Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cant spell fortuna without "Overexposure"

iHaku

I'm not exactly certain if this is simply a bug or intended, but after doing a bounty stage in a cave (or simply going there for fishing etc) going outside leaves your view overexposed for almost a minute almost unable to really see anything. using the booster literally blinds the player during that time.

This happens 100% of the time and is easily replicable for me. If this is indeed intended, change this please. it makes orb vallis play a lot worse then needed, visually.

onLTypg.png

and yes, this is an actual screenshot from the game. Not tampered with in any way.

10 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Never had that problem... maybe turn off Legacy Color Palettes and/or Color Correction.

it'd be really dissapointing that in order to make about a minute of gameplay on one specific map playable i'd have to make the entire rest of the game look worse. and i sure cant be asked to change my graphical settings everytime i leave a cave.

that's definitely not normal. it's something to do with your Settings. judging by the momentary performance, and Resolution/HUD size, i have a feeling it's to do with some settings you have turned off(or set as low as possible).

what in particular is the problem i can't say immediately, but i can assure you that Venus does not normally do that.
here, you can see me in a cave, and then what it looks like leaving that cave, and jumping into Skywing. but a couple seconds has passed, not minutes. there is no whiteout such as you describe at all here.

Spoiler

L2RLAhX.png

b3UfyZk.png

so i can't say what settings are causing the issue, but one(some) certainly are. some may not even be a problem performance wise for you, but are disabled in a wide sweeping manner seeking performance.

36 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

maybe turn off Legacy Color Palettes

FYI, that setting is a double farce:

• it only controls the Colors you see when customizing the appearance of your Equipment.
  • the setting isn't a global adjustment, it's basically a tab switch to Palattes style A or B. the Setting REALLY should be on the appearance menu because both types of Colors exist, and you can Equip them simultaneously on your Equipment.

i don't blame others for knowing this as i didn't for a long time (only happened to walk into a situation of learning about it by accident, i don't really Cosmetic much so i would have never tripped on this myself) and it's extremely convoluted and ridiculous for no particular reason (something familiar for Warframe Players, heh).

11 hours ago, iHaku said:

it'd be really dissapointing that in order to make about a minute of gameplay on one specific map playable i'd have to make the entire rest of the game look worse. and i sure cant be asked to change my graphical settings everytime i leave a cave.

Worse?

LOL tell me it looks worse than yours ...

Hi there

There was a thread about this exact problem a few weeks ago that had a dev response.

This one here --> 

After doing some extensive tweaking I still can't get my over all graphics to look as good as they used to, as I wrote in one of my replies in the thread above, it would be great if just hitting reset to defaults provided a really nice balance of visuals, not too light, dark or saturated.

On a side note, and I sorry to derail the thread slightly, may I ask why so many linked images have gone wonky recently? Does anyone know?