Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will Fortuna be on Xbox/PS?

(XBOX)XBOX INFENITY

So Fortuna has been out on PC for a while now and I've been waiting for the Xbox release since that's where my main account is.

Ever since the update came out I've searched on when the update will be released for Xbox and wherever I look there's nothing said about the Xbox/PS release. All I do find is the original PC/Xbox/PS trailer for Fortuna.

Has there been any word of the console release? Will it be released at all for concoles? Any insight will be appreciated.

Edited by (XB1)XBOX INFENITY

Based on information seen floating around, I'd assume cert submission for consoles will occur somewhere this coming week, which means we should get it the week after ( 10-15 December ).

This, of course, assuming no unexpected delays and that the update passes certification ( that should take only a few days ).

Soon™

But in all seriousness, it will probably will be another week or so.  My guess, basesd on what DE has been saying recently about the status of the console update, is the build will probably be sent by the end of next week (they will likely mention that in the next devstream), and then depending on just how big of an update it will be, may take a few days to get through certification.  That's my thought anyway. 

I have no doubts though that they will not deliver it before the end of this year.  They have had big updates around this time of the year before, and they have always got it to the console folks before the new year.  Their console team is always improving.

1 hour ago, (PS4)onkruid26 said:

Its your own fault by browsing the forums and reading spoilers tough.

Can't blame anyone.

It's not realistic to assume that someone who loves the game will turn a blind eye on everything, especially considering how DE invested so much on this massive marketing campaign since Fortuna was launched.

Between Twitch drops, articles everywhere, videos, reviews, etc .. all heavily promoting Fortuna .. well, someone needs to be living under a rock not to be exposed to it. I actually tried to avoid spoilers on the first week or so. Trust me, not possible, unless of course you put Warframe on the shelf for a month and forget about it.

The difference is that there are players who care, and others who don't.

For me, Fortuna feels old already and I haven't even played it. When it gets here, it's basically going to be another checkbox to check. Will for sure have fun with it, but it's definitely not the same as experiencing something fresh, since I already saw and know everything that there is to know about Fortuna and the Vallis.

I actually wonder, if all this marketing promotion campaign wasn't a bit of a waste in a sense, since it basically alienates half of the player base. Hype will be long gone for it to have the impact that had no PC. Unless of course they do it again when it reaches consoles ( I doubt it thou ).

I agree sadly it feels like we on console had no choice, but to get spoiled on a lot of stuff.

It sucks because we know that they're working hard to release the content. It's just the month+ difference is pretty insane for those of us that are super hyped/were hyped. Some of the thrill has wore off for me and probably others because of how much content of Fortuna is floating around on PC and the community at large.

It for sure will not be the same hype-train as it was for PC though. Sad as it may be.

Still has to many broken stuff on pc, new stuff like moa doesnt even work properly yet (stuck often, sometime cant follow you, shooting at defense objective), dropships spinning on air, falling off map when on a kdrive, its like a half baked content on pc currently they have to fix those first before shipping to consoles.

Seriously how broken is it to need so many hotfixes,  pc can keep that crap, why only cater to them. How about you have it all good to go on all platforms then release it, seriously you kill the mystery for counsel , terrible planning DE really starting to dislike this game.  Although DeVs will not see this , they should pay attention to the player rate dropping on ps4 and xbox like don't they care Bout the ppl who pay the most for their micro transactions,  nah just keep giving pc discounts on plat for login when we are stuck with in market discounts, woopdedo DE cuz that's useless,  hey here is a discount on old cosmetics that should be discounted based off of release time , nah keep grabbing cash DE for your free game and don't put it back into supporting your own content,  smh 

19 hours ago, (PS4)WilmakyaLuce said:

Seriously how broken is it to need so many hotfixes,  pc can keep that crap, why only cater to them. How about you have it all good to go on all platforms then release it, seriously you kill the mystery for counsel , terrible planning DE really starting to dislike this game.  Although DeVs will not see this , they should pay attention to the player rate dropping on ps4 and xbox like don't they care Bout the ppl who pay the most for their micro transactions,  nah just keep giving pc discounts on plat for login when we are stuck with in market discounts, woopdedo DE cuz that's useless,  hey here is a discount on old cosmetics that should be discounted based off of release time , nah keep grabbing cash DE for your free game and don't put it back into supporting your own content,  smh 

This is by far my favourite whine in this thread. The sheer amount of butthurt and cringe, the level of entitlement, making up random stats without any knowledge.
So juicy.
giphy.gif

pc can keep that crap, why only cater to them

Yep how dare PC players get things first.. Those folks that bankrolled the game years before console players even knew it existed.

terrible planning DE really starting to dislike this game.

