Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Unpublished Dark Sector Was The Future? Sequel/spin-Off

Arlayn

What if the Unpublished version of Dark Sector was the future?

They explained it as the Tenno would end up working as mercenaries for the different factions, and it looked like the Corpus, and Grineer were originally just the population in control, but what if they may have merged due to the work the Lotus, and the Tenno did... but maybe over time something had happened to the Lotus which caused it to disband sending the Tenno out as mercenaries across the Solar System. I would imagine the events of Dark Sector being at least 100 years in the future after Lotus, and the Tenno saved the solar system possibly by killing the queens, and the current Corpus board which led to the two factions merging together with better people in charge... maybe even Lotus has taken charge of the Solar system with the grineer, and Corpus working for her, and the Tenno now out of the job do whatever they want for the time being.

Would be interesting if there was a separate game made later on called Warframe: Dark Sector that was a single player campaign version of Warframe. This time you played as Hayden Tenno as a real Tenno but in a new type of warframe that had to become the new design since the old design was impossible to build without access to the old Foundry which was taken away from them when they were disbanded.

Would also be fun if each game came with its own password that was obtained by beating the game and could be entered on the Warframe website to unlock gear, and skins for things in the game(of course this means you would desire to buy the game new in order to obtain said password), and maybe push it further with a pre-order edition unlocking stuff on Warframe as well. I know DE is deeply focused on Warframe, and sequel/Spin-Off games are far off in the future... Just would be interesting to think maybe a few years down the line DE makes a sequel/Spin-off Single player game with more focus on the player in control in that single player game and less on the entire world of players. In a way... the player can experience a whole new side of the Sol System.

Lorewise, Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, according to the Devs. Current lore states that the Grineer and Corpus appeared way after the Orokin Era ended, which was already way after Hayden Tenno died. There's really no way to have Hayden Tenno fit into the current timeline because it's literally been hundreds or thousands of years since he's lived.

Lorewise, Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, according to the Devs. Current lore states that the Grineer and Corpus appeared way after the Orokin Era ended, which was already way after Hayden Tenno died. There's really no way to have Hayden Tenno fit into the current timeline because it's literally been hundreds or thousands of years since he's lived.

Not the Hayden Tenno we know but the one from unpublished Dark Sector meaning someone else was named the same thing and exists in a similar universe to unpublished Dark Sector in the future...

Just one word, mein Freund. Cryopods.

In Dark Sector, Hayden has a suit which particularly matches Excalibur.

And in the ps4 trailer, Excalibur is released from a cryopod when Vor enters the Void...

And in the ps4 trailer, Excalibur is released from a cryopod when Vor enters the Void...

I don't think they had cryopod technology at the time of Dark Sector, non? I haven't played the game so I know little about that part of the lore.

I also thought it was impossible until I saw this.

But... how old Hayden is if he is still alive till the time of Warframe? Assuming that the events of Dark Sector happened millenniums before Warframe.

Why did I assume "millennium"? Because space travel will likely take a long time to develop, especially warping from planet sector to planet sector.

@Thread: A different game where I can get bonuses. I think it's a cool idea. It's like when

I get bored of Warframe, I can play a different Warframe game but still get those bonuses.

Edited by KasaneTeto

I don't think they had cryopod technology at the time of Dark Sector, non? I haven't played the game so I know little about that part of the lore.

There is supposed to be a location in the North Pole or South Pole not sure where, but if your there your body freezes so fast that it will perfectly freeze you in time... Also the events of Dark Sector the game occur in 2000 well somewhere in 2006 I believe. Go ahead and watch the opening it will give a date somewhere in 1980 then be all like 20 years later... which is in the 2000s... So yeah cryo tech could exists...

There is supposed to be a location in the North Pole or South Pole not sure where, but if your there your body freezes so fast that it will perfectly freeze you in time... Also the events of Dark Sector the game occur in 2000 well somewhere in 2006 I believe. Go ahead and watch the opening it will give a date somewhere in 1980 then be all like 20 years later... which is in the 2000s... So yeah cryo tech could exists...

There's therapeutic hypothermia, not cryo tech. Even then, you can only lower a patient's body temperature to 32 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit) at max, and you can't freeze a patient for extensive periods of time.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

There's therapeutic hypothermia, not cryo tech. Even then, you can only lower a patient's body temperature to 32 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit) at max, and you can't freeze a patient for extensive periods of time.

Well considering the biological weapons wandering about, they could havea  cryopod but I am talking about a completely different Hayden... meaning another person who just so happens to be named Hayden 100 years after the events of Warframe.

Well considering the biological weapons wandering about, they could havea  cryopod but I am talking about a completely different Hayden... meaning another person who just so happens to be named Hayden 100 years after the events of Warframe.

100 years after the events of Warframe? We don't even know when the Warframe era even spans.

Unless they did some dumb stroy thing guild wars had where you cna play him for one mission to get his lore.

100 years after the events of Warframe? We don't even know when the Warframe era even spans.

Possibly till their objective is complete... I don't think Lotus would have much use for the Tenno once they have achieved their mission...

Maybe The Tenno are all clones of Hayden Tenno.

If they were clones they would have the same powers... Then again it seems powers are gained from killing monsters with a single power according to published Dark Sector. However unpublished Dark Sector Hayden just has a ton of random abilities, and Trinity can fly....