Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All mods randomly removed in upgrade screen

(PSN)krumlin

If you double click triangle in the upgrade screen all mods will be removed. That's an easy mistake to make, but sometimes it even happens just from clicking triangle once.

The upgrade screen doesn't work well at all. Sometimes you can't swap or remove mods. Or pressing R1 doesn't work. But removing mods is a major problem for me.

Uhh?  Pressing Triangle once opens the menu... pressing it again allows you to filter mods... Triangle only removes ONE mod if you're hovering on that mod.  It's not an easy mistake at all, you have to explicitly pull it off.  I never even knew this was possible and I've been playing the game 5 years.  There's like a 4 second loading screen when opening the menu... you have 4 seconds to stop pressing triangle.  I just sat there mashing triangle while not hovering on a mod and nothing got removed.  

As for the second half, I've just straight up never experienced this things.  R1 works 100% of the time, and I've never been unable to remove or swap a mod.  Either you're doing something wrong or your install is somehow bungled - that's not the experience of 99.99% of all players.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

13 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Uhh?  Pressing Triangle once opens the menu... pressing it again allows you to filter mods... Triangle only removes ONE mod if you're hovering on that mod.  It's not an easy mistake at all, you have to explicitly pull it off.  I never even knew this was possible and I've been playing the game 5 years.  There's like a 4 second loading screen when opening the menu... you have 4 seconds to stop pressing triangle.  I just sat there mashing triangle while not hovering on a mod and nothing got removed.  

As for the second half, I've just straight up never experienced this things.  R1 works 100% of the time, and I've never been unable to remove or swap a mod.  Either you're doing something wrong or your install is somehow bungled - that's not the experience of 99.99% of all players.  

Since you don't quote the source of your statistics (99.99% of all players?), I invite you to cite that source if it is in fact official and not merely a number pulled from a bodily orifice.  I say this because my experience with the UI on PS4 has been very much in line with what the OP has described, and not at all as you have described Lagrue.  In fact, I posted this detailed feedback in the forums back when the UI overhaul was released in update 22.20.6, and I still experience these issues to this very day, nearly 6 months later!

The fact of the matter is that I can have my cursor positioned directly over a mod, but pressing Triangle does not remove that mod 100% of the time.  Sometimes, pressing Triangle when the cursor is directly over the mod I would like to remove ends up removing ALL mods from ALL slots.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why this happens, but suffice to say that (1) this was never a problem prior to the UI overhaul in update 22.20.6, and (2) because it did not ever happen prior to that update, I am certain that this is not working as intended and is a BUG.

The same problem exists for pressing L1 or R1--just like the problem with pressing Triangle yielding unpredictable results regardless of where the cursor is located on screen, pressing L1 or R1 to switch between CONFIG A, B, and C in the upper part of the Upgrade screen will sometimes end up switching the mod collection filter between ALL, Madurai, Vazarin, etc in the lower part of the screen (or vice versa!)   Or, at other times, pressing those buttons does nothing.  It's all still a buggy mess, and still needs to be fixed!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

The same problem exists for pressing L1 or R1--just like the problem with pressing Triangle yielding unpredictable results regardless of where the cursor is located on screen, pressing L1 or R1 to switch between CONFIG A, B, and C in the upper part of the Upgrade screen will sometimes end up switching the mod collection filter between ALL, Madurai, Vazarin, etc in the lower part of the screen (or vice versa!)   Or, at other times, pressing those buttons does nothing.  It's all still a buggy mess, and still needs to be fixed!

The one distinction I seem to see is if the cursor is in the “gutter” area, the edges, around the upgrade screen. If itks not really hovering over the mod slots, the L/R key events are directed to mod collection.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

Since you don't quote the source of your statistics (99.99% of all players?), I invite you to cite that source if it is in fact official and not merely a number pulled from a bodily orifice.  I say this because my experience with the UI on PS4 has been very much in line with what the OP has described, and not at all as you have described Lagrue.  In fact, I posted this detailed feedback in the forums back when the UI overhaul was released in update 22.20.6, and I still experience these issues to this very day, nearly 6 months later!

The fact of the matter is that I can have my cursor positioned directly over a mod, but pressing Triangle does not remove that mod 100% of the time.  Sometimes, pressing Triangle when the cursor is directly over the mod I would like to remove ends up removing ALL mods from ALL slots.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why this happens, but suffice to say that (1) this was never a problem prior to the UI overhaul in update 22.20.6, and (2) because it did not ever happen prior to that update, I am certain that this is not working as intended and is a BUG.

99.99% was clearly hyperbole to fill in for "the majority."  If you're actually attacking that, then God help you.

