Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to [DE]couple syndicate sigils and syndicate standing

Marvelous_A

It's a real trouble when you want to maintain max standing with 4 different contradicting syndicates while not being a one-trick player.

Every time I find that I cancel out Loka standing I earned with Excalibur by mistake because I forgot to change the Meridian sigil on my Loki my eyes roll to the back side and ask my brain "Why you did this". And there are 50 more frames to change with 3 appearances on each so that I don't use a random warframe and cancel out my previous effort.

Why don't just let us to choose whichever syndicate standing we want to earn in the arsenal? There is simply no reason to tie standing to sigils.

Edited by Marvelous_A

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why don't just let us to choose whichever syndicate standing we want to earn in the arsenal? There is simply no reason to tie standing to sigils.

And if we forget to change this?

I do not know how this solves the issue of “I forgot to change what syndicate I was gaining points for”. I really do not think this would make much difference to the issue you mentioned. 

I do do agree with you about changing how we get points. I do like the idea of just picking which one you get regardless of the similar equipped. I run four syndicates, my default syndicate sigil is the one that has no negative impact. Mostly because I prefer it’s appearance. This change would mean I can use the sigil I want and get the points I want.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I do not know how this solves the issue of “I forgot to change what syndicate I was gaining points for”. I really do not think this would make much difference to the issue you mentioned. 

I do do agree with you about changing how we get points. I do like the idea of just picking which one you get regardless of the similar equipped. I run four syndicates, my default syndicate sigil is the one that has no negative impact. Mostly because I prefer it’s appearance. This change would mean I can use the sigil I want and get the points I want.

The problem is you are using possibly 50 different syndicate sigils on 50 different warframes each having 3 different appearance slots. Just decouple sigil and standing so that every time you change a syndicate you do it once and for all and not going through the same procedure every time you want to use a certain warframe.

35 minutes ago, krc473 said:

TBF, changing sigils requires 4 different UI transitions (Arsenal > Appearance > Regalia > Back / Front sigil) before having to go through the list to find the right sigil. It's also not uncommon for people to want to keep their fashion frame so they hide the sigil itself, e.g. behind a syndana. Thus, they have to go through this process just to check whether a given Warframe / appearance setting is set for a given syndicate.

Compare that to weapons, which can be checked on-hover and can be swapped in two UI transitions.

The more steps and the more obscurity, the greater chance of forgetting.

41 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Just decouple sigil and standing so that every time you change a syndicate

I do not disagree with this. I can just imagine it would still be easy to use the wrong one. What if I generally use the same gear? I would still have to remember to change syndicates. [I almost always use Valkyr Prime]

• My only disagreement was that this does not solve the issue you described of: "I keep forgetting to change my sigil". You still would have to remember to change which syndicate was getting points on which frame.
  • Essentially, your idea is excellent, your reason is flawed.

I 100% agree that this should be done. And it should have been done a long time ago.

9 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

The more steps and the more obscurity, the greater chance of forgetting.

This was never argued against. Nothing you said has been argued against at all. The entire point I was making is that OP's justification does not make sense. People can still forget regardless of the system you pick. As I said above, I agree that this suggestion should be implemented.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

What if I generally use the same gear? I would still have to remember to change syndicates. [I almost always use Valkyr Prime]

I don't think the idea was to tie Syndicate choice to specific loadouts.

Just make it a global choice, maybe on the Syndicate console / screen in your Orbiter
(and let us access that screen while in Cetus / Fortuna / Relays / Dojos).

41 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Just make it a global choice, maybe on the Syndicate console / screen in your Orbiter

Well, I give up on this thread. How many times do I have to say "the concept/idea is fine" before people take the hint? [third time and counting!]

• Literally my only issue was the issue OP was trying to solve - forgetting to change syndicates. Regardless of how it is done, you can still forget. 

The exact method of how this change is applied could be up to DE. It could be through the syndicate screen, through the arsenal, etc. Who really cares? The point is still exactly the same: decouple syndicates and sigils.

Edited by krc473

22 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Well, I give up on this thread. How many times do I have to say "the concept/idea is fine" before people take the hint? [third time and counting!]

• Literally my only issue was the issue OP was trying to solve - forgetting to change syndicates. Regardless of how it is done, you can still forget. 

The exact method of how this change is applied could be up to DE. It could be through the syndicate screen, through the arsenal, etc. Who really cares? The point is still exactly the same: decouple syndicates and sigils.

I think they understand you. I understand you. What we are trying to say was decoupling sigils and standing help minimizing the cost of mistake coz even if you do forget to change the syndicate you would only make the mistake once. But under the current system you have the chance to make the same mistake for 50 times coz you're constantly changing your warframe and all of them could have different sigils. The cost of mistake will be minimized.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Plus it would free up a Sigil slot which would remove the only thing currently holding me back from saying heck it and buying the Garuda pack for the Blood Sigil. What being the fact that my Sigil realestate is 100% taken up between my Syndicate Sigil and my favorite Sigil leaving no room for other (read: blood) Sigils. 

I saw this awhile back, but I wasn't able to reply in time. You have my support.

I initially thought of suggesting that the sigils should have no longer have different values but instead always uses the highest value (you could use the first simple Loka sigil but it will now give 15% instead of 8% if you're already on Pure rank, for example). But this sugg is a far simpler application of that, easier to use too.

I'd also agree that it's best to be able to select the sigil on the syndicates screen and have their logo always appear on the liset display, so you're always aware what syndicate you're working for.

3 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Why can't the Syndicates just stop reducing our reputation with other factions?

Dunno 'bout you but I like the whole making both friends and enemies based on your choices thing,
including having Death Squads sent after you (yay free Specters), even if those Loka Ancients were a nightmare for newbie me 😛

It also gives you a reason to trade with other players, thus fueling the trading economy and stuff.

5 hours ago, MandzPH said:

sigils

On that /note, the completionist in me would like to be rewarded for collecting all Sigils of a Syndicate
by having each Sigil give a boost (+1.5%) to the Standing you earn for that Syndicate.
This should probably go hand in hand with making more Sigils available earlier, and for less Standing.