The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why wont the bloodshed sigil work?

Block_sendo

Question

can someone please help me? 

So I spent the last few hours farmin platinum to buy the garuda collection just to get the  bloodshed sigil.  The description of the sigil reads "With this sigil damage shall leave you blood-soaked, while in Capture your Warframe stands Wreathed in the gore of its enemies. honor the maiden of death by donning her traditional garb."  I've tried wearing garudas syandana and that didn't work. I've only tried using the sigil on inaros  frosts and frost primes, I've only used slash weapons starting from the venka prime and then just sticking with a skana.  it just says "damage shall leave you blood-soaked." so I've been trying to take health damage still nothing.  I pretty much spent 565p on a sigil cause I had garuda, the alt helmet, syandana and the gun already, so i'd really like to know how to make the sigil work. been using white frames and default sigil colors.  

I really want my frames to get the garuda effect when I melee enemies cause I pretty much only melee. and this game is really gory, and when I saw garuda I hoped they'd let other frames get covered in blood too. and they let the other frames get covered in blood too but it doesn't work and now im sad cause I just wasted 565p from my perspective. 

so edit: I just put it on my original garuda, and it didn't even work on her, if the key to using it is melee that is. her ability blood effects still showed up but, not on melee and not on damage. I did not use her claw melee weapons still just a skana. 

Edited by Block_sendo

14 answers to this question

Apparently you just need to take a significant amount of damage to see much effect from the sigil. Here is a thread that talks about it. Thread link.

• You hitting stuff appears to be irrelevant. You have to take damage.

I cannot verify how it works. I have not purchased the bundle. I am going to wait until the Fortuna/OV event that gives the sigil to get it.

Edited by krc473

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Apparently you just need to take a significant amount of damage to see much effect from the sigil. Here is a thread that talks about it. Thread link.

• You hitting stuff appears to be irrelevant. You have to take damage.

I cannot verify how it works. I have not purchased the bundle. I am going to wait until the Fortuna/OV event that gives the sigil to get it.

so this was just an absolute waste of my day, my platinum and the things I sold?

2 minutes ago, Block_sendo said:

so this was just an absolute waste of my day, my platinum and the things I sold?

Possibly? That really is up to you. But it sounds like it.

1 minute ago, Michili said:

I am not entirely sure, but... Isnt that Sigil working on Garuda exclusively?

I believe the entire point in the sigil was to give the effect you get with Garuda to other frames. I mean, look at the thread I linked - it used an Excalibur.

Dear DE:

Please make the Blood Sigil work as shown in Arsenal Screen, With option to switch between Always Active and Activate on Damage, with Damage requirement SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.

Till then, thanks for making me waste my plat.

-Valley

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Like 3

Can confirm: it works on any frame, but you need to take a lot of damage to see it's effects. I personally prefer to use it on my despoil Nekros and my Inaros, since those are two frames I use for long runs that both tend to take a lot of damage and live. (I'm not saying it can't be used on other frames, I'm just saying those are two frames I use a lot).

It doesnt work because reasons. Will be fixed soon™

In all seriousness tho, its embarrassing. The item is locked behind the bundle(so its not like under 100p, which wouldnt be much of a loss) and doesnt work. You cant even know it doesnt work before you buy it, since it works perfectly fine in arsenal preview. Only excuse for DE i can see is that they just cant isolate the bug to fix it, otherwise its really embarrassing.

Edited by Sormaran

25 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

In all seriousness tho, its embarrassing. The item is locked behind the bundle and doesnt work.

It does work, as mentioned in my previous reply:

1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Can confirm: it works on any frame, but you need to take a lot of damage to see it's effects. I personally prefer to use it on my despoil Nekros and my Inaros, since those are two frames I use for long runs that both tend to take a lot of damage and live. (I'm not saying it can't be used on other frames, I'm just saying those are two frames I use a lot).

As for it being locked in the bundle, yes, it's locked in the bundle for now. DE did state that it will also become available for free in "a future event" (no further details given).

7 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

It does work,

Well im not sure its the sigil at all. Dont believe me? For quick test take Garuda(remove sigil if you have it) and press 3 twice. Ta-daa you have "sigil" now.... Nah its not a sigil, its just blood fx on your frame, nothing more. I only know about garuda cuz with her it comes naturally and easy to notice, so unless it doesnt work with other frames and its only her thing, then sigil doesnt work.

7 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

As for it being locked in the bundle, yes, it's locked in the bundle for now. DE did state that it will also become available for free in "a future event" (no further details given).

Its not about it being locked behind the bundle, but ok, i guess i didnt make it clear. Its about high price of the bundle if you only want that sigil and cant wait and what next? It doesnt work.

Edited by Sormaran