The majority does not experience this, I can't reproduce any of it and I've never heard of anybody else having these issues - doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but it sounded more to me like a user error considering I couldn't replicate the feat.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2018-11-30 at 11:21 PM, (PS4)krumlin said:

If you double click triangle in the upgrade screen all mods will be removed. That's an easy mistake to make, but sometimes it even happens just from clicking triangle once.

The upgrade screen doesn't work well at all. Sometimes you can't swap or remove mods. Or pressing R1 doesn't work. But removing mods is a major problem for me.

R1 L1 same problem, random

I can change config b or c if I go with the cursor on it and I press x

Edited by (PS4)Menego_Maistro

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-01 at 11:14 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

99.99% was clearly hyperbole to fill in for "the majority."  If you're actually attacking that, then God help you.

The majority does not experience this, I can't reproduce any of it and I've never heard of anybody else having these issues - doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but it sounded more to me like a user error considering I couldn't replicate the feat.

Also to state that the majority doesn't experience this is unevidenced regardless of your arbitrary percentage. It's not disproven just because you can't produce the same issue on your end and unless you've personally asked say 1000 people then your claim wasn't backed up. I think that's all the other person was trying to say

On 2018-12-01 at 7:29 PM, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

I have experienced all these issues as well. Also if you are trying to remove a mod by pressing triangle, sometimes it will open the menu for sorting your mods instead. In my opinion I think that the "remove all mods" option should be entirely removed. Really it isn't that hard to hover over the 10 mods max that you could have and press triangle individually. As well how often do people actually need to remove every mod, most builds have very similar setups with minor tweaks. I just think having the option to remove all is unnecessary and it causes more frustration when it happens unintentionally. It's convenience is rarely justified 

Edited by (PS4)ForesakenDemize

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForesakenDemize said:

I have experienced all these issues as well. Also if you are trying to remove a mod by pressing triangle, sometimes it will open the menu for sorting your mods instead. In my opinion I think that the "remove all mods" option should be entirely removed. Really it isn't that hard to hover over the 10 mods max that you could have and press triangle individually. As well how often do people actually need to remove every mod, most builds have very similar setups with minor tweaks. I just think having the option to remove all is unnecessary and it causes more frustration when it happens unintentionally. It's convenience is rarely justified 

Ideally, if DE is going to keep the "Remove ALL Mods" button, what I would really like to see is Press-and-Hold-Button-to-Activate functionality implemented (along the same lines as Vauban's Minelayer or Ivara's Quiver abilities, where tapping the button has a different function than pressing and holding the same button). 

If we had to Press-and-Hold the Triangle button to Remove ALL Mods, it would eliminate accidentally removing them all when tapping the button in attempt to remove a single mod.

But ultimately, I agree with you--I would rather have them get rid of the "Remove ALL Mods" functionality until everything else in the UI is working properly.  No sense adding new features when the foundation they're being built on is unstable!

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

4 hours ago, (PS4)ForesakenDemize said:

Also to state that the majority doesn't experience this is unevidenced regardless of your arbitrary percentage. 

It's evidenced by that fact 4-5 people in this thread have the issue and this isn't a 50 page thread.  If it was a major and prevalent issue we'd all know it.  I will continue to assert the vast majority doesn't experience the issue because it's been months of nobody or hardly anybody complaining about this.  It doesn't take actual data to deduce that most people don't go through this, just basic observation skills. 

Also good job replying literally 2 weeks later.  Really appreciate necros for no reason but to start fights.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2018-12-16 at 1:40 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

It's evidenced by that fact 4-5 people in this thread have the issue and this isn't a 50 page thread.  If it was a major and prevalent issue we'd all know it.  I will continue to assert the vast majority doesn't experience the issue because it's been months of nobody or hardly anybody complaining about this.  It doesn't take actual data to deduce that most people don't go through this, just basic observation skills. 

Also good job replying literally 2 weeks later.  Really appreciate necros for no reason but to start fights.

Just a few points -- first, (PS4)ForesakenDemize was correct when they said:

On 2018-12-16 at 8:50 AM, (PS4)ForesakenDemize said:

Also to state that the majority doesn't experience this is unevidenced regardless of your arbitrary percentage. It's not disproven just because you can't produce the same issue on your end and unless you've personally asked say 1000 people then your claim wasn't backed up. I think that's all the other person was trying to say

... as that's exactly I was trying to say. 

