What Veterans should do when you're bored.

WhiteWingCat

Let's say for example, you got all warframe, weapons, companions, sentinel and including primes. Basically you have achieved everything and even reached MR20+ above. You have nothing else to do left. This forum you're reading now are based on my opinion of how veterans can find a way to play warframe without having nothing to do or bored. And disclaimer, i know some of my opinion are not compatible to most players. But if you have any feedback to support veterans of what else we can do other than the given information below, please do so. 

Besides, i must admire to those that are able to play Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis just fine. Even if you're barely able to play it. And to me, i can't play Open World due to my old laptop. I have tried everything to fix my laptop and it still doesn't work. Normally if its anyone else, they would've just stopped playing Warframe because of it or so i thought. But instead, i have my own ways to make myself enjoyable playing Warframe even if i can't go to Open World. And maybe to those who are unable to play Open World mission as well, this might help you as well.

1. Warframe can be anything
 I know most player out there always think about one thing, performance. If a Warframe is way too OP, they asked for a nerf. If a Warframe is too weak, they asked for a buff. Same goes with Weapons and Companion. But to me and to those really understand it, I think all warframe is pretty much fine. Each Warframe have different uses and performance. Frost can Defend the Objective, Saryn can clean out most of the enemy as quick as possible, Trinity can support the team and etc. 

What do i use mostly? I use Mag. When in Defense mission, i use Mag, when in Survival Mission, i use mag, when in Endurance mission, obviously mag. Why i use mag? If i can use Mag that can pretty much performs well on most mission type, then there's no reason why other warframe couldn't. I know most Veterans knows about this, "It will be good if you mod it right". However, Mag isn't the only Warframe i ever played. I also try out other Warframes, build them strong and capable for doing different type of mission instead of making them what they already are. 

My Mag wasn't the best performance warframe as well in the beginning, i still remember how most player hates her before her rework comes. My curiosity is the key of making my Warframe strong. If i died, then i rebuild my loadout and mods again and again, until i reached the potential i wanted. And what exactly is my point here? Never stop changing your Warframe builds. Even if you think its good, change it. If it bad, change it. Want to make Warframe as tanky as possible? Change it. You have hundreds of mod waiting for you to test them out, and never think they're useless until you try it out. And here's some good fact i can tell about Warframe mods, Utility mod is better for some warframe than survival mod. We all know Adaption and Rolling Guard works well in endurance runs. 

2. Are your Warframe Overpowered? Unmod them.

You can say this is some sort of a challenge for veterans to try it out. Mods is what make your Warframe and weapon strong, and without it you cannot survive or kill higher level enemies. 
Before you say anything else, yes i did tried this challenge once by doing a NEO FISSURE endless survival - 54mins using Mag, Paris, Kunai and Skana (Paris, Kunai and Skana are all non-potatoed.). So my goal is to survive without using any buff mod, My Mag stats are 100% Duration, 100% effi, 100% range and 100% strength. No buff mod at all. However knowing Mag survival capability, death is very possible. So i did put some Utility build on her. Don't worry, you don't have to put any mods in if you don't prefer it. Just give it a try to play on a mission without any mods equipped. If possible, Fashion frame are default. 

3. Try a different playstyle.

Take Tridolon for example. You use Chroma, Trinity, Harrow, Rhino a lot during Eidolon hunt (Sorry i don't know much about eidolon hunt). But you have everything from the eidolon and you clearly does not need to do it again. You can try to use other warframe and try to fight against Eidolon. Just play something that you never play before. At least it gives you more chances to learn the Warframe and weapons more rather than using the same thing all the time. 

4. Floof

I have nothing to say about this, you guys know your way. But if there's one, i'll probably going to say this. Get endless of Floof. Too much floof were never enough floof. If possible, donate some floof to your Dojo. Make your dojo completely out of a Floof Kingdom. Good luck. I Gave you an idea. 

5. Dojo
 If you're a Founder Warlord or anyone that can Decorate dojo, go ahead. Decorate your dojo into a beautiful place. Your dojo is decorated? Expand it more, keep decorating it. Keep thinking what other possible way you can decorate your dojo. Floof kingdom, Night club, Living room, A Tank, Spaceship etc. 

6. 69
 I know some of you guys may ask anything, so yeah. Here's Fortuna 69 . Go ahead and have yourself some sweet party there.

7. Take it slow and explore. 

Little did you know that some tileset you do have a secret room, Void, Uranus, Mars, Jupiter etc. Most of the tileset you encounter may have a secret room you never knew about.

If you have a way for veterans to do in Warframe, please do leave down your feedback here. Help the community find more interesting stuff to do.

I barely play other thing than kuva farm, but  try negative puncture and impacts rivens in weapons is a thing that i love now,  the negative puncture  opticor with a gas built is soo fun.  currently i try my best in Survival with a  34 range banshee  with savage silence and the zenistar. Love trying find that type of unique playstiles. 

Experiment with weapons and Frame interaction. Instead of always going for the fastest kill, go for the Status kills or the change up of using weapons. Every once in a while I play baseball- knock enemies into the air then try to kill them before they hit the ground with a melee swing. 

Find new players and teach them if they need help. Mentor someone and show them the ropes to let them see the attractiveness in the game. 

Bring contest to the forums or your clan/alliance. With so many new players coming in and vets wanting something to do, make a contest once a week/month that rewards plat or decorations or something to give players something to strive for.

Create Captura scenes that are pieces of art. We all FashionFrame but I barely ever see any artistic use of Captura except on some YouTubers entrances. So some good captures or shows off of Fashion with others (another month contest?).

