Change exodia contagion PLEASE

S.Dust

Please remove the self damage from that arcane its ruins the arcane all together. If you want people to actually use it maybe removing the part of it that makes it one shot you if you accidentally end up in the blast range would help. Some people are gonna argue oh just stay out of the range but if you do a bullet jump melee attack you are almost guaranteed to land where the energy blast thing goes and it's stupid. You have to play so cautiously with it that it ruins it all together, and its not like zaw cautious its like dont even jump if you have a finger near E cautious. So please remove the self damage from that exodia. Also i'm only using a rank 1 and it one shots me.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why? Its an attack with no cost that can deal massive damage at long range. There has to be some risk for using it.

The same could be said about nearly every gun in the game, though. And yet it would be stupid if players instantly died whenever they landed a meatshot with a shotgun.
There's no rule that there "has to be some risk".

Exodia Contagion in particular punishes you for performing attacks that any other melee weapon could perform safely. If there's an enemy floating in the air, then any melee weapon could swat them out of the air with an aerial or a slide attack... unless you're using Contagion, in which case swatting them is probably suicide.

It's silly that Contagion punishes players for using attacks in melee range... with, you know, a damn melee weapon.

Edited by SortaRandom

What I dislike about Exodia Contagion is that the projectile doesn't spawn immediately. There is like 0.5s between the slash and the projectile spawning. That delay kills me.

Also the projectile is quite large and it can easily hit small obstacles.

42 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why? Its an attack with no cost that can deal massive damage at long range. There has to be some risk for using it.

Even i kill my self with it every now and then.

I killed myself with this Exodia as Nezha with Warding Halo...Perhaps reducing the self-damage would be enough so it doesn't one-shot you.

Edited by Kialandi

39 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Instead of punishing players for using attacks in melee range (with, you know, a damn melee weapon), the better solution would be to simply make Contagion projectiles less rewarding at this range.

Exodia contagion already requires the projectile to travel 30mts in order to make use of its full potential.

6 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Exodia contagion already requires the projectile to travel 30mts in order to make use of its full potential.

I realize that. What I meant was that if DE wanted to discourage players from using Contagion at point-blank range, then they could simply make point-blank Contagion even less rewarding than it already is, instead of making it outright punishing.

Then I was like "well, it's unrewarding enough already", so I had edited my post just before you quoted me.

I think this will involves "How and when to use it", I have mine on rank 2 and jebus I cant use it without dying if I spam it. I dont really know, its a melee weapon so spamming exodia contagion without risk would defeat its class as "melee" because as far as I know people would spam it from afar and bullet jumping from place to place and doing some ranged arcane bombardment from above or so. But I do understand how fun and good the arcane is but well who knows.

PS I would also love it if I can spam exodia contagion without taking self damage but if it stays like that well....its fine as it is anyway.

I am OK with self-damge

However, I think the controls need to be redone so that it can be used more consistently; with fewer accidental deaths.

DoubleJump+Melee is cumbersome and makes for imprecise aiming, thus the projectile hitting nearby stuff unintentionally = death

Proposed change:

AIM+Melee to activate energy throw. (aka, Channelling, aka 'Heavy Strike' in melee 3.0)

makes intuitive sense, since throwing the projectile is a ranged action and you normally hold AIM to do long range targeting.