Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Build

LuLriel

Question

Hey,

I have recently gotten a pretty nice crit chance riven for the Synapse and would like to build the weapon around it.

Beam weapons are usually not my thing, so I am not sure which build would be best right now. As you can see the riven itself has innate toxin damage, and as I do not want toxin on it I had to use the 60/60 electric mod to turn it into even more corrosive (and boost the status chance). That means that I have 1 "free" slot if I use the usual crit build: Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike & Vital Sense. My question is which mod should go into that free slot?

I have the choice between Hunter Munitions, Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and Primed Shred. Which one in general would be "best" here? Or do you guys have a better build that you want to share?

Edit:  Looks like I cant insert the screenshot of my build right now. [Riven: +264% Crit Chance / + 158 Toxin Damage / - 30% Reload Speed]. My total Crit chance is at 201%.

Edit2:  I have heard that using Hunter Munitions on beam weapons like Synapse/Amprex is not optimal because of their low base damage affecting the slash procs. Is that true?

Edit3: Thank you guys for your answers!

Edited by LuLriel

2 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, LuLriel said:

I have heard that using Hunter Munitions on beam weapons like Synapse/Amprex is not optimal because of their low base damage affecting the slash procs.

I don't really see why that would matter, Slash procs can stack so even if you get weak-ish DOTs
(which, mind you, are still affected by Crit Mods so the damage isn't that low, either),
you'll get loads of them from fast-firing weapons like those two, so it's all good in the end.

So yeah, HunMun is a totally viable choice (unless I'm missing something / flat-out wrong, which is of course unpossible).
Though I do definitely likes me some Punch Through (especially on Amprex),
and more Fire Rate for faster Armor melting could be neat, as well.

BTW, especially if you do go for HunMun, you could use the Riven's Toxin to form Viral,
Viral and Slash procs are a dream team wombo combo that wrecks pretty much everything.