Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pax Seeker projectiles collide with everything

Reifnir

Just as the title says. After the Nullifier fix, Pax Seeker projectiles now collide (and desintegrate on contact) with pretty much anything. Ceiling, ramps, doors, walls...

Since seeker projectile pathing is pretty much always "straight up - then curve around to seek targets" this means that currently, this arcane is effectively useless in any indoor environments. Yes, projectiles do spawn, but more often than not they just harmlessly hit some level geometry and dissipate. 

Is this intended (and Pax Seeker is meant for "roofless" maps only) or we can hope for a fix?

Edited by Reifnir
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's obvious it was intended for balancing out its damage potential but.. after playing with it for quite a while, it seems quite useless in most situations, this definitely needs to be fixed, otherwise it will stay to be the worst pax arcane. 

Edited by Karu-QW
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-02 at 10:12 AM, Reifnir said:

Just as the title says. After the Nullifier fix, Pax Seeker projectiles now collide (and desintegrate on contact) with pretty much anything. Ceiling, ramps, doors, walls...

Since seeker projectile pathing is pretty much always "straight up - then curve around to seek targets" this means that currently, this arcane is effectively useless in any indoor environments. Yes, projectiles do spawn, but more often than not they just harmlessly hit some level geometry and dissipate. 

Is this intended (and Pax Seeker is meant for "roofless" maps only) or we can hope for a fix?

Nullifiers ruining the fun in warframe?  Who'd have thought it.

I do hope this gets fixed though, DE shouldn't be breaking parts of the game just because the nullifiers might be impacted.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this was intended to balance it's power, but honestly this arcane is completely useless in indoor tiles...and most tiles in the entire game are indoor...I guess we can only wait for some official word from DE.

Edit: I would even prefer the max rank arcane having only 2 projectiles, if they both actually hit an enemy every time...it feels really bad to score a headshot and see all 4 projectiles going into the nearest wall...

Edited by HalidarSilvercloud

• 2 weeks later...

When I invested in Pax Seeker I expected the generated Seeker projectiles would behave like the projectiles of the weapon of origin to a reasonable extent.

When I'm thinking about it now, it even seems like a more interesting way for them to behave.  Gaze Seekers should branch immediate beams to enemies in range, Catchmoon blasts should splatter off of the initial target to secondary targets, Rattleguts and Tombfinger shots should split and ricochet toward whatever is closest.