Try Not To Always Rely On Warframe Abilities

Sonicdh6

To make this clear, No, this is not me forcing you to not use your abilities. This is just my opinion on what happens or what should be done in-case a situation that doesn't allow you to use your Abilities occurs. Basically just trying to help people to prepare for these instances within the game.

Earlier I played a game with someone and that person got me thinking: Hey, I should really let them know how to live in missions without the use of Warframe Abilities or Other Player Warframe Abilities. Even though they just don't get the explanation, I have instead decided to convey the message to here like so: If you rely on either your own Warframe Abilities or Someone Else's then you might not do to well when either A) Your Abilities get restrained and cannot be used. B) You don't have enough power to use said Ability. If you are asking, "I wonder what having your Abilities Restrained means". then those are included (but not limited to):
1. Nullifiers
2. A Special Mission (sometimes missions have been known to do this)
3. The Stalker (only one of Excalibur Umbra's abilities can actually affect The Stalker, which is Radial Howl)

Ah.. player skill.  It is a lost art, says me a player that recognizes the fact he's gotten supper lazy on Rhino.

But the forums don't have to worry about me joining your groups and being worthless. I know my limitations and I solo or duo with my wife 99% of the time.  I've pugged only... 3 times? in the months I've been playing.

3 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

Ah.. player skill.  It is a lost art, says me a player that recognizes the fact he's gotten supper lazy on Rhino.

But the forums don't have to worry about me joining your groups and being worthless. I know my limitations and I solo or duo with my wife 99% of the time.  I've pugged only... 3 times? in the months I've been playing.

Don't worry, no one should just shun you or not want to play with you just because of that. in fact I think that you can still do lots of stuff even still.

In fact, if anyone decides that they just don't want to play with someone due to skill or otherwise then they should try to broaden there horizons and help out other players in the process instead of just saying things like: "get good" or "it all on you if you are bad"

I don't think this is a huge issue normally and I solo 90%+ of sorties knowing I can just press an ability button and alt-tab for a minute without any risk at all.  For most starmap\sortie missions I just need to know when to have a bit more situational awareness before depending entirely on powers.

But in the Orb Vallis, I definitely feel like this is good advice if you are going for a 4 star alert level.  The constant stream of Comba/Scrambus, Raknoids, Raptors, and having Nullifier bubbles on everything make abilities less than completely reliable.

Especially with how Kyta Raknoids after the last patch now having immunity to warframe powers until their shields + overshields are depleted preventing them from getting instant downed by powers like Peacemaker.  Also Scyto Raknoids see through stealth and Raptors can 'hear' through stealth making stealth no longer a god mode.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor Grammar

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

And the difference between crutching on powers and crutching on OP weapons is? 

The difference between the two is that with Powers you have an energy pool that can be instantly drained, go down fast, or just being able to just not use at all. However with a Weapon, OP or not, your ammo won't be taken away just like that and you have a primary, secondary, and melee to choose from to better any situation.

4 minutes ago, Sonicdh6 said:

The difference between the two is that with Powers you have an energy pool that can be instantly drained, go down fast, or just being able to just not use at all. However with a Weapon, OP or not, your ammo won't be taken away just like that and you have a primary, secondary, and melee to choose from to better any situation.

Also for the fact that once your Powers drain out then that is it for your Powers, but, with Weapons if one doesn't seem to do it (such as a Primary) or runs out of ammo then you can switch to your Secondary or Melee.

2 hours ago, Sonicdh6 said:

Sooo what you're saying is the game has a distinct deficiency with weapon jamming enemies. 

PABLO! We need Primary and Secondary Weapon Nullies  

If you’ve played a lot of Energy Reduction Sorties and know how to conserve your casts, you should be fine.

I used to run a Blind Rage Saryn before her rework (she should be on v3.xx, I’m speaking about v2 when Spores were Viral and Miasma was pure Corrosive damage) on Energy Reduction Sorties. I’ve done that just fine. Chroma with Blind Rage, Rhino with Blind Rage, any frame that’s not wholly reliant on spam casting to get the job done, etc. I never run high efficiency builds unless the frame needs that synergy between powers.

Like @Erytroxylin said, Warframe’s not a skill-based game. It’s fun however you see it, even of you’re not ability reliant.

I normally rely less on my abilities in the lower levels unless i’m playing in Mot or similar Missions like it. But when i’m playing in Orb Vallis and i have 4 Reinforcement Beacons up, that’s when i be more careful with my abilities since Combas, Scrambus, Nullifier Bubbles, Hyenas, Turrets, etc. are attacking me at once (mainly play Garuda but i can do the same with Valkyr Prime). Especially when the Elite enemies there shows up.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Unless you play Octavia.  Then you can tactically teabag your way through everything in the game.

Soloing sorties in Orb Vallis using "tactical teabag" since day one. Got the max title without dying a single time. Thanks, DE. 

Edited by Yamesan

I've kinda been working on this as well this past month, as I noticed how much more efficient my random team members oftes was. Trying to get a good balance across all my weapons so I can switch to conserve ammo whenever needed without loosing too much efficiency when killing. Also made sure to alway have ammo/health/energy-packs equipped for worst case scenarios. I rarely use abilities on low to mid level missions anymore, unless for giggles. On high level I still try to only use them when needed, and make sure to generate new energy as I spend it.  

I think this is something that takes a while to balance though, because for newer players the warframes are simply easier/faster to upgrade than weapons.

And of course probably one of the most overlooked asset you have imo is the operator, which can be used regularly in very efficient ways for different situations, especially if you spend some time on that focus tree.

Ok I'll just rely on my multi formad Kohm with riven equipped lol.  Or one of the many other OP weapons I have.  I always carry over 100 large and medium energy consumables as well as use zenurik.  I'm rarely in a situation where I can't use my powers.  Leeches around?  Spam pizzas to use my power and make them go away or controlled.

7 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I find spamming abilities more fun, so I'll keep using them until the game stops me

HUNTER! I have temporarily disabled that ability.

I think it's important to find a balance. Become comfortable with both your Warframe and your weapons, because your weapons may save you where your abilities may not.