Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Cell Carriers not spawning in Fortuna Excavation

Punacea

I was doing a Fortuna bounty and on the third stage I had to protect an excavator. I noticed that enemy spawns were surprisingly low, only getting 4 enemies coming at me every 30 seconds roughly. There were also no power cell carriers spawning, rendering the mission unbeatable. Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: I was playing Solo

Edited by Punacea

Happened to me twice already, glad to see these excavations are as glitchy as the originals. Had to abandon both times. To be clear to anyone reading, it's not a low spawn rate, it's literally not spawning a single power carrier, even with a 4 star alert. My excavator was a veritable warzone and not a single carrier.

Same problem on a T4 bounty. I documented it in this album. https://imgur.com/a/FwVwJhp

The excavator was on a hill. Most things were spawning around 200 meters away. I think and one of the power cell carriers was on top of a mushroom. I think there's probably a spawn limit and a set amount of carriers and they were just too far away to see. 

I experienced a similar situation, the enemy spawn rate was fine, plenty of things to shoot at, but not one of them was a power cell carrier, I defended the thing for like 10 minutes before they finally whittled it down and killed it, failed the bounty stage 4/5. 

This also becomes a problem in normal Excavation missions on the star chart when you try to stay for extended periods of time, power carriers just stop spawning after a while, and it becomes nearly impossible to keep going, making one of the "endless" game-modes end quite quickly, once you can't keep filling the excavators.

Yeah, I'd like to think this issue becomes evident with open world tilesets compared to normal mission/non-open world tilesets.

With normal mission tilesets, i'd make an assumption that the spawn and pathing would be limited to the bounds within the corridors and rooms of the tileset, but with open world it's likely not the case.

I had the same problem, was realy frustrating. it was on the last part for me. i was doing the bountie solo too.
i was on that last part for about 20-30 minutes. not 1 powercell carrier was spawning this whole time!!!!!!
Every other enemie except this one was spawning.

I have also just encountered this problem, I was doing the Archaeology bounty (5th mission 40-60) Was also running the mission solo, the dig was the last part of the mission (5/5) Was killing the bad guys for about 15minutes before abandoning the mission. Not one power cell dropped, nor was there any of the bad guys who were supposed to carry the things spawning.

I even left energy shields (using Volt) around the excavator whilst I ran around the area, didn't find any cells on my travels, also waited for the enemy to drop 4 of those things that summon one of those the big @ss spiders 🕷️  to see if it would trigger any powercells to drop, saldly still no cells.

So ya, there would appear to be a wii bit of a problem with this! Hopefully there will be a fix for this, till then 🤼‍♀️ hugs 🤼‍♂️ to anyone who has endured this!

Before the latest hotfix, they had made it so that cell carriers spawned very often, making a 5 target excavation very fast, but now after they nerfed the number of excavators deployed on a full squad, there are barely any carriers to complete ONE EXCAVATION.
Please DE revert it back to 5 excavators with surplus of cells!!!

Same problem here. I did a bounty on Fortuna earlier in the day that had an excavation and had plenty of power cell enemies spawning. Did another bounty on Fortuna just now with an excavation objective and not a single power cell in 10 minutes. As a solo player this makes the rep grind even more frustrating when it seems like this is a common issue.

I did about 10 runs before it started dropping power cells. Maybe because thier servers are too high on traffic now. I had that "not connected to network" flash a number of times on runs where I didn't get power cells. Also as a 3 day player, this is way too tough for an into quest.

Edit: Had to go back to my ship and equip the level 30 bow and level 30 melle weapon to do it. Once I had that, it was actually pretty easy.

Edited by (XB1)DamienYouth

• 2 weeks later...

