Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a mission type better for farming resources than others?

gl9k

Question

Hello, I am attempting farm plastids (I need a lot of them) and was wondering if some mission types are better for farming stuff like that then other mission types (for example exterminate might be better than defense). Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

The more enemies the more loot (even more with Nekros and Pilfdroid) so you want a Survival preferrably. I'd recommend Ophelia on Uranus. Assur should be ok as well.

If you don't have access to Uranus yet but possess Limbo I'd suggest high Range and smash all crates on a Saturn EXT and repeat

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

The more enemies the more loot (even more with Nekros and Pilfdroid) so you want a Survival preferrably. I'd recommend Ophelia on Uranus. Assur should be ok as well.

If you don't have access to Uranus yet but possess Limbo I'd suggest high Range and smash all crates on a Saturn EXT and repeat

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

So do resources drop from enemies as well or does the presence of enemies cause more resource things to spawn on the tiles? (just so I know whether I should just focus on enemies or try and run around looking for plastid spots).

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Enemies typically, killing them gives a chance at a resource drop, ammo, or even mods/endo from that enemy type's drop table so Survivals are often ideal for resource gathering. Breakables like containers of various kinds can also be useful to search if you have spare type when doing non-defense and interception missions. Some warframes, with abilities or augments for abilities are also quite useful when trying to gather resources;  particularly Nekros.

For starchart resources, the typical way to get them depends on the resource.

Mainly for the rare resource (neurodes, orokin cells, etc):

1. Do boss runs on the planet the resource drops.
  2. Do quick missions and look for resource containers (using the Thief's Wit, Loot Detector, Animal Instinct mods and an AoE weapon or frame ability that can destroy containers).

Mainly for the common/uncommon resources (polymer bundles, plastids, etc):

1. Do endless missions in a team of four with a Nekros and a Hydroid (using Pilfering Swarm), killing as many enemies as fast as possible.

If you're solo the quick missions are most efficient (possibly even for common/uncommon resources), and the endless missions aren't all that efficient unless you're in a farming team.

5 hours ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

Hello, I am attempting farm plastids (I need a lot of them) and was wondering if some mission types are better for farming stuff like that then other mission types (for example exterminate might be better than defense). Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

the best place is ophelia on uranus if i remember well