Please allow lures to be linked directly into the gearwheel again

RS219

I want to focus on catching one specific animal at a time, so I used to put the lure directly into the gearwheel so I didn't have to equip the tranq-rifle (shows ALL animal droppings) just to then select the respective lure (only shows droppings of the animal I want to hunt). With a push of a button (F8) I can straightaway see the call points of one specific animal.

This latest patch removed the ability to add lures to the gearwheel. Now I get this message whenever I try to put a lure directly into the gearwheel:

"This item will be automatically available from the Gear Menu when appropriate."

It's not a game breaking bug but can this please be reversed? I'd rather go back to being able to select a lure directly instead of having to hop one extra step through the tranq rifle.

Having to go into a submenu at least 2 times PER ANIMAL (once to find the spot on the map and then again once you get to the call point) is very annoying. The submenu for fishing is less awful, because you tend to use the same spear for a long time without changing locations, but hunting is always changing locations, changing in and out of the hunting items over and over.

You know what would help solve this? Instead of a bunch of spears, and a bunch of lures...just have 1. Instead of gimmicking everything up for no good reason, just have all fish get shanked by the same spear, and have the the future super tech animal call box be able to call any animal you are standing at the call point for.

That would be great. Watched one of Brozime's videos on hunting where he equipped the lure directly from the gear wheel, but when trying it I get that message

"This item will be automatically available from the Gear Menu when appropriate."

Would love to have that feature back.

Agreed, the UI for conservation didn't work smoothly at best, and this change just made it worse.

The steps I follow for hunting are there:

1. Find poop on the map. I want a particular animal, either because I want maximum standing or because I'm hunting for that one rare floof. For this I need the lure equipped.
  2. Fly to the poop on archwing.
  3. Follow the trail. For this I want my primary weapon equipped to clear any corpus.
  4. Lure the animal. Lure equipped obviously.
  5. Tranq the animal. I either want the tranq rifle equipped or my primary weapon so I can use warframe abilities.
  6. Loop back to step 1.

At no point in this process do I want to go from primary weapon to tranq rifle, so having that be the only option is rather annoying. Let me put one or more lures in my gear wheel and choose them directly from there. The UI still strikes me as awkward and overly modal, but some of that relates to general problems with the gear wheel itself.

A separate thing that is annoying happens when going from step 1 to 2. When I equip archwing while a non-standard item is equipped (lure, mining laser, etc) the game switches to my secondary weapon rather than primary. Ideally this would do the same thing as un-equipping the lure would. Actually, being able to use the mining laser while in archwing would be nice.

Edited by Llamatronian

I'd be in favour of any and all fishing/conservation items being able to go on the gearwheel if we want them there, especially now the wheel has been extended. 

I'm also of the opinion that the tranq rifle should appear in the fishing spear wheel so that people who want to cut down on used space don't have to equip both, just having the rifle or a spear should be enough to switch to that UI and then hold 1 to select the correct item.  Maybe even stick mining lasers in that first list too.

PS: if it hasn't been patched out yet you can equip a mining laser in archwing if you have them hotkeyed and are quick enough.  Starting with a weapon equipped switch to archwing and during the animation hit your mining laser hotkey to end up flying with a mining laser.

It really does raise an issue here. What the ever living pootis was the reason for the 'infinite' gear wheel. When we can't even have all the lures like before? I now have to equip the tranq, pick a lure and pray to god I don't break my prowl. At the very least if DE insists we keep this feature. I ask we be allowed to hotkey lure selection instead of having to pick tranq, hold button 2, pick lure

-edit-

Oh and fun little issue to compound this. While DE did allow us to save the last lure used when swapping back and forth from the tranq rifle and normal weapons. Visually the lure is what you used last, however doing so reveals 'all' conservation nodes. Pay close attention to the footprints when hot swapping otherwise you'll be using the wrong calls despite what your last used call was.

-edit 2-

Make sure to tap 2 in order to set the lure back to it's selected choice. So that problem doesn't happen to you.

Edited by Nanakisan