Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Tweaking

Harmon

Atlas' invulnerability while punching is great, but the early game of building up armor can be really frustrating when there aren't big groups of enemies. Once you DO get a nice armor value, you end up spending most of your gameplay time punching in order to maintain it.

It would be nice if Atlas' armor drain was less in general, but also less depending on the amount of armor he had accrued. So maybe 4 drain per second when you're up above 1000, but 0.5 when you're below 200 armor. An increase to rubble gained per kill might also help a bit; or certain enemies yielding more reward. The exact values are up to the developers, but that's the idea.

This way as Atlas we can still have fun being one punch man, but make the ramp up a lot easier and the upkeep a lot less demanding.

Lastly, Atlas seems to frequently encounter a bug in which either rubble does not drop on the death of a petrified enemy or it does and the armor value does not increase.

Atlas is my favorite warframe, but sometimes it can be frustrating to play when a decent amount of enemies cannot be found or are killed too fast by your allies. Games can also get frustrating when the host changes and Atlas loses all the armor he built up. If Atlas could petrify targets affected by things like Hydroid's tentacles and have them drop rubble, that would help a lot.

Edited by Harmon
  • Like 5

Kinda wish he built armor in stacks kinda like Nidus, the ability strength scales linearly, but the base damage isn't amazing :(
After coming out of Divinity OS2 and seeing all the geomancy, I feel like his abilities aren't so amazing.
So much time is spent chasing your tail rather than playing any objective just to keep the armor up.
Also, exalted fists when? That'd be fun... I think

On 2018-12-01 at 12:59 AM, Harmon said:

early game of building up armor can be really frustrating when there aren't big groups of enemies

He is acquired through high level content so it's very likely you have a decent selection of mods by then so survivability in low content isn't an issue for him, especially given his selection of abilities. That means the armor passive is really unnecessary when there aren't enough enemies to even be a threat in the first place.

On 2018-12-01 at 12:59 AM, Harmon said:

It would be nice if Atlas' armor drain was less in general, but also less depending on the amount of armor he had accrued. So maybe 4 drain per second when you're up above 1000, but 0.5 when you're below 200 armor.

I like the idea of a scaling drain based on how much you have accrued. That could be a nice adjustment. Personally, I build him for range so the combination of Petrify and Landslide, as well as when summoning his Golems i can pull in more rubble than I know what to do with. I suppose in the end that may all just be chalked up to a natural downside of modding a certain, suggesting he benefits greatly from +range.

• Like 2

I think it would be nice if Rubble increased your armor whether your health pool is full or not, but that works, too. Anything that makes the upkeep on it easier would be welcome. 

On 2018-12-01 at 10:48 PM, Madman_Sprinkles said:

Also, exalted fists when? That'd be fun... I think

I've seen "exalted weapon when" suggested for basically every Warframe that vaguely has some weaknesses, and I still don't understand what it's supposed to accomplish. We have weapons already, many of which (such as anything that can use Blood Rush and/or Condition Overload effectively) have much more powerful scaling than exalted weapons do, and aren't restricted to specific Warframes. 

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎04 at 2:55 AM, BlachWolf said:

Well I would like if they would increase the cap to 2.5k armor instead of 1.5k and make the drain based on dmg taken, like each dmg tick to your health removes 2 armor points.

Agreed, except I think it'd be better to do just one or the other: 1) Either raise or remove the armor cap on rubble but keep the decay rate. Or 2) Alter armor decay to be based on damage received rather than time.

That way Atlas still requires an active brawler-like playstyle but is also more effective and less tedious to manage.

• Like 1