Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tick box: "HIDE VAULTED"

sir_deadlock

DE, I'm sure you're tired of hearing it and everybody's tired of asking for it.

Please, give us the option to hide vaulted items when browsing things to sell, destroy and/or use.

I've personally put in great effort to try to keep track of vaulted items and relics. To the point I even made my own spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17KoQZKcMDaxnYRxKV7D7APr3jhEuHOK8kGZCxTciO2c/edit?usp=sharing

I'm doing what I can. It's a chore. Every time Baro comes around, I know I'm going to be hard pressed to participate. I'm a veteran player; I've got stuff I collect and never intend to sell. There's a lot to go through, I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Picking through relics and primed parts for what I won't be kicking myself for burning... a lot of the time I just give up. I don't crack relics. I don't trade for ducats. I just ignore the whole system because it's more trouble than it's worth in its current state. Other times, I make a special effort, checking for which relics or primed parts aren't in the vault, making sure I have enough to not regret using them. Or I start from scratch and go out relic farming, keep track of what I've collected, use them and trade the parts. It's tedious and takes a lot of fun away from the game, but I have to do it to get ducats safely.

Please, give us a "hide vaulted" tick box. I need this. Or something. There needs to be a viable solution, because the vaulted items list keeps getting longer and with every vaulting, my untouchable inventory gets harder to sort through.

I don't really get the problem here to be honest. Are you trying to have all the uncrafted prime sets on hand? I have a bunch of stashed vaulted parts/relics for later use, but I've never had problems with ducats/fissures/trading. Do you just have troubles with memorizing this kind of stuff in general? 

Anyways, if I understand your issue correctly, all you really need is a piece of paper with an open table for currently available relics and a list of currently available primes. It is easy to manage and takes 15 min tops to make.

On 2018-11-30 at 11:16 AM, Infirito said:

I don't really get the problem here to be honest.

I'll try to explain it differently to help you get the problem.

I'm asking for a quality of life feature (QoL, so the game's not broken), because it would greatly make my experience more accessible. Addressing the abundance of vaulted items is also not just a me issue, as the kind of thing I'm asking for has been requested again and again over the years.

If you'll visit my spreadsheet, you can see the "quick sheet" tab which is actually very small and somewhat simple to maintain. I've had to cut it down to being only the most essential information. The bigger list I keep to help keep track of vaulted items. I'm doing what I can to help myself where the game's design has come up short.

To find the active relics in my inventory I need to wade through tens of other relics. Could I use the search box? Sure, if I know I have a specific relic; otherwise I search for keywords or scroll in the hope that I have something to use, which I have to finish doing before the timer runs down during missions. I've had to run without relics because I can't find an unvaulted one in time. Missed some good drops because of that. And like I said, when I do the prep work, it gets done. It's not that I can't do it, it's that it's tedious to perform such mundane essential functions.

After cracking relics, in order to sell prime parts for ducats, I need to again do more wading through probably over a hundred scattered pieces for the ones that aren't vaulted. It's cumbersome and most of the time it's such a bother to find a handful of parts in that huge list that I'll just abandon pursuit.

You asked why I keep so many things. It sounds like you're suggesting I dump them all to save myself the grief. I put in the hours to earn these items and I'd like to keep them. It could be easier to play while owning them, and I'm offering a constructive suggestion to that end.

You asked if the reason I'm requesting this is because I have trouble memorizing hundreds of different prime parts, relics and how many I have on hand. Like I said, I do what I can to help myself, but a small change, the ability to hide vaulted items, would be a great help. It's not just about knowing what's vaulted or unvaulted, it's about dealing with all the extra icons I don't want to interact with.

I hope this has helped you understand why I desperately want this feature.

So, is it the ammount of stuff you have the problem here and searching through all of it? Also, doesn't the ducat thing have a search bar or is just the shop?

Anyways, this and many other QoL things would be nice to have, but remembering the recent UI overhaul (it's initial look, not what we have now after many fixes), I wouldn't expect any of them. That overhaul made it pretty clear that whoever makes decisions like this in DE doesn't understand game's utility at all. I mean, the Simulacrum controlls are still haven't even been returned to the functionality of the old look, pretty much anything about party managing is just sad and has been for a long time.

11 hours ago, Infirito said:

So, is it the amount of stuff you have the problem here and searching through all of it? Also, doesn't the ducat thing have a search bar or is just the shop?

It's more than just one thing. The amount of items I've collected is one of the reasons I want this. But even if I only had a couple, I'd still want this. Trouble memorizing every item I've collected and knowing when something just entered the vault are also reasons why I want this.