See if you can get outside of the maps in all areas.

Try not using the Damage mods every weapon "needs" and see if the game can be played funny with not slaughtering everything with 1 shot.

Become Tenno Clause. Give gifts off people's Wish list when you play with them and see how they play well with others. Did the person just rush to kill Phorid before you even got in the room? Did they pick up players that got downed? Use their assist powers for all or just ran and finished the mission asap? Whatever you want to use as the criteria to give.

Set rules for when you do a mission. Instead of insta popping energy, play with no powers until you fill the power gauge for the first time. 

There are many things to do....just gotta find something and see how long you want to do it.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb WhiteWingCat:

[...]

8. patiently wait for more challenging content. orb battles might be something that floofs things up. melee 3.0 and the balance pass also might floofen everything up and give something to revisit many weapons, builds and setups. also remember railjack.

9. help beginners out, be it chat help or in missions. works for me quite well.

20 minutes ago, Nu_caa_mas said:

I barely play other thing than kuva farm

#metoo XD

Its not that hard to get a "godroll" with enough kuva spent on it, its much harder to get stats which u want. For example, spent almost whole yesterday rolling gorgon riven only cause i refused to see any + impact on it and all the good rolls just had to have it... It was ok for the first 50 rolls, but next 65 were such a pain. It was a matter of my honor and ended up with CC and CD

fun fact: u cant get any other IPS dmg type on gorgon riven other than impact

11 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

I would recommend creating a new account.

Grinding everything from the beggining, damn thats no fun at all at least imo

Gerade eben schrieb Dominiuos:

I'm close to MR26, at this was my goal for a long time, I worked hard for it. Only a few things left to do outside Fortuna like Eidolon lens and arcanes and I can say that, for me, the end game will be fashion.

im kind of sad that i myself dont care about MR in the slightest...would be something to do but i cant get myself to care about it 😞

As someone rapidly reaching that point of having literally everything, my next step is experimenting with Focus and Amps, and learning some arcane shinanigans.

Like I have this Pox charge>RattleGuts/Haymaker/Zipneedle>Synth Charge Meme build I wanna try at some point: Hold Mouse one and chest let the last 3rpm shot regenerate at 0 and see if I get perma triple damage. (may need a Quickdraw to have Fire rate not truly limited by charge time.)

5 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

im kind of sad that i myself dont care about MR in the slightest...would be something to do but i cant get myself to care about it 😞

I look for something to differentiate from other players and didn't care for opulence (until now), but it's nice been an high MR. 25 point on any new weapon (easy moding), low cap on everything and same respect from others (best part).

These are some of the "boring time killers" I occasionally do to self challenge.
You can still clear a mission otherwise, but mostly self-imposed challenge that I try to keep.

The mad-minute
Challenge - Enter Ani survival mission and camp at a room at the end of a corridor, 
hold the position with a Vectis/ Vectis Prime for the next 30 minute.

Bonus Challenge - Maintain over 95% accuracy with at least 1000 sniper rifle kills.
(might need to play longer than 30 min for the kill counts)

Added Challenge -  Less than 100 melee kills and no ability kills.

True Stealth
Challenge - Enter any exterminate mission without using a stealth frame or anything with invisibility/ sleep ability.
+ companion with attack precept and weapon equipped.

Bonus Challenge - maintain 500% stealth bonus multiplier for over 50% of enemy counts.

Added Challenge - raise no alarm for the whole mission.

Judge, Jury, Executioner
Solo Vodyanoi (Level 85 Rathuum)
Bonus Challenge - Without using frame ability to do the killings.

Senbongiri
Enter any dark sector survival mission and get 1000 melee kills.
Bonus Challenge - without using warframe ability to do the killings/ boost attack speed/ attack damage
Added challenge - equipped melee weapon only.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dominiuos:

I look for something to differentiate from other players and didn't care for opulence (until now), but it's nice been an high MR. 25 point on any new weapon (easy moding), low cap on everything and same respect from others (best part).

respect from people ? if someone judges another player based on MR alone at that point then i dont want to have anything to do with that person tbh. talking about judging a book by its cover alone.

4 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

respect from people ? if someone judges another player based on MR alone at that point then i dont want to have anything to do with that person tbh. talking about judging a book by its cover alone.

There is always a toxic opinion... I SAID same..

You always have something to farm, credits, kuva, ducats, prime parts, plats, skins.

Sniper challenges are my regular way of playing the game. :D

36 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

I played most of my playhours as an MR.9 when i didn't want to give another try to the mastery test due to being frustrated, there is no rush but it's nice to have a higher MR for the void trace and syndicate standing capacity and some weapons like Galatine P or Euphona.

People used to yell at me for being low MR (not knowing my playhours), now they yell at me for being high MR. :^)

This is not a challenge...

Take off powerfull mods, as you mention before, or put ones that has small rank. And then play in earth, venus, or mercury tiles with public matchmaking on. If you found a low level players, stick with him/her for a few missions. Hopefully you will play with and help those that are new to the game, where you have to emptied all of your magazine on a few target, while teaching them how to roll and jump like a space bio mechanical ninja that you are.

Ps: Use one of the base frame 

Edited by novalery

Remember why I don't reup after looking at the sorry sods on weekend duty and look at memes that get me banned regularly on social media.

Oh you meant WF.  I Pretend I want to grind out weapons and farm prime stuff but I end up getting off to play other games because grindfests drag out easily.