So don't play it. It's not rocket science.

they should pay attention to the player rate dropping on ps4 and xbox like don't they care Bout the ppl who pay the most for their micro transactions

Do you actually have any proof that console players have paid more money for microtransactions? I can only speak for myself but over the 5+ years i've played, i have bought over 500$ of products. Prime access, plat, cosmetics, warframes. How much have you bought? I'm betting you haven't spent a dime on Warframe.

Seriously how broken is it to need so many hotfixes

Very broken. If you even took the time to read the Fortuna forums you'd see the sheer amount of broken.

45 minutes ago, UseNet said:

This is by far my favourite whine in this thread. The sheer amount of butthurt and cringe, the level of entitlement, making up random stats without any knowledge.
So juicy.
giphy.gif

Yep how dare PC players get things first.. Those folks that bankrolled the game years before console players even knew it existed.

So don't play it. It's not rocket science.

Do you actually have any proof that console players have paid more money for microtransactions? I can only speak for myself but over the 5+ years i've played, i have bought over 500$ of products. Prime access, plat, cosmetics, warframes. How much have you bought? I'm betting you haven't spent a dime on Warframe.

Very broken. If you even took the time to read the Fortuna forums you'd see the sheer amount of broken.

This is beautiful... DE is one of the only game developers that aren't entirely in it for money, they actually want to create a game that the fans enjoy and they get the opinions of said fans to make it even better... I haven't spent much on Warframe as I don't have work but whenever I can I will buy something cheap as I know that 1. The stuff I can get is awesome/useful. 2. The money I do spend goes to DE and pays the people that make the game as good as it is. 3. The game is free... So I'm going to buy things as I've enjoyed it and haven't HAD to spend money.

20 hours ago, (PS4)WilmakyaLuce said:

Im a console player and im not complaining, them fixing it before it comes to console is a thousand times better than getting it with pc then having my game data deleted because of a bug that could have been fixed. Find something else to do while you wait, there are plenty of other good free to play games to pass the time until warframe updates arrive. And also, warframe is FREE and everything in it can be EARNED, there cash grab is only for rich people that want everything right away. 

3 hours ago, UseNet said:
22 hours ago, (PS4)WilmakyaLuce said:

they should pay attention to the player rate dropping on ps4 and xbox like don't they care Bout the ppl who pay the most for their micro transactions

In 2016, only 30% of the revenue came from PC players.

This is stated on the financial report that was posted a while back.

Things could have changed since then, obviously, but if the market share for PC/consoles within the gaming industry is of any indication, chances are it's probably around those numbers still.

As for what he mentioned about the numbers of console players dropping, I have no idea if that is true, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit. That is perfectly normal for all platforms on "drought" periods, and you can see it clearly on the Steam charts before and a bit after Fortuna.

The thing is, PC players got this massive marketing campaign and that caused a spike on number of players (returning + new ) since Fortuna launched.

DE launching Fortuna on consoles one month later, means all hype gone. I'd be surprised if it has anywhere the impact that it had on PC, which means we won't be seeing that many new or returning players, which in turn could actually lead to a net negative all things considered.

This is of course all speculation on my part, since Sony and Microsoft don't really publish their numbers AFAIK.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

On December 2, 2018 at 10:32 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sometime this month, they said it would be out before the end of the year, we all want to Lift Together, but we must let them ensure the build is right, otherwise we'd have to wait until after the holidays for any fixes.

Well i hope thats not going to happen one month is enough i think 

While I would appreciate a quicker turn around, I understand the epic suck programming can be and the amount of efforts that go into coding something that works. I've started to view the early PC releases of stuff more like I've got a cadre of hundreds of thousands of beta testers working to perfect the update before I gets to me. I honestly feel like the hype died a lot for me already, but I think it'll be back when I get it in my hands. Until then I know my engagement really slowed down and I'm pretty much there for things like dailies and the occasional level grind, but I'm doing other stuff right now to keep me occupied. I understand the push to show off the newest content both from a development standpoint and because damn those guys have a lot to be proud of and deserve accolades, but I feel like I have to largely isolate myself from any mixed communities when updates occur otherwise I either have to deal with spoilers or look on with a small bit of envy (until someone falls up into the sky).

TL;DR: mixed feeling about Fortuna and the update but I'm still ready for it. 

To be honest I’ve kinda forgotten about Fortuna, I’be been playing off and on for a couple years so the updates don’t concern me much, I just play, but after playing around on Cetus for the first time with a friend I got really excited for Fortuna. I am still looking forward to the update but the whole “This open world stuff is amazing!” feeling is gone. Now don’t take this as whining,I’m actually glade we have to wait a month so we don’t get a buggy mess. Also it’s a free to play game with free updates (more like expansions) so DE can handle it how they want, month, two months, it’s not like I paid for the game (micro transactions though, well I’ll withhold that information). Anyway, that’s my two cents.

(Edit - Says PC member but I play on Xbox, don’t even have a PC)

Edited by (XB1)NokarStormBlade