Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy regeneration

TimePeon

Question

Hi all, I'm having trouble with energy.  It seems when I get into a map where I may need to use abilities multiple times in a short time span I run out of energy.  I pushed through the war within faster than I probably should have because I thought maybe having my operator out of my frame might regenerate.  I chose the energy path from the quest before and have the energy orbs give 25% more energy but it doesn't really help.  I still have a lot of Pluto and some Neptune left undone, but I have completed everything else up to them, if it matters.

For instance, if I use rhino, on a difficult map I will have enough energy to keep his skin up, but if I try to use stomp once or twice I wont be able to keep skin up.  This isn't such an issue with rhino as keeping his skin up is usually enough to get through maps, but it makes it nearly impossible for me to use any other frame.  For instance, I cant get nova through maps easily beaten with rhino since I cant keep using her abilities without energy.

This is sort of a generic example, but essentially I'm limited to using rhino and frost while I play as unless I'm doing lower level maps since I cant use frames which rely on their abilities since I cant keep energy up.  Even while using frost, my limitations on higher level defense missions is how many globes I can use without running out of energy.

I have max intensify and streamline and even with them and using the energy siphon aura I still cant stomp more than once.  Id like to use other frames, but if I take them on harder (harder for me) maps I just end up dying when I run out of energy and cant use their abilities.

I have 88 hours in, so I know there is a lot to go, but I wonder if this is just how it is until I reach a certain point, and if it is, what point should I be heading for.

Am I doing it wrong or is this normal?

Is there someway to regenerate energy I don't know about?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Try and get focus for Zenurik (energy school, which you have already started) and get the Energizing dash. When you void dash a bubble will appear that gives energy regen in it and a bonus energy regen buff when you leave it. It'll take a while to get but is a worth while investment.

Usually I solve my energy problems with the use of Energy Siphon, Zenurik and occasionally my Supra Vandal with the Cephalon Suda Augment.

Also depending upon the abilities of your warframe (or at least the abilities you wish to focus on), having both high Efficiency and high Duration can reduce how energy hungry your abilities are.

Both Rage and the Hunter set mod that does the same thing (I can't remember what its called) can convert some of the damage you take into energy as well.

Of course if you have a lot of plat you could also buy a full set of Arcane Energize, but personally I don't feel it is all that necessary.

Dethcube could help, his new Energy Generator Precept (from Simaris) is pretty dang great (and also helps the Squad).

Also, look into Ironclad Charge (and Iron Shrapnel) to up your Iron Skin game,
casting it once after a Charge through an enemy group can suffice for the whole mission even at higher levels.

12 hours ago, TimePeon said:

I have 88 hours in, so I know there is a lot to go, but I wonder if this is just how it is until I reach a certain point

Am I doing it wrong or is this normal?

88 hours is still squarely in newbie territory for sure.  There is not much of a real defined path in warframe but your overall goal in the beginning is acquiring mods and getting the essential mods max ranked.  That is ultimately what makes you more powerful regardless of what warframe or weapons you choose to use. 

More than anything it sounds like the game mechanics in the form of energy restrictions are trying to tell you that you are playing content harder than you can handle.  You solve that problem by playing easier content.  Remember too that you are playing a grind / farm game.  It is way more useful for example to play a 20 minute survival on Ceres than it is to struggle to do 5 minutes of survival on Sedna.  You'll get far more out of the longer mission that starts easier and becomes harder the longer you play.