Nerf to 4 attack range WAY to steep Stagger also doesn't work...

Operator_of_the_Lotus

Yeah this change to her 4 is unacceptable. I logged on today to play with her and have fun. but DE seems to be allergic to the idea of fun. Garuda was never a powerful frame to begin with her 4 is not an AOE unlike many nuking frames that simply do her job better. but what fun she did have was there and neat. this nerf on her attack radius is god damn unacceptable.

It's so small now I can't hit anything! the target is so small it's not even cover your screen! the enemies simply move out of range. Garudas ult should be a marker NOT a radius. you should be able to mark the targets by just touching them with the circle like Mesa's peace makers but no. they wanted to nerf and already under whelming frame. the charge time is still way to long and now with no range to boot!

also on top ontop of all this.the fix for natural talent now working with her powers and animations was  a FIX not a buff it was a fix! it is now working as intended!

The fall from firing the 4 abilty in air is also WHAT!? it's confusing how you could possibly think this is an okay thing to do, you are acting like seeking talons is the most powerful ability ever to warrant such pointless nerfs?! not only did you keep the pointless charge mechanic (the only thing that justified the less than stellar range and damage) but you nerfed it's range and gave it a pointless hover and a HARD landing animation to stun and kill garuda?! seriously just..I'm mind boggled.

She isn't even that powerful to start? yeah her 1 can get crazy high damage numbers but it takes so long to charge up those crazy numbers it isn't worth it. her 4 was actually fun! please DE please remove this pointless stupid nerf that no one ever asked for. please I'm begging you don't be your usual selves and ruin a funish frame.

You should have BUFFED her 4 not nerfed it!

Edited by Operator_of_the_Lotus

Here is another question... why does stretch not effect her 4 ability range?! If you are going to nerf it into the ground why not let us mod it to make up for it?

after playing more with garuda I can say the stagger is LAUGHABLE!

first off, it doesn't work 90% of the time. second when it does work the stagger is SO SHORT that it ends right after the animation of 1 or 2 and that is with FULL natural talent! LOOOOOOOL what!?

Edited by Operator_of_the_Lotus

2 hours ago, Operator_of_the_Lotus said:

also no you are animation locked you can not slide or avoid the hard drop from the 1 or 4. it's pointless.

Aim and: roll, switch to operator, cast 1, charge 1, cast 2, cast 3, press nothing, press a, press s, press d or slide.

This catalyst person is a total elitist. I've been playing since there were just two guns to use same as you

The only reason i brought that up was because @Dabnician was blaming new players, but whatever...

there was 0 need for the nerf to her range

Yeah... literally no one disagrees with you?

other frames simply do her job better

I don't really know what her job is supposed to be, but yes.

this is a coop game, nerfs are not needed...

And this is just total bullS#&$, but this argument has been had a thousand times.

Edited by catalyst22

Ah okay, well my point with all this is that the nerfs to Garuda were way to steep.

the +33 % charge time buff was not  a buff it was a nothing. cause the charge slows down at the end, so it literally was a nerf to her nothing more. with full natural tallent (a must for this frame) the charge time is the same 3 seconds before and after the so called buff.

and the fall after you cast the 4 from hover can not be canceled I have tried everything, it's a hard fall no matter what.

53 minutes ago, Operator_of_the_Lotus said:

and the fall after you cast the 4 from hover can not be canceled I have tried everything, it's a hard fall no matter what.

Yeah... no you avoid hard landing with her 4 the same way you cancel all other momentum less hard landings.

1 hour ago, Operator_of_the_Lotus said:

Aim Gliding after you released her 4 in the Air can fix the hard landing and give you enough time to charge her 1 while hovering in the same spot.

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

exactly like they did with Khora and Revenant... garuda is the third frame in a row with serious issues in role and concept

there are no concept issues. de used to make concepts as pure as they can, now they are trying to mix them slightly. thats not an issue, thats artistic direction. they dont have to exactly follow an archetype all the time or at all.

khoras role is very clearly cc, and shes one of the better frames for it rn. having a bit of damage and support thrown in doesnt really change that. revenant is a bruiser with a bit of everything, and thats far from being a new frame exclusive thing. so no, i disagree with those being issues. 

whats the issue is the OP having no real point whatsoever. the charge time is a very significant change, there are several ways to get out of the animation lock as mentioned, and the "nerf", while definitely not needed, is not even noteworthy. the thing has a massive range already(which is unnerfed), and if you cant get enemies fit in 90 degree cone, you dont deserve an 120 degree cone either. 

