Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Slots & Forma

(PSN)reignsblade

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

no, i see no benefit to resetting the rank after applying forma

It's a cost and a temporary hindrance. Even without a booster, it takes 20 minutes to relevel something and higher MRs remove a lot of the hindrance.

You can't just take a new weapon and immediately throw 8 Forma on it.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

no, i see no benefit to resetting the rank after applying forma

to make you play longer and not finish everything in one day. there is a benefit, it's not for us though.....it is if you like to actually play the game though and see your weapon get stronger 

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

@peterc3 @GinKenshin your comments, as true as they might be, does not convince me to see the rank reset of my aresenal by applying forma as a benefit.

It's literally NOT a benefit, it's a tradeoff. Want more capacity on the weapon? You have to relevel it. Otherwise it'd take 0 work and be completely free, which takes meaning out of the end result.

8 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Otherwise it'd take 0 work and be completely free, which takes meaning out of the end result.

0 work!  i already leveled the item, i already grinded for hours to obtain the materialsto craft the item, and i waited for hours for the item to craft then there is all the effort i did to farm and build forma, you know the relics, events, etc. unless of course you paid plat, to skip all that but that takes meaning out of everything.

i get that it is a trade off but it does not mean i have to like it. As i said if i were to have one change to forma at the moment it would be no more releveling after applying forma.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

0 work!  i already leveled the item, i already grinded for hours to obtain the materialsto craft the item, and i waited for hours for the item to craft then there is all the effort i did to farm and build forma, you know the relics, events, etc. unless of course you paid plat, to skip all that but that takes meaning out of everything.

i get that it is a trade off but it does not mean i have to like it. As i said if i were to have one change to forma at the moment it would be no more releveling after applying forma.

Yes, 0 work. Yes, you already worked to achieve the item (maybe, depends on if you payed for it or not). But you've already gotten it, which means you've already had that work pay off. Polarities are another rewarding mechanic that should take work to achieve.

No, you don't have to like it. That doesn't mean it's not good. Nobody likes working for money. We still do it, partly because we need to, partly because we like money. Suffering for payoff is how we function, it's basic psychology. The reward just needs to be worth it, and as it stands, polarities are worth it.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

What if some of us like it though? 

I don't mind the grind, and it's not like it's particularly hard to get materials, or play something to max or have a bunch of stuff queued. Sure if you do casual play, it can take time, but DE has clearly shown they don't want the playerbase to max out something immediately. 

Only way I see them going with your proposal is if forma became a super rare / expensive item. Then we'd have complaints about that. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

i get that it is a trade off but it does not mean i have to like it.

I get that you don't like it, but that does not mean it needs to be changed.

Formas are worth it. you can end up putting better mods on your weapons and making them a lot stronger, and levelling a weapon is not hard work at all. you can level it faster by having less equipment overall, as Affinity is divided between each item; e.g. if you're trying to level a Latron, take the Latron and a melee, but don't take any secondary weapon: some of the affinity that would have gone to your secondary will go to the Latron instead. this works with every weapon, I only say Latron as an example.

I do this all the time, in fact I rarely take a full complement of weapons anymore. there's also places where you can power-level things if all else fails. levelling is not hard, and not time-consuming either if you know what to do.

23 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Polarities are another rewarding mechanic that should take work to achieve.

Adding polarities was the reason i grinded for forma in the first place with the trade off being i either use for forma for a new weapon or make an exisiting one more powerful.

22 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Only way I see them going with your proposal is if forma became a super rare / expensive item.

i do not believe that should be necessary but ok with having forma be a rarer item, so long as its tradable too.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I get that you don't like it, but that does not mean it needs to be changed.

Formas are worth it. you can end up putting b?etter mods on your weapons and making them a lot stronger, and levelling a weapon is not hard work at all. you can level it faster by having less equipment overall, as Affinity is divided between each item; e.g. if you're trying to level a Latron, take the Latron and a melee, but don't take any secondary weapon: some of the affinity that would have gone to your secondary will go to the Latron instead. this works with every weapon, I only say Latron as an example.

I do this all the time, in fact I rarely take a full complement of weapons anymore. there's also places where you can power-level things if all else fails. levelling is not hard, and not time-consuming either if you know what to do.

i do use this trick before it was 4 cycles of draco that leveled up my weapons quickly, now its approx 20 minutes of Kuva survival, and it is these little twinking exploits that i feel undermines the purpose to rank resetting.