Granted, 4-5 people in this thread have the issue, but when you compare that to the number of people in this thread who have stated they don't, wouldn't that statistically indicate that the majority are experiencing this issue?  Of course not... but the same way that 4-5 people stating that they are having a problem doesn't indicate a majority, neither does a single person saying that they aren't having a problem.

And sure, this isn't a 50-page thread, but the fact that your responses to both the OP and to me were on the very first day of this thread (and within hours of the OP's original post), that didn't give much opportunity for anyone else to chime in before your claim that the OP's complaint is "not the experience of 99.99% of all players".  So to me, especially in conjunction with your claim in the same sentence that "I've just straight up never experienced this things", it seemed like the attitude you were conveying was "just because I have never experienced this problem, then it's almost a forgone conclusion that practically nobody else must be having this issue either, so the problem must be YOU!"  And that is what I was taking issue with when I confronted your supposition that the majority of players weren't experiencing the OP's problem, regardless of specific percentages or numbers stated.  Which is why I also linked back to the post that made about these UI problems back in June, because this is something that I and other players have been dealing with for quite a long time now.  So again, this might not be a 50-page thread, but it is absolutely not the only thread that's come about these UI issues over the past 6 months.

But here's the bottom line, really.  I'm sorry that you took (PS4)ForesakenDemize's response as trying to start a fight (or mine, for that matter).  Because I did not read that as being ForesakenDemize's intent at all, and it wasn't mine. 

My purpose (and I assume ForesakenDemize's, as well) is to add weight to the OP's post and to bring these UI problems to DE's attention, in hopes that they will acknowledge that these frustrating bugs exist and then proceed to fix them!  That's it.  While I fervently disagree with your position that the majority of players aren't having these UI issues (as my own personal experience has been testament to), I wasn't trying to start a fight.  Starting fights doesn't accomplish much.  But continuing to bring problems and bugs we experience with the game to DE's attention--well, I certainly hope that will be fruitful.

So, on that note, (PS4)lagrue, your claim to never have run into these problems has got me wondering... why is that?  Being that we're on a console, there should not really be any variance in hardware between all the people playing Warframe on the PS4... but there might be some slight variances, as well as differences in PS4 settings and settings within Warframe itself.  So I have a few questions for you:

(1)  I'm playing on an OG PS4 (the original model released at the time of the PS4 launch at the end of 2013).   What PS4 model are you playing on (OG PS4 like me?  PS4 Slim?  PS4 Pro?)

(2)  Are you using any modified equipment (i.e. are you using the hard drive that came built-in, or have you replaced your hard drive?  For example, I replaced my stock HD with a 2TB Firecuda hybrid SSHD)

(3)  Are you using the Extended Storage feature on your PS4?  If so, is Warframe installed on the internal hard drive of your PS4, or is it installed on your extended storage?

(4)  What are your video and audio output settings configured to on your PS4 (i.e. my Video Output is set to Automatic, which has it running at 1080p with the TV that it's connected to, and the Audio Output is set to "HDMI OUT" on the Primary Output Port.)

(5) How is your network setup on your PS4?  (i.e. Wi-Fi? LAN Cable? Mine is set to LAN Cable)

(6) In the Warframe options menu, is your controller configuration set to "New Controller" or "Classic Controller"?

I'm not sure if any of these things would have any impact on the game, but clearly something is different that's causing some of us to have these problems... but since you aren't, clearly not everyone is.  But maybe something here might help DE figure out what's causing the problems for those who are experiencing them... I dunno.  In any case, I'd just like the issues to be resolved, so I can get back to playing and enjoying the game without having to fight with the bloody UI! 😛

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

4 hours ago, (PS4)Knightfyre said:

-snip just to save some space-

1. PS4 Pro
2. Not modified in any way
3. No extended storage
4. Video output is changed to 2160p because Automatic will only leave it on 1080p (it doesn't detect my 4k tv properly)... Audio output is HDMI and format is Linear PCM
5. LAN
6. Classic Controller/Custom - I have played since launch so use classic but have modified to support Operator stuff (for me Triangle is weapon swap)

On 2018-12-16 at 2:40 PM, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well you're wrong again, I definitely wasn't trying to start a "fight" (if you could even call an internet discussion a fight) 

Also I didn't read the date of this thread, I was having the same issue and when I searched for it on the forums this was the most relevant thread so I chose it. Not that the date of the thread or your reply is significant anyways 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ForesakenDemize said:

Well you're wrong again, I definitely wasn't trying to start a "fight" (if you could even call an internet discussion a fight) 

Also I didn't read the date of this thread, I was having the same issue and when I searched for it on the forums this was the most relevant thread so I chose it. Not that the date of the thread or your reply is significant anyways 

Alright mate.