Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge frame drops when moving mouse around

TeneKay

I wish I could say how to repro it, but there is a bug that occurs after some time is spent out in the Vallis that causes you to experience severe frame drops when moving the mouse around. I usually notice it when I'm hunting, so using the menu for the lure may cause it. This started happening after the recent optimisation patch.

Regardless, hope it is fixed as it is affecting my ability to play in the Vallis.

1 hour ago, DjAirsurfer said:

I noticed this as well, even when I was up in the sky with archwing my fps would tank to like 3fps as soon as i started to move my mouse around

Glad it's not just me. I was doubting my PC today thinking it was a GPU issue or something.

6 hours ago, JCperfect said:

By any chance do you guys have the Repala Syandana equipped? It seems removing that solved this problem.

Yeah I used it on my Equinox actually. I will remove it and see if it changes anything.

Edited by --Q--TeneKay

On 2018-12-03 at 3:20 AM, JCperfect said:

By any chance do you guys have the Repala Syandana equipped? It seems removing that solved this problem.

Nope. No syandana at all. I was using Equinox as well though

Edited by DjAirsurfer

This performance issue is affecting the whole game since that major update. At random, frames (aka Images) take more time to render (you can actually see the render time per frame in the bottom left corner when you tick it in the options, and my Geforce overlay is telling me the same...) and the worst part, as no one really cares as long as fps are still way above acceptable, is that the mouse movement are sluggish, sometime even completely frozen for dozens of frames, meaning parts of your movement aren't registered.

When this happen, even if you're doing a perfect circle on your mousepad, you'll end up with a weird shape instead... which means, for a game where there is aiming/movement involved... it's actually a pretty bad bug.

This sort of bug happened before multiple times, last one I remember was during the eidolon plains period, and everytime it got fixed, just that sometime it took quite a while before the fix came.

i have this problem. doesn't matter what frame i use.

though it doesn't seem to matter how long i'm in orb vallis for it happen. honestly i haven't been able to farm any standing because of it, i'm barely making any headway with solaris united and i've completely given up on the vent kids. i can't get ANY standing when i'm on the k-drive and my fps drops to 3 right when i attempt a trick.