Edited by Zeclem

12 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

while definitely not needed, is not even noteworthy. the thing has a massive range already(which is unnerfed)

Pretty much, but regarding the range the punch through is something that should actually be looked at. Sometimes it goes through absolutely everything and at other times a single fence stops it.

Edited by catalyst22

2 minutes ago, catalyst22 said:

Pretty much, but regarding the range the punch through is something that should actually be looked at. Sometimes it goes through absolutely everything and at other times a single fence stops it.

i never had that issue personally, but i might as well just be lucky. 

Sorry, but it doesn't feel like much of a nerf to me, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only time when that full angle is useful is when you're very close to the enemies. But the shield doesn't protect as much, so jumping/rolling backwards is what I'd do there, anyway.

I personally can't find a reason to press' 4 anymore. I am a big fan of the ability but it was already situational before and it's even more situational now. You need to find a situation where your 1 doesn't flat out deletes what surrounds you, where enough enemies can be marked (long corridors mostly), where your team doesn't delete said corridor faster than your cast, where there's no shield to mitigate its application, at a level where slash has enough of an impacr and ironically, after a certain level, in a location where standing still doesn't mean death.

I was "fine" with its frontal aspect since it surely was to balance the combo but it was taken to a point where if 0.01% of the situations in this game justify its usage it's already a lot and I dont even think reversing it would really fix the situation at this point. The level at which it's worth using more often is too high and its animation against said enemy creates too much potential exposure. This ability really need a buff now and not just a small one. 

19 hours ago, catalyst22 said:

Well, i can kinda see it on specific maps. Helene for example was a little more comfortable with the wider angle.

Defense kind of maps are far easier to clear with her 1 as long as you don't build her as a tank, even hydron has that situation where simply spamming 1 on a target will yield better results way past the casual 10-20 waves and I think it talks about the ability conflict she has right now. The damage on her 4 is currently useless, you either use her 4 to boost your 1 or you don't (and mostly you don't), that damage needs to either affect anti-ability barriers to reduce their size like normal attacks would or it needs to disappear and make the debuff AoE at full cast. 

Well imho, her 4 has its place. It can also be used on its own to make the big threats softer and allows for more equipment options.

For example, I now have a Radiation loadout on my Corinth which is great against Grineer Alloy, of course, but only partially effective against Corrupted. It's good against Bombards, Lancers, Ancient healer auras (rad proc), bad against Heavy Gunners and Shields.

Quick Simulacrum test (Pistol Amp Aura, 100% Passive), level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunners:

• Without Seeking Talons: It takes more than one magazine to kill a level 100 CHG (all aimed at the head), and the airburst is only good for CC, it barely even scratches them.
  • With her Seeking Talons, however, one shot is enough to kill one on the 2nd tick, and two airburst magazines can potentially kill a whole group.

So I guess that's not very flashy, but it gets the job done.

I dont think anyone denies that Garuda can dish out high damage, the problem is the time to do that.

I just went to simulacrum, spawnt 2 heavy gunners 100 and killed in 4 sec bodyshots one, 3 sec head the other. Kohm. 7 sec body and head arca plasmor. 5 sec body and 3 sec head quartakk.  4 sec body, 3 sec head tenora. 6 sec body, 3 sec head tigris prime. 3 sec body, 2 sec head synapse. etc. 

Most have some rivens, but I didnt check any modsetups (so some were hushed) or tried several times. Just some guns without any preperation to test things. 

No imagine this with 4 pugs and garuda will have problems to debuff and kill stuff.

Or, I leveled weps in hydron and played Mesa, I noticed some lv 27 Garuda standing at the defense target and spamming the ultimate. And I noticed... nothing. Well it was Mesa, things just popped.

4 hours ago, Fiewel said:

Or, I leveled weps in hydron and played Mesa, I noticed some lv 27 Garuda standing at the defense target and spamming the ultimate. And I noticed... nothing. Well it was Mesa, things just popped.

A example of a bad Garuda. Her 4 is more designed to be used with your Weapons or her 1.  Mesa can kill enemies like any other Exalted Weapon Frame so there’s different Mechanics to use.

Garuda, like most/all of recent Warframe Abilities or Ability adjustments, are purpose designed for low effort success in sewercamping several hour long Missions.
that's where the functionality of most of these Abilities actually is 'needed'/has a definite use. that they are ultimately little to zero input from the Player win buttons for Enemies of that Level notwithstanding since that's a different Thread.

whether they hold to be practical or useful to use in Solar Map Missions seems to be quite variable and not of much consequence.
it'd be nice if Abilities were less automatic and more interactive, but the game seems adamant on going the other way.