Jump to content

I did my part fellow gamers.


eXotic
 Share

Recommended Posts

cFWimT9.jpg

EDIT: the picture wouldn't show up, i essentially got suspended from in game chat and other stuff for saying 'Nezha is a trap'

 

Sarcasm aside, why is this worthy of a suspension exactly? Has our community degraded this much to the point where you get a suspension for somethign this trivial?..
Who is offended by this? and if they are, they should not have access to the internet.

Also, would you mind explaining to me WHY this warrants a suspension?
exactly how is this rude/offensive to anyone?

Edited by eXotic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eXotic said:

I got suspended for saying nezha is a trap haha

EDIT: i can see it from my side..

That's been a thing for a long time, there have been dozens of threads about it.

It's a kick phrase because it's offensive, rude, and has no place in the game.  

And I can't see the image either.  Which, may be a good thing.

Edited by MagPrime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MagPrime said:

That's been a thing for a long time, there have been dozens of threads about it.

It's a kick word because it's offensive, rude, and has no place in the game.  

How is it offensive, rude and has no place in the game? explain please, i'm trying to understand what the big deal is, not really trying to start a riot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, YandereWaifu said:

he is doe, a male who looks quite feminine and youthful though -the cross dressing, always wondered what was wrong with saying it

Uhg, good grief.

A trap is a male who presents in a feminine manner with the specific intent of tricking a heterosexual into sexual acts.  You cannot honestly say that an inanimate digital item has this intention. 

And cross dressing, really?  What part of the Warframes design is female only?  

Just now, eXotic said:

How is it offensive, rude and has no place in the game? explain please, i'm trying to understand what the big deal is, not really trying to start a riot.

 

See the above for the offensive and rude part, and it doesn't belong in the game because of the previous offensive and rude bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Uhg, good grief.

A trap is a male who presents in a feminine manner with the specific intent of tricking a heterosexual into sexual acts.  You cannot honestly say that an inanimate digital item has this intention. 

And cross dressing, really?  What part of the Warframes design is female only?  

See the above for the offensive and rude part, and it doesn't belong in the game because of the previous offensive and rude bit.

If we're going by your logic, my response would go something like this..

Offensive to who exactly? why are you getting offended instead of an 'inanimate digital item'?

Who gives YOU the right to feel offended for someone else, let alone pixels..

I MAY understand your concern IF this was directed towards an actual person who does not want to be the target of such 'jokes'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eXotic said:

If we're going by your logic, my response would go something like this..

Offensive to who exactly? why are you getting offended instead of an 'inanimate digital item'?

Who gives YOU the right to feel offended for someone else, let alone pixels..

I MAY understand your concern IF this was directed towards an actual person who does not want to be the target of such 'jokes'.

It's offensive to members of the LGBTQI community, it's offensive to DE, and it doesn't matter if it's a digital item as it's the intent behind the joke.  

Replace "Nezha is a trap" with any other kind of joke that targets ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, is it still ok when aimed at a character? No, it's not.  So why doesn't that still apply in this situation?

Because it isn't offensive to you, personally?  

Edited by MagPrime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its like saying, "hey, that cat is fat and because that cat is fat, it's ugly."  Obviously a human is not a cat, however, someone might take offense to that because it's stating that all things fat are ugly.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trap

And since a ___ is used in, "t*** are g**" it is also offending those who are g**.  In this instance, since Nezha is a boy who is feminine, calling Nezha a t*** is disrespectful and rude because it is harmful to someone who is a boy or a girl in real life that cross-dresses or everything else that encompasses the LGBTQI community since its a lot more than just LGBT now.  Of course, there's a bit more on the morality of the issue as well as ethics but I hope it's enough for you to understand where this is going.

Edited by Dopekoke
LGBTQI, I didn't know it has expanded.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the point where you say "Ah, I understand what it means now, why someone might find it offensive and why it is inappropriate to say it in chat."

Anything you say that suggests you have not learned your lesson can and will be used to extend your chat ban or have it escalated to a game ban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

It's offensive to members of the LGBTQI community, it's offensive to DE, and it doesn't matter if it's a digital item as it's the intent behind the joke.  

Replace "Nezha is a trap" with any other kind of joke that targets ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, is it still ok when aimed at a character? No, it's not.  So why doesn't the still apply in this situation?

Because it isn't offensive to you, personally?  

You're being offended for someone else.. you can't say how someone else feels on this topic.

True, it would be an inexcusable offense if it was aimed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS and was actually an ethnic/religious or sexual oriantation based mockery, but it's not, you're getting offended for the sake of being offended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

This is the point where you say "Ah, I understand what it means now, why someone might find it offensive and why it is inappropriate to say it in chat."

Anything you say that suggests you have not learned your lesson can and will be used to extend your chat ban or have it escalated to a game ban.

Because you can learn SO MUCH from an automated random chat ban that says rude behaviour...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, eXotic said:

You're being offended for someone else.. you can't say how someone else feels on this topic.

True, it would be an inexcusable offense if it was aimed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS and was actually an ethnic/religious or sexual oriantation based mockery, but it's not, you're getting offended for the sake of being offended.

Ha!  Cute.  

Actually, I can say how it effects someone when the slur trap is aimed at them.  The tamest example would be my friend who had it thrown at them while grocery shopping, to the most extreme where a friend was called an effing trap while they were being raped.  

And let's not forget that people have accused me of being a trap because my nephews were too young to understand the aunt/uncle difference and used the wrong one in public.

So, yeah, I find that term offensive. I find your lack of empathy incredibly disturbing and I honestly hope @[DE]Glen still enjoys handing out extended bans for players like you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eXotic said:

You're being offended for someone else.. you can't say how someone else feels on this topic.

True, it would be an inexcusable offense if it was aimed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS and was actually an ethnic/religious or sexual oriantation based mockery, but it's not, you're getting offended for the sake of being offended.

Sure, you take that logic and apply it to something else.

I want you to paint a character in Dark Souls pure black and make a joke about how you're a word beginning with "N". By your logic, that should be absolutely acceptable. You're offending a character in a game.

Go on, try it. I dare you. See the reaction you get. 

Edited by DeMonkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, eXotic said:

You're being offended for someone else.. you can't say how someone else feels on this topic.

True, it would be an inexcusable offense if it was aimed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS and was actually an ethnic/religious or sexual oriantation based mockery, but it's not, you're getting offended for the sake of being offended.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/bullied-oklahoma-boy-7-adopts-rescue-cat-with-same-rare-eye-condition-and-cleft-lip

Counter-argument.

"Wow that cat is so ugly to have two different eye colors and a cleft lip, its not a human so its okay for me to say that."

It doesn't make it right just because it's not aimed towards humans.  If you are still struggling with this moral/ethical issue, then I am sorry that we cannot help you to understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, you learn what words and phrases will get you banned from chat.  

Pretty educational.

Right to who exactly?
There is no definitive proof that certain phrases are bad, or of it being offensive.

That's not a nation/global education.
That's what a mere company believes in.

 

Edited by FlamingCore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...