again, my point is, that if your Primary is not active because you have no focus in that school in order to activate any nodes on it, might be the reason why you are not allowed to do a school switch.

Primary before secondary. Get lens for current primary, get focus farming into your current primary, and activate nodes into current primary, not Zenurik school, which is not your current primary.

Edited by Souldend78
Glad you got it fixed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I hope you learned your lesson and never take such long breaks again =P

(and sorry I would have never thought of those quests.  I did the 2nd dream and then stalled on quests for a long time and only did TWW to get my personal quarters unlocked.  Wasnt even messing with my focus schools hardly at that point so it was mostly a blur)

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2018-12-01 at 10:14 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I hope you learned your lesson and never take such long breaks again =P

(and sorry I would have never thought of those quests.  I did the 2nd dream and then stalled on quests for a long time and only did TWW to get my personal quarters unlocked.  Wasnt even messing with my focus schools hardly at that point so it was mostly a blur)

Came back due to the Amazon Prime offer -- but being reminded that I can never complete the MR 8 rank test due to 2 strokes -- probably won't stay for long again. I see the Riven mods are MR 8+ as well, so the game essentially ends at MR 7 for those without functioning 2 hands and eyes. Can't do the higher quests or using the weapons until unlocking MR8.

People leave games because of reasons, more so games with hard locks where you can't continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

MR 8 doesn't seem that hard because there is no time limit. maybe there is someone who can help you/do the test for you.

 

If not, try to get a support ticket and tell them about your problems - maybe they can do something for you.

 

wish you all the best,

Nacond

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 minutes ago, Nacond said:

MR 8 doesn't seem that hard because there is no time limit. maybe there is someone who can help you/do the test for you.

 

If not, try to get a support ticket and tell them about your problems - maybe they can do something for you.

 

wish you all the best,

Nacond

Before 2016 it would've been soooo easy. After 2 strokes, I can't use my left hand or see well now, it's impossible. Bullet jumping is a 2 key operation.

First problem is the flashes and bluring the test uses, due to this (@ 2:02). I'm literally blinded to even SEE the platforms. I don't have visual clarity anymore and see a world of static and blurs...

Second problem is using my weaker hand to tap Space 2x fast enough to execute a Bullet Jump to get to platform 4. My left hand is stiff.

So what seems to be a mild challenge to the abled, it's impossible for me to clear this ranking. I tried remapping the keys so I can use my fingers instead, still can't tap fast enough to execute the bullet jump to get upto the 4th platform. It's requiring the use of multiple keystrokes close together and my hand can't do it. MR 8 is done on platforms, while blinded (afterimages galore!).

DE, you really shouldn't lock players out of end-game content like this, because parkour skills can be done in the environment as a hit/miss/retry deal. Failing the ranking tests though you're completely cut off of the game past MR 7. This has no bearing at all in completing tasks in the game, it's a hard lock that COMPLETELY shuts people out of the game. I can't use Riven mods. I can't do the MR 8+ questlines. Can't use MR 8+ weapons, either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
vor 26 Minuten schrieb Kevyne_Kicklighter:

Before 2016 it would've been soooo easy. After 2 strokes, I can't use my left hand or see well now, it's impossible. Bullet jumping is a 2 key operation.

That's what I meant with maybe someone can help you. One platform after one, one shot after one. There is no time limit. Also it's possible to train. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
46 minutes ago, Nacond said:

That's what I meant with maybe someone can help you. One platform after one, one shot after one. There is no time limit. Also it's possible to train. 

No one can help me do this task (and I'm not account sharing to try even). Amazon Prime/Twitch offering? MR 14 weapon, just sitting there useless.

MR 12 Riven mod I got from TWW? Useless.

Hard locks in games like this needs a warning for the disabled to stay clear of completely.

I also want to give this player 1000000+s for his/her comment. Every disabled person has a different type of disability. I had rarer strokes that affects sight/spatial (3D orientation)/sensation/mobility. I play games as therapy. BUT, when ranking tests are hard walls FROM playing the game itself (so much is locked behind mastery ratings) DE needs to put a disclaimer on their game -- especially when making offerings with other companies that REQUIRE MR to even use their offerings.

 

 

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
34 minutes ago, Nacond said:

Like I said before you can try to contact support... 

I sent a ticket in, but I think I'll get a better response from Amazon, instead. They at least answer questions via phone, not just send you an automatic reply. Offering MR 14 weapons as their Amazon/Twitch linking is absurd ... moreso when Amazon charges for it ($12.99/mon) ... and you can't even use it due to mastery locks.

How in the world you can BUY mastery locked items even??? Riven slots I bought, useless because Rivens are MR8+, too.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Yeah you'll get an answer from Amazon sooner than from DE... But Amazon can do nothing about it... (also they don't charge anything for giving away warframe items - they charge for their service while these items are free) 

But maybe DE can help you just activating MR8 or something like that. 

 

Still you can get help from other persons - I don't think the MR8test is that hard even for people not playing video games. I even believe my girlfriend could do it (after some (or in her case more) training of course :p)

 

Although I'm not sure I think it's even allowed to use macros if you are disabled in some way. So you could also use a macro for bullet jumping or whatever you need to beat that test

Not seeing the platforms might be difficult but I would even be willing to write down a "manual" or something like this if that can help you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Nacond said:

Yeah you'll get an answer from Amazon sooner than from DE... But Amazon can do nothing about it... (also they don't charge anything for giving away warframe items - they charge for their service while these items are free) 

But maybe DE can help you just activating MR8 or something like that. 

 

Still you can get help from other persons - I don't think the MR8test is that hard even for people not playing video games. I even believe my girlfriend could do it (after some (or in her case more) training of course :p)

 

Although I'm not sure I think it's even allowed to use macros if you are disabled in some way. So you could also use a macro for bullet jumping or whatever you need to beat that test

Not seeing the platforms might be difficult but I would even be willing to write down a "manual" or something like this if that can help you. 

Amazon CAN do something about it because it's FALSE ADVERTISING.

With Amazon Prime this isn't a "free offer", they will charge you $12.99/mon subscription for using the service.

When you can't use and PAYING for items that are mastery locked that you can't complete, is called bait and switch advertizing (they lured you in with an offer, but you simply can't use it). That's called fraud when it involves real life money.

Doubt Amazon even knew that the offer was mastery locked, too (what's the point of luring customers in with items they can't ever use due to a hard lock system, again???).

WHY can folks buy mastery locked slots and weapons when they can't even use those features, but there is no refund policy for buying such items, too?

Get it yet???

See this isn't about JUST the concept of luring gamers into a game only to have them level locked and NEVER able to use the item, it's outright fraud for not mentioning it clearly that the weapon is MR14 locked ... and you will be PAYING DE TO maintain a system to KEEP it locked!

It's wrong all around. They have to offer items players can use on day one -- NON LEVEL LOCKED items -- otherwise it's false advertising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...