Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeking advice about Guandao build

ken6212

Question

I have a guandao riven which increases 203.5% melee damage, 147.3% range, minus 56.1% finisher damage ( do not know whether I should get rid of it or not).

But i dont know how to build a powerful guandao (for example, killing level 160 corrupted heavy gunner fast or having red crits) with this riven. Would you guys mind if you can give me some adivce ? 

11 answers to this question

If you have Meme Strike, you are in luck

1. Bloodrush
  2. Memestrike
  3. Primed Reach
  4. Primed Pressure Point
  5. Riven
  6. Berserker
  7. Organ Shatter
  8. Drifting Contact

If not:

1. Bloodrush
  2. Primed Reach
  3. Riven
  4. Sacrificial Pressure
  5. Berserker
  6. Sacrificial Steel
  7. Organ Shatter
  8. Drifting Contact

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I would sign this even w/o Memestrike. Use True Steel

See the second list I wrote.

Arguably Sacrificial Set would be better as his Riven adds damage. The ~50% crit chance stacks a lot better with Bloodrush over normal True Steel's ~38% although the forma cost is a bit mad.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

If you have Meme Strike, you are in luck

1. Bloodrush
  2. Memestrike
  3. Primed Reach
  4. Primed Pressure Point
  5. Riven
  6. Berserker
  7. Organ Shatter
  8. Drifting Contact

If not:

1. Bloodrush
  2. Primed Reach
  3. Riven
  4. Sacrificial Pressure
  5. Berserker
  6. Sacrificial Steel
  7. Organ Shatter
  8. Drifting Contact

You can replace drifting contact for another mod if you have power spike from naramon

Gonna jump in with the off-meta suggestion of Shattering Impact. It won't help hugely against a high-level Heavy Gunner's Armor (or any HG's Armor for that matter) but it'll make a difference in chipping Armor from all but the elite-est of units, a trait that the Status-less Guandao lacks. This is based on my experience with the Guandao while not possessing a Riven like your own (with a raw damage boost like yours, Armor on lighter units might not matter), so take my advice as a suggestion to experiment with the mod and not some gospel truth.

46 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Gonna jump in with the off-meta suggestion of Shattering Impact. It won't help hugely against a high-level Heavy Gunner's Armor (or any HG's Armor for that matter) but it'll make a difference in chipping Armor from all but the elite-est of units, a trait that the Status-less Guandao lacks. This is based on my experience with the Guandao while not possessing a Riven like your own (with a raw damage boost like yours, Armor on lighter units might not matter), so take my advice as a suggestion to experiment with the mod and not some gospel truth.

Guandao is way too slow to make use of shattering impact. Better off just not wasting a slot on it and recognising that some weapons just can't cut it in certain content.

Or using something else to counter its weakness against armour like Pox or saryn.

As for the actual build for riven guandao going no elements like the first poster suggested is not a good idea. Especially for armoured enemies like you want to do, OP.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:
  • Bloodrush
  • Primed Reach
  • Riven
  • Sacrificial Pressure
  • Berserker
  • Sacrificial Steel
  • Organ Shatter
  • Drifting Contact 

In this build, just dropping the two sacrifical mods for 90% electric and primed fever strike results in way more actual damage even counting the higher initial crit scaling from sacrificial mods because slash damage is complete ass against armour.

And Guandao is 70% slash.

Edited by Bipp

12 hours ago, Bipp said:

Guandao is way too slow to make use of shattering impact. Better off just not wasting a slot on it and recognising that some weapons just can't cut it in certain content.

Or using something else to counter its weakness against armour like Pox or saryn.

As for the actual build for riven guandao going no elements like the first poster suggested is not a good idea. Especially for armoured enemies like you want to do, OP.

In this build, just dropping the two sacrifical mods for 90% electric and primed fever strike results in way more actual damage even counting the higher initial crit scaling from sacrificial mods because slash damage is complete ass against armour.

And Guandao is 70% slash.

hi. Thanks for the reply. Mind if i ask about the two sacificial mods that you recommended dropping, which two of them are you referring to?

On 2018-12-03 at 8:04 AM, ken6212 said:

hi. Thanks for the reply. Mind if i ask about the two sacificial mods that you recommended dropping, which two of them are you referring to?

Sacrificial Pressure and Sacrificial Steel.