Had some trouble completing the Vox Solaris quest excavation part, too. It took me approx. 45 minutes, merely protecting the excavator and waiting for power cell carriers to appear. The excavator was on a slope and for half of the time, only Moas spawned. I have the Thief's Wit mod equipped and saw on the map that there were actually power cell carriers in the vicinity, but when I roamed the area, I couldn't see any. That kinda annoyed me and then, just by coincidence, I saw something from above attacking one of my moa spectres (I had positioned one close to the excavator so I could start my power cell hunt). After a bit of jumping to get a better view, I noticed one enemy standing on top of the biggest mushroom. I tried to bullet jump to him, it didn't work. I was not only low on power cells but also on frustration tolerance, so I applied my Archwing Launcher and just flew up there. Having reached the top, I was presented with a big bunch of enemies, most of which were passively standing, not even firing or trying to jump down at all! Lots of Moas - but amidst them, also two power cell carriers, exactly the ones I needed for completing the quest. Obviously, the enemies sometimes get dropped off on the mushrooms and that's why, you can see them showing up on the map but not actually catch them on ground Level. Same goes for mods and other stuff you can pick up. I am aware that there might be other bugs keeping you from completing the sub-quest, but checking out the big mushrooms for potentially 'hidden' or stuck enemy groups can't hurt.

Edited by Pilum_Muralis

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem and have been trying to complete the quest for a full day now. I MAY have a SOLUTION. So I noticed that this issue only occurred on calm servers or Fortunas. However, when I joined a busy one, I saw about 4 to 5 power cell carriers every few minutes. A lot of other stuff spawn too so watch out. Hope this helped. :)

Btw, was playing solo

I ran several Void Fissure excavations on Earth and only managed to complete one of them. Sometimes enemy spawns took place but no carriers appeared, other times enemy spawns simply stopped altogether. Starting another excavator would restart enemy spawns but then again, either there were not enough carriers to complete the excavation, or the spawns just stopped entirely after one or two waves.

Solo excavations are pretty buggy right now (again).

POSSIBLE ISSUE FOUND! I only just started doing Vox Solaris quests and I have the same problem, I cannot finish the excavation missions, however think I have discovered the issue! I am going to guess the power cell enemies ARE spawning, because the only enemies that VISIBLY spawned above ground are non power cell reinforcements, because I believe the power cell enemies are stuck BELOW ground. I heard a set of corpus babbling the whole time on either side UNDER GROUND, so I think the game wouldn't want to spawn anymore above. The game does not give a enough of a time limit to go outside the mission perimeter to find the cave entrance to find them, which would be dumb to have to do anyway. Just block off these caves as spawns for missions. Here's some of the enemies stuck underneath.

And please PLEASE lets us be able to skip all dialogue cutscenes in the future for the love of all known space, being forced to watch the same one again and again having to repeat buggy missions is aaaaaaaaa.

52582510_10157745963279714_7568111750013

Edited by LittleTeapot

Well, at least this is not an unprecedented issue ... the matter of standing next to an excavator... off line ... 40 seconds left ... 0% Power ... and nothing and nobody within range (the boundary beyond which the objective ... to find a power cell ... will be automatically “abandoned” ... while in the process of going to where anyone or anything might be ... that has a power cell ... which is the objective ... to retrieve ... to power an excavator ...).

OK, I know, it seems ridiculous to just automatically expect enemies to show up with the power cells for an excavator which they don’t want me to use. And so it only stands to reason that if they don’t bring one, then the excavator won’t work, and they can save resources while losing absolutely nothing.

The memory of “and I was kicking myself for not bringing a rope” comment in TWW settles in ... oddly ... since Tenno can’t climb ropes or ladders ... likewise the wish emerges to have the operator chime in with a not dissimilar comment, “now I’m kicking myself for not bringing a shovel so I can dig to try to find a power cell for the excavator. Or at least I would be, if I actually could kick myself, or use a shovel.”

Of course the whole time I’ve been writing this, the stream of the mission has been running. 

That is humor enough for now I suppose.

Edited by (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax
Round out the report.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering this issue with excavation spawn rates (especially when running solo) have been an on-and-off matter since the release of Fortuna last year, I am quite disappointed that there has been no definitive fix implemented.

I sincerely hope that they don't abandon the resolution of these issues in favor of their newer content projects. The longer time has passed with unresolved bugs/issues, the more it is prone to becoming an "unwanted feature/function/gameplay mechanic".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...