Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can the game STOP automatically opening our inbox upon logging in OR whenever a new mail is received?

Lance_Lionroar

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s to reduce the number of “where’s Baro?”s in chat. 

That is a terrible way to circumvent people's inability to read the star chart, by needlessly sending all of us mails (with no option to turn it off), when most of us can clearly tell where he is.

I was speaking in general though. Not just Baro mails, but generally force opening our inbox whenever there's new mail is not a good idea and I don't see why it's still there after all this time.

I actually love this auto-open feature.

It's easy to miss gifts from friends or other event info. If the new mail notification symbol in the top right was more visible and not rotating between other things like boosters and friend requests, then I could see the auto-open given an option to being turned off.

Edited by ShinTechG

1 minute ago, ShinTechG said:

I actually love this auto-open feature.

It's easy to miss gifts from friends or other event info. If the new mail notification symbol in the top right was more visible and not rotating between other things like boosters and friend requests, then I could see the auto-open given an option to being turned off.

Fine, I get where you're coming from, and everyone's gonna have different preferences. Why isn't there an option to toggle this in our settings? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who hates this or has been hurt by it. (I just lost 50k standing points from completing Conclave weekly challenges over this)

9 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Pretty please? I'm pretty sure we're all capable of opening up and checking on our mails ourselves.

This is incorrect.

Numerous times events and certain aspects of the game have been explained both in the forums and via popup ingame, even so some players do not know what to do, since they believe the world spins around them, they post on the forums and in region chat "what do i do?" or "how do i participate in event", "how i get this resource"

If those players with a popup still don't know what to do, by removing the popup you would essentially increase the spam of pointless question in the forum and region chat and i don't see you with the motivation of replying to them what to do after reading said message ingame.

The current system reduces the spam overall, don't know what to do? BAM, in your face what you need to do.

32 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

This is incorrect.

Numerous times events and certain aspects of the game have been explained both in the forums and via popup ingame, even so some players do not know what to do, since they believe the world spins around them, they post on the forums and in region chat "what do i do?" or "how do i participate in event", "how i get this resource"

If those players with a popup still don't know what to do, by removing the popup you would essentially increase the spam of pointless question in the forum and region chat and i don't see you with the motivation of replying to them what to do after reading said message ingame.

The current system reduces the spam overall, don't know what to do? BAM, in your face what you need to do.

And that's why, refer to my suggestion a couple posts up. Simply give us the option to disable this for the ones who are bothered by it. Make it on by default so that it continues to go on like this for all the new and confused people, and it only goes away when they willingly turn it off. Meanwhile, giving the rest of us peace of mind.

Edited by Lance_Lionroar
Typo

10 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

And that's why, refer to my suggestion a couple posts up. Simply give us the option to disable this for the ones who are bothered by it. Make it on by default so that it continues to go on like this for all the new and confused people, and it only goes away when they willingly turn it on. Meanwhile, giving the rest of us peace of mind.

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt. 

People rely on them, but we should be able to get an option to change the inbox system like we can with other stuff.

For example, I don't want the Baro or Ghoul Purge inbox messages. I just delete them as soon as it pops up anyways. Like a blacklist for inbox messages type of setup would be nice.

44 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Yes those icons need to be more noticeable, bigger, brighter.  Side-by-side instead of rotating one at a time, having to wait to see all the active icons is unnecessary. 

Just put Navi from Zelda64 in the corner constantly pestering us until we open our mail.

HEY!  LOOK!  LISTEN!  HEY! LOOK!  LISTEN!

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Pretty please? I'm pretty sure we're all capable of opening up and checking on our mails ourselves. It's pretty disruptive, and can forcefully and prematurely give us rewards we are intentionally delaying the receiving of. I really do not understand why it's always been this way.

No we aren't. Ask my boss ... 😐

16 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Pretty please? I'm pretty sure we're all capable of opening up and checking on our mails ourselves. It's pretty disruptive, and can forcefully and prematurely give us rewards we are intentionally delaying the receiving of. I really do not understand why it's always been this way.

The only thing we need is notification system for those mails. But it shouldnt force our screen to be dragged just because Stalker is mad as hell over some infested boss.

4 hours ago, XenMaster said:

The only thing we need is notification system for those mails. But it shouldnt force our screen to be dragged just because Stalker is mad as hell over some infested boss.

Exactly. And because people are too damn lazy, you can still include the option to have it automatically open for them.

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

It is not. It's DE who decides stuff like that.

If I'm not supposed to have any choice in the matter, and it's all DE controlling when I open up my rewards (which is pretty backwards, but okay), then why did they make the change from initially having the Teshin mail automatically open up as soon as you finish the challenges to only receiving the rewards when you manually open your inbox? It simply seems it went past their heads that ANY other mail would still automatically open up your inbox and therefore activate the rewards prematurely (which, again, they gave you the choice to manually activate when you want to).