Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Endgame in Warframe? [Here is The Answer] - Spoilers

ShinTechG

wM6pvTR.jpg

So today, we going to be discussing a topic that comes up in the Warframe community all the time, and that is, “Endgame”. Does Warframe even have such a thing? Well, I will tell you right now, Warframe absolutely has endgame, but most likely, it's not what you thought it was.

Definition of Endgame

Endgame can be defined as “the final or late stage of a game when a few pieces remain”. Now going by that, let's take a look at Warframe.

Questline of Warframe (Spoilers)

OXcF8yd.jpg

When you start off playing Warframe, the story starts with Vor, a Grineer captain that was sent by the Queens to destroy the Warframes. However, Vor was determined to control them rather than destroy them. Throughout the story of the game, you eventually reach the Second Dream quest, where you discover that all along, you have been asleep and dreaming, and that you are really not the Warframe itself, but the one controlling it in this dream. Most players may not have realized this, but waking up in Warframe is an element that is common in a lot of games. This is usually called, an awakening.

zgKRtJ8.png

After the Second Dream Quest in Warframe, the War Within Quest takes you on a journey to discover your full potential with the Focus Schools, Transference, and your forgotten Void power. Then, this eventually leads to seeking out the "Quills" to obtain more power. The Quills created items that could better control and amplify an Operator's Void energy.

Now this self-development journey has been leading up to endgame content that is currently in Warframe, and also some content that is yet to come.

Endgame Content

Eidolons

aBLZK3l.jpg

There should be no surprise to this. Massive, life-threatening Sentients roaming the Plains of Eidolon, seeking to rebuild themselves have been the center of endgame content.  All the building up of your Operator and Warframes has been leading up to this. Going by the definition of endgame I stated above, this content falls right into that category. One of things that made this clear was the rewards from defeating these towering Sentients. These rewards were used to gain even more power for your Operator and Warframes. Although Eidolons have become really easy for some players, this does not make it any less of what it officially is. How difficult you find content doesn't take away from the fact of what it is. 

Kuva Floods & Siphons

FgX1doW.jpg

Kuva Siphons are Grineer harvesting machines that can be found in modified non-endless missions on up to two Planets near to which the Kuva Fortress moves in the Star Chart. They can be destroyed to obtain Kuva. Without discovering the truth about Operators and waking up from the dream, we would not be able to do Kuva missions. If you know the lore of Warframe, stopping the queens from gathering Kuva is one of the ongoing missions that all your progress was leading up to. A second direct encounter with the Grineer Queens is not in the game, but I am sure we shall get this is the near future.

The Void and Survival/Endless Missions

Ji9ioPO.jpg

The void is one of the most mysterious places in Warframe. It is also the place where the Tenno (Operators) were "born", due to the Void-Jump Accident. The void is one of the final tilesets you encounter on the warframe Starchart, with some missions there having a  "tier 4 difficulty". Currently the highest tier in Warframe, the missions marked with this tier have enemies dealing 300% more damage above their actual levels. The MOT Survival mission in the Void is very well known for this. Now this brings me to a point that I want to make very clear: The length of time you spend in an endless T4 mission, does not determine whether you've reached endgame or not!

The actual T4 mission from the time you enter, is officially part of endgame. Whether you stay 5 mins then extract, or 20 for the full rotation, you have been in the part of the endgame of Warframe. Now There are some players who prefer to add timestamps  and a number to enemy levels on when endgame starts. This is more of a personal goal. With Warframe, we cannot put a static level and time on when endgame starts and say it is officially endgame based on how difficult we feel it is. Here is why:

Picture this scenario: Bobby says to his friend Joe that he started playing MOT survival missions and he feels that endgame starts 40 minutes into the MOT. Bobby did not know that Joe is an ultimate hardcore badass player and Joe says to Bobby: "endgame starts at 3 hours into the MOT because that is when I feel it gets difficult."  Joe's sister Sally, also a Warframe player, overheard this conversation between Bob and Joe and says: "you guys are crazy, endgame doesn't start until 14 hours in".

Do you see the issue there? The problem is, there is no "end". This is why adding a timestamp is more of a personal, self-satisfaction thing. If you are an endless survival mission only for the loot, the reward tables restarts every 20 minutes anyway. I have no issue against players who do endurance/long endless missions. I actually started doing a few myself. From doing this, I can tell you that the reason you see articles and video content on the internet labeling long survival missions as endgame, is because they are demonstrating that the build and strategies they are using can absolutely take on the official endgame content. Going longer than the general mission rotation in endless missions shows you that the build and strategies can go beyond endgame, if you so desired.

Sorties

Having to have completed the War Within first, along with facing higher level content with difficulty modifiers, Sorties definitely fall into the official definition of endgame. For those that take time to read the mission description/lore of the Sortie missions, you will see that this mode was intended to be endgame

Orb Vallis, Fortuna

1uv7JyC.jpg

Fortuna is being catered to both new and veteran players as we have seen from release and previous changes. Although the second part of Fortuna which contains the core "endgame" content is not here yet, you can clearly see based on the design of the new Elite Corpus enemies that Digital Extremes has been getting much better at making content more challenging and focused around endgame. But, I will wait for the full thing to release before giving my final opinion.

TLDR: Eidolons, Sorties, Kuva Missions, The Void (T4), and the Orb Vallis are all part of the endgame content. How difficult you find this content does not take away from what it official is. Besides, it's not like we could take this on overnight. A lot of progress had to be made to get there. There is a lot of room to improve on this current endgame content.

Anyway, I hope this post clears up the topic of "Endgame and Warframe". Feel free to also say hi on my YouTube channel (ShinTechG) where i make Warframe videos focused around this definition of endgame. If there is anything you feel I missed, your maybe you just have different views, please share below! 🙂

-ShinTechG

Edited by ShinTechG
Fixing a bit of typos. Might be some left

Endgame content is pretty much mission specific to Sorties and Eidolon hunting.  This is because the gap with late game unlocking the latter stuff is based on when you hit The War Within, but all of the end game content requires that too.  Were as Endurance runs are a joke masochists go to waste their time because there is nothing better to do with broken equipment.  I'd personally take it out because it's less efficient at farming and encourages mindless powercreep.

The other problem with adressing end-game content is what was originally planned and what is currently available.  IE, the story is no where near finished and the Sorties and Arbitrations are like every other game's daily missions.  Is there currently any relevant end game, or are there just extra nuances in a relatively simple game panned out but too small to be a real mmo.  We probably won't have a definitive answer until a few more years unless DE implodes.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Turaglas said:

Endgame content is pretty much mission specific to Sorties and Eidolon hunting.  This is because the gap with late game unlocking the latter stuff is based on when you hit The War Within, but all of the end game content requires that too.  Were as Endurance runs are a joke masochists go to waste their time because there is nothing better to do with broken equipment.  I'd personally take it out because it's less efficient at farming and encourages mindless powercreep.

The other problem with adressing end-game content is what was originally planned and what is currently available.  IE, the story is no where near finished and the Sorties and Arbitrations are like every other game's daily missions.  Is there currently any relevant end game, or are there just extra nuances in a relatively simple game panned out but too small to be a real mmo.  We probably won't have a definitive answer until a few more years unless DE implodes.

IMO, a story does not have to be finished for a game to be considered to have endgame content. Take for example, World of Warcraft. They keep coming out with lore and expansions, yet they have a lot of endgame content. Endgame is the final or late stage. True there is more to come, but where it currently ends, is the endgame. It may not be what most of us want, and sure it could be improved, but it is what it is for now.

Edited by ShinTechG