Garuda Suggestions (Post recent changes)

1manApocalypse

Copy pasted from hotfix post.

Ok, now that i've tried Garuda's changes, time to share my thoughts. Overall mostly good things, the natural talent thing, the charge speed buff on her 4 being the main attractions, the rest being mostly small "every little bit helps" sorts of changes i guess. But, there is some things that feel a bit eh. The max angle nerf on her 4 doesn't feel too great, i liked being able hit everything i could see. Another thing, the "floating while charging" thing, needs some sort of opt out, some way to cancel it or to choose to active it or not, since it's not always wanted to be used, I'd suggest something like tying it's activation to holding down right mouse button, akin to aim gliding. 

Now, for a few other suggestions, from a combination of me and my friend's ideas and a few posts on here. A bit more survivability on her would be nice, probably tied to her 1, some possibilities being making the shield hitbox bigger/block things more consistently(including aoe attacks possibly), or maybe auto rotate to incoming damage(while still allowing manual control ideally) or maybe some way to control that isn't tied to your camera, since you won't always be looking where damage is coming from, some form or proc immunity or knockdown/stagger resist, or just a straight up armor buff or something.

Her 2 is mostly fine, at least conceptionaly, but aside from healing allies, really it's main purpose is an energy source to feed her 3, which, if you have some alternative means of healing, like magus elevate, becomes even less useful. So i suggest adding some added functionality to it, possibly, like maybe some light damage reduction. Some synergies with the rest of her would be nice, since healing with her passive the way it is is kind of counter intuitive to start with, more on that later, but maybe buffing the effects of her 1/4 on enemies in the circle?

Her 3 is ok for what it is i guess, an automatic use rage without having to actually be hit by enemies (saves a mod slot at least), nice for filling energy for QT for such, but mostly there to get her health down for her passive. 

Her 4 is mostly fine as well, but again, reverting it's max arc range back to what it was would be nice(or maybe affected by range mods?), at least make possible when charged long or something, and possibly increase the damage done when charged as well. Some sort of range indicator on it would be nice as well, like the ring on harrow's 3, and list the range in the arsenal too, for now i'm assuming its the standard 50m. 

As for her passive,letting her keep the damage buff for a few seconds even after healed, or having the damage buff be based on damage taken within x amount of time instead of current health would improve synergy with her 2, i mean come on, a frame that benefits from having low health with a healing ability?

Edit: Some wording changes and a few added suggestions

Edited by 1manApocalypse

1 minute ago, 1manApocalypse said:

The max angle nerf on her 4 doesn't feel too great, i liked being able hit everything i could see

Yeah i dont see any reason why it couldn't extend further with an even slower charge speed.

3 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

Another thing, the "floating while charging" thing, needs some sort of opt out, some way to cancel it or to choose to active it or not, since it's not always wanted to be used, I'd suggest something like tying it's activation to holding down right, akin to aim gliding. 

I don't get this one... just cast it on the ground? The way it works you want to cast from a particular spot anyway unlike the usual aoe 4s... so i really don't see the downside to the whole hover thing?

6 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

being making the shield hitbox bigger/block things more consistently, or maybe auto rotate to incoming damage(while still allowing manual control ideally), some form or proc immunity or knockdown resist, or just a straight up armor buff or something.

Auto-rotation would kill it, but faster movement and a bigger hitbox would be nice. I see a reason for stagger immunity (QT), but knockdown resist is just kind of a bonus that every frame wants and a straight armor buff wouldn't fix anything.

9 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

So i suggest adding some added functionality to it, possibly, like maybe some light damage reduction.

I like the current functionality of dipping in and out of the aoe, if whatever you add encourages me to stay in that small ass aoe: no, thank you.

11 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

As for her passive,letting her keep the damage buff for a few seconds even after healed, or having the damage buff be based on damage taken within x amount of time instead of current health would improve synergy with her 2, i mean come on, a frame that benefits from having low health with a healing ability?

Why does everyone expect so much from her passive? Even at half health it's already one of the best passives of the game. (Limbo, Nidus etc are obviously better)

Trust me, you don't always want to float, warframe as a game focuses a lot on mobility, so often times you're going to want be jumping around the map to avoid damage, so when you want to charge her powers while you're jumping around, and then become sort of a sitting duck for a few seconds, it's a bit counter intuitive, so "just cast from ground" doesn't really work in practice.

Regarding the auto rotation i see what you mean, i'd just like some way for it block things not where your camera is looking.

Not wanting to stand in the circle is understandable, but i'd just like more reason to use it.

As for the passive, yes it's very good compared to most passives, but as of now, she can already maintain her passive at 100% indefinitely if she wants to, it'd just be nice to let her keep briefly when her hp goes back up vfor a bit more EHP, mainly some QoL really, since as she her 2 healing has sort of anti synergy with it(or any unwanted other healing from allies), and she kind of discourages the use of any health mods.(which isn't as much a problem for me since my build is tight as is, but maybe for others, and the option to do so would be nice.

Edited by 1manApocalypse

2 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

Trust me, you don;t always want to float, warframe as a game focuses a lot on mobility, so often times you're going to want be jumping around the map to avoid damage, so when you want to charge her powers while you're jumping around, and then become sort of a sitting duck for a few seconds, it's a bit counter intuitive, so "just cast from ground" doesn't really work in practice.

Yeah... i'm not exactly new to Warframe. Obviously being able to move normally while charging would be better. I thought you wanted the option to use the pre-hotfix state and in that case you could just cast out of a slide or smth like that.

29 minutes ago, 1manApocalypse said:

Trust me, you don;t always want to float, warframe as a game focuses a lot on mobility, so often times you're going to want be jumping around the map to avoid damage

Try telling Zephyr this.

Edited by GPrime96

Yeah this change to her 4 is unacceptable. I logged on today to play with her and have fun. but DE seems to be allergic to the idea of fun. Garuda was never a powerful frame to begin with her 4 is not an AOE unlike many nuking frames that simply do her job better. but what fun she did have was there and neat. this nerf on her attack radius is god damn unacceptable.

It's so small now I can't hit anything! the target is so small it's not even half your screen! the enemies simply move out of range. Garudas ult should be a marker NOT a radius. you should be able to mark the targets by just touching them with the circle like Mesa's peace makers but no. they wanted to nerf and already under whelming frame.