Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: What Are Your Average Fps/specs/video Settings?

Zakalwe

Could you please list your system specs and video settings.

How is your fps in:

1. High Wave Defense

2. Mobile defense

3. Void

-

I'd love to read what everyone is getting, my results are extremely inconsistent so far.

Cheers!

Edited by Zakalwe

athlon II x4 651k 3.5 ghz, hd6750 820/1300

10-30 fps in these situations, 40+ on capture, raid and boss maps

i would have higher fps if the bloody game would make use of multi-cores.. and by multi core i mean more than 2 cores, i've said it before too.. i get higher fps on crysis 3 high settings than on warframe low settings in void, HEAVY cpu bottleneck, actually there're no settings that affect the cpu performance

Edit: These results are not by eye, i've used msi afterburner to monitor my fps

Edited by Hatr

athlon II x4 651k 3.5 ghz, hd6750

10-30 fps in these situations, 40+ on capture, raid and boss maps

i would have higher fps if the bloody game would make use of multi-cores.. and by multi core i mean more than 2 cores, i've said it before too.. i get higher fps on crysis 3 high settings than on warframe low settings in void, HEAVY cpu bottleneck, actually there're no settings that affect the cpu performance

Edit: There results are not by eye, i've used msi afterburner to monitor my fps

The hell? I can run just about every situation on my 2.0 GHz quad core. When I overclock to 3.0 GHz, the FPS doesn't improve, and the CPU's temperature alarm never goes off (whereas Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft will set that thing on fire even without overclocking).

There are settings that make very heavy use of CPU, though. We call them "shadows". If your CPU is bottlenecking you at 3.5 GHz, you're likely setting Shadow Detail too high.

The hell? I can run just about every situation on my 2.0 GHz quad core. When I overclock to 3.0 GHz, the FPS doesn't improve, and the CPU's temperature alarm never goes off (whereas Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft will set that thing on fire even without overclocking).

There are settings that make very heavy use of CPU, though. We call them "shadows". If your CPU is bottlenecking you at 3.5 GHz, you're likely setting Shadow Detail too high.

the shadows in this game are rendered by the GPU, perhaps you don't mind having low fps, slap a monitor program and host a t3 ext with 4 players and tell me your results, also cpu frequency has no relevance, the architecture of the cpu is important... if you want people to help you, telling them the name of your CPU helps a lot, i've mentioned my cpu's frequency because the stock is 3 ghz

Edited by Hatr

Only ever see it when I'm running Fraps. In those cases regular gameplay and high wave I sit at 30, unless there is some sort of cheese. Void bout 25, and mobile defense I usually sit at 20. 

I turn all the fancy graphics stuff off because it makes my screen less cluttered and I prefer it that way. 

Plus lots of Novas run white energy, which basically blinds you.

Also this is on a laptop too =P

the shadows in this game are rendered by the GPU, perhaps you don't mind having low fps, slap a monitor program and host a t3 ext with 4 players and tell me your results, also cpu frequency has no relevance, the architecture of the cpu is important... if you want people to help you, telling them the name of your CPU helps a lot, i've mentioned my cpu's frequency because the stock is 3 ghz

Oh, the shadows are GPU-rendered? That's news to me. Shaders have always been GPU-based in every game that I've played, but never shadows themselves.

And I don't see what my preferences for FPS have to do with this.

By the way, 2.0 GHz Intel i7 2630QM Sandy Bridge processor for laptops. Known for its notorious overheating issues.

Bottlenecked by NVIDIA GeForce GT 540m on lowest settings.

Edited by SortaRandom

Oh, the shadows are GPU-rendered? That's news to me. Shaders have always been GPU-based in every game that I've played, but never shadows themselves.

And I don't see what my preferences for FPS have to do with this.

By the way, 2.0 GHz Intel i7 2630QM Sandy Bridge processor for laptops. Known for its notorious overheating issues.

Bottlenecked by NVIDIA GeForce GT 540m on lowest settings.

... i don't see how would you oc a laptop cpu by 50% but whatever.. that cpu is more than enough, it has good performance per core.. you can't compare it to my cpu even if it a laptop one.. if that's your true laptop you probably payed 1200$ for it, not all the game engines are the same, source engine has shadows rendered by the cpu, evolution engine has shadows rendered by the gpu, even the old gta 4 has shadows rendered by the gpu

55-60 for everything

AM3+ FX 4300 @ 4.0 GHz o.c.

660 TI 2 GB

8 GB ram (Forgot model and make)

the performance per core difference is approx 30% betwen our cpus, i don't see how do you get 55+ fps on high wave defense and void 

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/187/AMD_Athlon_II_X4_640_vs_AMD_FX-Series_FX-4300.html

I don't have any problems if you give fake information, but if you do that... DE won't give a damn about performance.. many things are messed up, some people make it sound all right

Edited by Hatr