Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Auction House

(PSN)WolfKingHaruu11

There is a better way to do trade chat I am not saying to get rid of it for those players who don't have a dojo. But there should be a room that is created in the dojo to connect all the players to a single trading server that allows player to post items they have earned to sell to other players for Ducats, Platinum, or credits. There should also be a station on cetus that allows player to post or buy from there as well. This will allow players to continue to play the game and work as a community to further progress the game and bring even more players to this great game. A good example of a great auction house system is Final Fantasy 11 [The MMO rpg] 

Here's a fun science experiments.

Take the DE development team and say "auction house". A fun scientific fact will be observed: those people will cringe and hastily say "no" each single time.

I'm kidding, of course, DE don't let anyone capable of saying the words "auction house" near their ears. It is just self-preservation, you know. The best way not to have to say "no" is not to hear the question.

22 minutes ago, Soulvengeance said:

Auction House basically lets you sell without actively being online, So for those that work, school, ect we can post stuff for sale while on, and it stays up while we are offline so others can still buy.

That exactly what DE DOESN'T want. Half the reason the way we trade is what we have is because DE wants you to have to interact with other players if you want to trade.

Well there is what DE wants and what Players want.  Player Interaction in a game where players are already anti social......ya I can see how DE thinks its a good idea.  But again, Players want this, DE does not.  DE is very peculiar about what they put there foot down on and fail to in other areas.

I would not like to see an auction house. The current system forces the player to sacrifice playing missions to earn items and currency. That is a fair trade off and we already have third parties to sell Riven Mods (Forums/Riven.Market) and other items (Warframe.Market).

Third party is nice, but not effective as a built in version.  And as you point out , trying to exchange goods greatly cuts into play time, making it hateful for those of us that would rather play not play broker.  As it stands I slowly play warframe less and less because it is more of a second job then fun factor. 

12 minutes ago, Soulvengeance said:

Well there is what DE wants and what Players want.  Player Interaction in a game where players are already anti social......ya I can see how DE thinks its a good idea.  But again, Players want this, DE does not.  DE is very peculiar about what they put there foot down on and fail to in other areas.

Well that's one thing they put the foot down on. Also, as you'll see, there's a strong portion of the community, like me, that doesn't want an AH cause we see how that that completely #*!% over trade economy. You should probably look up all the MANY other threads an AHs to get an idea.

Edited by Atsia

4 hours ago, (PS4)WolfKingHaruu11 said:

But there should be a room that is created in the dojo to connect all the players to a single trading server that allows player to post items they have earned to sell to other players for Ducats, Platinum, or credits.

Sure. If it is only for Credits.

The moment you allow Plat into the conversation there will be a hard no from DE on passively trading Plat, something that is not a person to person trade where they are both going out of their way to do so.

Trading Plat will never be much, if any, easier than it is now.

4 hours ago, (PS4)WolfKingHaruu11 said:

There is a better way to do trade chat I am not saying to get rid of it for those players who don't have a dojo. But there should be a room that is created in the dojo to connect all the players to a single trading server that allows player to post items they have earned to sell to other players for Ducats, Platinum, or credits. There should also be a station on cetus that allows player to post or buy from there as well. This will allow players to continue to play the game and work as a community to further progress the game and bring even more players to this great game. A good example of a great auction house system is Final Fantasy 11 [The MMO rpg] 

I have never seen an auction house added to a game improve the situation.  Items of value have their prices skyrocket due to resellers running bots to bid, pushing up the prices to what they want it to be.  Common items will have their prices drop to the point of having no value.

Adding the option to set prices and buy directly from the shops would turn Maroo's into a proper market which also fits the description of what you are asking for without the bot friendly bidding system of an auction house.

3 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Adding the option to set prices and buy directly from the shops would turn Maroo's into a proper market which also fits the description of what you are asking for without the bot friendly bidding system of an auction house.

