Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont force me to host, please.

Kriegie

So, I have been playing Warframe for a while and one thing that has always annoyed me is being forced to host. At the very least in the past, the missions were always on small tilesets and if a few people lagged it was only for about 4-5 minutes and BOOM! mission done. People didn't really mind so much if a host lagged. Now, with PoE and various other end-game /high level missions being here, lagging is a big deal. 

Want to do an endless exc for them sweet prime lewts? host lagging? EXTRACT!
Want to do an endless survival for them sweet prime lewts? host lagging? LEAVE AT START!
Want to ESO? have fun getting randomly oneshot.
Want to do tridolon but host is lagging? yeah no thats not happening.

I care enough about my fellow players to leave immediately if I see I'm the first one in (which means I'm the host) because I know they wont enjoy playing with me as the host. If im not the host, I play fine. I live in South-Africa, the furthest point of EU and America you could get, apart from maybe Australia. the best ping anyone could possibly have, and this is with me having the best internet in my country (and I dont), is 180-200. 180-200 ping is already like 1.4-2 sec delay and is absolutely annoying in eidolon hunts (because ping matters in swapping to operator) and damage taken doesn't reduce health gradually and allow you time to evade it, it simply oneshots you. In the most extreme cases for ex, you swap to operator, and becaue you are lagging you enter the operator mode, but your frame isnt immune to dmg yet, causing it to die (and you to go back to it). But when you are back inside and get ressed, you cant use any abilities or any items on the gear wheel. you must either die or jump into water/go out of bounds to get the game to reset you and allow you to be of any use again.

And since i try my best NOT to host, i instantly just leave any mission/reque when i dont find a party, and this sucks.
i sometimes need to reque like 6-7 times to find a party where im not the host, and this often takes longer than the actual mission. 
PoE is even worse when it comes to this, because i must either exit to cetus via the menu and fast travel, talk to konzu for bounties/eidolon hunts to restart the bounty/hunt or parkour out, parkour in and wait for it to load me back to cetus and redo the whole talk to konzu thing just to see I'm the host AGAIN and forced to redo it all.. Night cycle lasts like 40 mins (if you are there are the start) and it takes me like 5 minutes to find a party and NOT be the host, if its that fast.

Can any mod or someone with the power to let me know PLEASE tell me if we can have the option to host, and if we can't, let me know why?

Edited by Hitmanx2x

7 minutes ago, Hitmanx2x said:

And since i try my best NOT to host, i instantly just leave any mission/reque when i dont find a party, and this sucks.
i sometimes need to reque like 6-7 times to find a party where im not the host, and this often takes longer than the actual mission. 

Have you tried just using the Recruiting Chat in game? Lots of people are in there wanting to host stuff, or looking for stuff.

• This would solve your issue for alerts, eidolon hunts etc.
  • If you want to just do random star chart missions, this may not help.

For relatively easy missions, you can always just not play on public.

7 minutes ago, Hitmanx2x said:

Can any mod or someone with the power to let me know PLEASE tell me if we can have this option, and if we can't, let me know why?

Why would mods know? (they do not exactly work for DE) What you want is a response from a DE staff member.

I should also add: I do think this option should be added. Many people like to play on public but do not have the best connection. This would be a beneficial change for many people.

Edited by krc473