I've personally put in the effort to keep track of vaulted items. I'm trying to be good about that. Others haven't done so well and I've seen them kicking themselves for wasting items they can't get back. A while ago, I know I traded some rare items for ducats because they were dropping with some frequency, not knowing they had just entered the vault. That's part of the reason why I made my spreadsheet. There's some rotation to unvaulting items, yes, but it can be years before an item comes around. As my spreadsheet gets bigger and bigger, watching the vault, I see all the items people must have fluffing up their inventories.

The problem with using a search bar is that it only finds one thing at a time. I could search up "paris" to see if I have paris prime parts to sell, and then "lex" to see if I have lex prime parts, and then type the next unvaulted prime and the next; it would take a while and is a lot of trouble. I could put in more vague terms like "gun" or just any random term to cut the list down, but there's still a chance I'll be seeing vaulted items. The search bar is not a practical solution to this issue because the variety of vaulted items is too diverse to be sorted out by any keywords. And even if there were a special keyword, like "#xyz" or whatever, it would be such a common search term serving a dedicated purpose that it might as well be linked with a tick box.

11 hours ago, Infirito said:

Anyways, this and many other QoL things would be nice to have, but remembering the recent UI overhaul (it's initial look, not what we have now after many fixes), I wouldn't expect any of them.

Sometimes it takes a while for DE to pull their designs together, but they're an amazing team. They're constantly trying to improve their product. One of the old star charts was beautiful and interesting with its segmented design. It wasn't very convenient in its layout though, so they changed it. It took a while, but they changed it. The mod screen used to be much smaller and a pain to scroll through. They made it bigger, put in sorting terms and a search bar. The process of upgrading mods used to be an enormous hassle, selecting literally hundreds of individual mods to be burned up towards an upgrade. They streamlined it with the endo system and even introduced being able to pick which upgrade level it went to so there'd be no wasted resources. I'd been asking for something like that and was delighted when it came around.

I've been here long enough to put more faith in their dedication to the community. Not too much, mind you. There are some things they just never get around to, but I know they care. I know they're trying to be better.

I would very much appreciate the feature I'm requesting. It would make my gaming experience a heck of a lot easier, but I'll still keep playing if they don't make it. Maybe I'll avoid a few things because of the hassle, but the overall game is fantastic and I love it.

3 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

I've personally put in the effort to keep track of vaulted items.

Well, that's why I suggested keeping track of the unvaulted items instead. With more and more prime items being added your list will be evergrowing, but the ammount of items that are available currently doesn't change much since old items are usually getting vaulted when the new primes are introduced. It would take a little more to manage, but sorting through should be easier.

Also, I have no doubt in DE's developing skills, I've been here in closed beta and it's pretty much a different game now. The thing is, though, while team focuses on big things like next prime, next warframe/weapons, big updates etc. small things are just getting ignored untill they decide to change the entire system that includes them, there are a few exceptions like melee line of sight or auto-filling ayatans (we still have to do it 1 by 1), but they are few.

3 minutes ago, Vantooth said:

Wouldn't this be more appropriate in feedback? More likely to be seen too I believe. Fan concept really isn't the place for suggestion about gameplay 😕

Do you think so? I was under the impression that this was the place for things that don't currently exist. If that's where I'm supposed to put requests for new features, then yeah, I'm eager to put my post in the appropriate place! 😁

46 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Well, that's why I suggested keeping track of the unvaulted items instead.

If you'll take a moment to visit the "quick sheet" tab on my spreadsheet, you can see what i'm working with. If you've got any advice on something I should add, I'd appreciate your input.

I also have an "active relics" tab which only displays the content from active relics.

1 minute ago, sir_deadlock said:

Do you think so? I was under the impression that this was the place for things that don't currently exist. If that's where I'm supposed to put requests for new features, then yeah, I'm eager to put my post in the appropriate place! 😁

In my understanding this is a forum for people who have concept about new warframes or weapons. While constructive feedback and suggestions (quality of life change, buffs nerfs etc) should belong in the feedback sub-forum. Also I believe you can report your own post with the "this post does nothing wrong, I just want moderators to see it" with a comment saying you would like to have the thread moved to the appropriate feedback forum. This ensure none of the conversation is lost and you don't have to create a duplicate.

As a side note; This is the kind of thing that report option is there for so don't worry about bans or anything.

5 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

If you'll take a moment to visit the "quick sheet" tab on my spreadsheet, you can see what i'm working with. If you've got any advice on something I should add, I'd appreciate your input.

Holy potatoes, dude, that's a lot of stuff... no wonder you get lost in all of that. I mean you do you, but I would really only keep the table of Active relics (maybe the unvaulted ones too) and made 2 lists for Weapons and Warframes (not their parts) that you can currently farm. That would be it for "quick sheet".