I agree. Much simpler. Let the seller decide the base price. If the player wants to haggle he can pm, but at least we avoid a bit that petty game that is "offer... No u offer" to see who can scam who. 

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

14 часов назад, (PS4)WolfKingHaruu11 сказал:

A good example of a great auction house system is Final Fantasy 11 [The MMO rpg] 

In Guild Wars 2 is also a good auction.
But if the assumption that DE creates an artificial difficulty in trading to stimulate platinum sales is true - then there is little chance, alas.
Although I am sure that with the auction they would earn more money. Just because it would be much more convenient not only to sell, but also to BUY. And the convenience of buying at auction will encourage the purchase of platinum to a much greater extent, than the existing system.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I agree. Much simpler. Let the seller decide the base price. If the player wants to haggle he can pm, but at least we avoid a bit that petty game that is "offer... No u offer" to see who can scam who. 

So don't initiate contact with people who don't want to call a starting price. Other than that, what you are asking for is what we already have, because you can't haggle with people who are offline. 

On 2018-12-02 at 11:41 AM, Soulvengeance said:

Auction House basically lets you sell without actively being online, So for those that work, school, ect we can post stuff for sale while on, and it stays up while we are offline so others can still buy.

If this happens there is no more need to buy platinum from the cash shop ever again

good for me

bad for DE

see why they don't want an auction house/offline marketplace?

Maybe a middle ground then? Don't allow offline trades, but at least allow us a way to catalog our loot into a shop window so players can do keyword search for your stuff and let you know they're interested? Effective

You can also add a limiter where your stuff temporarily disappears from the market if you go on missions (The idea is if your stuff is on the market, that itself is proof that you're not doing missions and you're free to trade).

I can absolutely see the point that an offline way to trade plat will greatly devalue it. It's just that watching the trade chat scroll by, until you find something you want - or until someone replies to your offers, and only then does the haggling finally start... it just feels slow and not-fun.

10 hours ago, SqualZell said:

warframe.market

literally what you described

Can't believe I forgot to mention that, that website was exactly what I had in mind. Not saying we should ditch the site, but it would be nice if the community didn't end up having to create something like that in the first place.

Edited by MandzPH

21 minutes ago, MandzPH said:

Can't believe I forgot to mention that, that website was exactly what I had in mind. Not saying we should ditch the site, but it would be nice if the community didn't end up having to create something like that in the first place.

Right, so what you really want is a time machine to undo the conditions leading to the creation of warframe market? 🤔 OK I support that. 👍

11 hours ago, MandzPH said:

I can absolutely see the point that an offline way to trade plat will greatly devalue it. It's just that watching the trade chat scroll by, until you find something you want - or until someone replies to your offers, and only then does the haggling finally start... it just feels slow and not-fun.

Filters are helpful, and reasonable pricing. 

To my understanding An Auction house would change the economy heavily due to people having better knowledge of competition and more people selling for less to best competing sellers and buying for less due to this so I can probably see why DE is hesitant to make this change this far into the game’s life

this is based on brokers/auction houses in games i’ve played and how people use them

if this is added we can expect a radical shift in pricing based on how the community interacts with it

Edited by (PS4)BloodyXSavageX

On 2018-12-03 at 11:21 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So don't initiate contact with people who don't want to call a starting price. Other than that, what you are asking for is what we already have, because you can't haggle with people who are offline. 

Fine by me. If I'm selling something I'll have a price in mind, and I may be able to lower it a bit if needed. Same if I'm buying, I can try to haggle a bit but I know a starting point for theseller to be happy. If the price is way too high then the buyer doesn't need to bother and annoy the buyer. That time you'd be ranting for an exchange that would never take place could be used for actual trades. That's just my opinion of course. It's not like the current system doesn't stop me from earning the stuff I want, I'm just not a haggler and I dislike losing time, either with greedy sellers, or cheap buyers. Luckily those are somewhat rare.