Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about making Garuda as bloody as in the first preview?

Kaldo

Her #1 never lifts up and rips enemies in half any more, they kinda just ragdoll at your feet and die. Blood fountain isn't nearly as bloody as in the first livestream preview, doesn't have the "arterial" blood spray, it went from big floating blood clots to some red energy lines with little red particles. #4 went from a meatgrinder to some shadowbolts that cover your screen so you don't even see the impact really.

She doesn't get bloody as she kills the enemies, just when she damages herself and it's not really as noticeable as I hoped it'd be.

Warframe is a 18+ game. There should be some blood and gore, especially for a gore oriented frame that promised just that. I mean just look at the max solaris united rank twist, it's not like DE usually sacrifices the themes or art so it stays children friendly or something like that (assuming that some visual viscera would harm them). I don't see why they did the same to Garuda.

Edited by Kaldo

19 minutes ago, Kaldo said:

Warframe is a 18+ game

ESRB actually says it is a 17+ game (not that it makes much difference, but for the sake of being correct). I would suggest you change "Her" in the title to frame you are talking about. 

Overall, I was expecting far more gore with Garuda than we got. She seems more like a "pounce frame" than a gore frame. As it stands, Garuda really is no more "gore orientated" than any other frame.

• I guess when you consider that WF's 'gore' is about equivalent to 'red paint' we were expecting too much. I do not believe there is any real gore in the game currently.
Edited by krc473

Well it's a garuda feedback section so I thought it's clear. And on steam it says PEGI18 for violence, online gameplay, dunno which is the real one.

As for no real gore in the game... Slashing damage does cut enemies in half, with their insides kinda visible. Stalker does carry a decapitated Loki's head in the cinematic for Second Dream. And doesn't Alad V cut off all the limbs of a captured warframe at one point, Mag IIRC?

My point is, it wouldn't be unprecedented to have such elements in Warframe. I don't know if removing it from Garuda is intentional artistic choice, performance issue, maybe just an oversight or something else.

13 minutes ago, Kaldo said:

As for no real gore in the game... Slashing damage does cut enemies in half, with their insides kinda visible. Stalker does carry a decapitated Loki's head in the cinematic for Second Dream. And doesn't Alad V cut off all the limbs of a captured warframe at one point, Mag IIRC?

Apparently I consider "gore" to be something different to what you do. At best, I would consider these things "cartoon violence", I do not consider them gore. It just lacks the violence and graphic nature I associate with gore. [I am completely happy to accept what I consider gore is not what people generally perceive it to be. That does not change my opinion though.]

Well it's a garuda feedback section so I thought it's clear.

Not everyone reads the section. Its best to be specific in the title so people can easily tell. But really, its up to you.

And on steam it says PEGI18 for violence, online gameplay, dunno which is the real one.

PEGI and ESRB are different systems. Both are correct, it just depends what you want to use. Here is a link if you want to look at one. Basically, ESRB is American, PEGI is European.

My point is, it wouldn't be unprecedented to have such elements in Warframe.

I agree with you. There needs to be a more gore with Garuda. 

Edited by krc473

On 2018-12-01 at 8:27 AM, krc473 said:

I agree with you. There needs to be a more gore with Garuda. 

I think you all tend to forget those demos run on developer class computers with tons of resources over what you have at home.

Im pretty they could add more gore and then everyone would complain about a frame drop.

On 2018-12-03 at 11:30 PM, Dabnician said:

I think you all tend to forget those demos run on developer class computers with tons of resources over what you have at home.

Im pretty they could add more gore and then everyone would complain about a frame drop.

thats no excuse. 

50 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

thats no excuse. 

be that as it may, im pretty sure the reason for having less gore doesn't have anything to do with game rating. We already have blood sprays and dismemberment which i believe the only way we could get a higher rating is if the game was made like ManHunt and we were killing npcs +torturing them.

but even then grineer have been cloned for so long their appearance is barely considered human that i believe that wouldn't get looked at too hard.

from previews to release the devs tend to turn down the special effects when everyone is doing it.