Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I hate index.

Souchira

The game is about fast movement but for some reason the Vauban vortex grenades where on sale at the corpus store near the index.

750+ hours in the game and I tried index many times but I can't handle this.

Having the control of your warframe taken away just feels really S#&$ty and if that happens rarely, its impactful and adds to the experience but when it happens ever 5 seconds it just feel really really really bad.

I mean its insane I'd rather stay in a random mission for an hour and get 1/10th of the credits than spend 5 minutes dealing with this S#&$.

Difficultly and annoyance are not the same.

Disclaimer: Written while pissed.

So....being CC by the AI is the problem if i am reading your post right?  Thank god none of them are like nyx.

Anyhow did you try shooting said grenade to release your self?

Good frames: Ash, Gara, (Pretty sure harrows chains still work), and khora all work well.  Why gara and khora, set your glass wall on index turn in and they can nt score.  Khora same thing but much more fun to watch, and she has a whip.  Ash fetal teleport.

Edited by Soulvengeance

Okay, I cooled down a bit. But seriously, I've been struggling with credits for forever even though you can make more money from Index in a hour than you can in a day of doing anything else. With no real alternatives that come even close to Index rewards I'm really struggling. I have close to 100k+ endo stored away I can't use due to lack of credits.

And its not about survival, I don't die and its not about not being to kill I one or two shoot all enemies. I can do Index and win without a problem but it just feel so bad for me.

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

You know you can shoot the center of the vortex?

And you actually just can move out of it lol...

Actually, I did not. I just roll out of them but they are often pretty close together so I spend more time just rolling out of vortexes than actually doing anything else.

And I know I'm over exaggerating a bit to get my this of my chest, but can't we get something that doesn't mess with your movement ever 10~20 seconds cause it really doesn't feel good.

And don't get me wrong, its not the difficulty, I don't have any problems with scoring or killing enemies. Its that the control of my warframe is taken away way more often than I'm comfortable with.

Edited by Souchie

1 minute ago, Soulvengeance said:

I am noob I just use ignis in there and hold the trigger all day while running around.  Never notice the orbs since.

Yeah, I might have to do something like that, I've been using the tigris and it oneshots enemies no problems but its not made for hitting small targets like grenades floating in the air.

Maybe I'll just add the Atomos as a secondary to counter it. But I do think that the enemy CC really makes the game mode an annoying chore while there is no reason for it to be that way. It doesn't add any real difficulty, its just an annoyance. I'll take knockdown grenades, stun grenades, flashbang grenades and basically any other form of CC over this.

Rolling away is preaty easy when there is only one and, in my experiance, there is ussualy only one... Then again, all the pubs I get matched with leave on wave one, wave two if I am lucky, so I wouldn't know if the number of vortex 'nades increases.

Not a really big fan of the mode either thanks to those fffff* normies...I just want John's autograph :sad:

Yeah.. I think its kinda telling that I would rather spend an hour in a random mission and get a fraction of the credits I would get in the index in 10 minutes.

Or that I would rather coordinate an 8 player pub team in the old raids than spend 10 minutes doing this.

At this point even winning index doesn't feel like a victory, it feels like a loss because I'm just going to be frustrated and have little interest of doing it again.

Ohh well guess this was my yearly check-in on index.. 
Never again until changes are made.

Edited by Souchie

On 2018-12-03 at 6:46 AM, Soulvengeance said:

So....being CC by the AI is the problem if i am reading your post right?  Thank god none of them are like nyx.

OMG could you imagine? Most tenno can't handle self damage on a gun so friendly fire would be a massacre.

sir as you know you can shot that vortex before it triggers or after it trigger so that you don't have to suck into it so best option if you don't wanna shot it just press 5 go to op mode when it pull you that why you can escape without wasting time as for index they make it better because we don't have to wait for CD or suicide for CD like before + no need to restart mission again and again tnx

On 2018-12-02 at 7:32 PM, Souchie said:

750+ hours in the game and I tried index many times but I can't handle this.

Everyone hates Index, it's like poor Conclave against spammy bots. It only gets played because, as you say, it's the best way to get money.

Most annoyingly none of the advanced gameplay with operators and such, and very little energy rules out most frames. 

However, credit booster, Rhino, decent shotgun, set off iron skin as soon as you can, you can win most matches in < 10 mins (more if you get the enemies hiding on the other side of the map AI glitch), play it until you booster runs out.

If you have a team it's much quicker: go Mesa (who never picks up points) and Rhino (who picks them all up) and you can get it much quicker.

On 2018-12-06 at 4:04 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Everyone hates Index, it's like poor Conclave against spammy bots. It only gets played because, as you say, it's the best way to get money.

Most annoyingly none of the advanced gameplay with operators and such, and very little energy rules out most frames. 

However, credit booster, Rhino, decent shotgun, set off iron skin as soon as you can, you can win most matches in < 10 mins (more if you get the enemies hiding on the other side of the map AI glitch), play it until you booster runs out.

If you have a team it's much quicker: go Mesa (who never picks up points) and Rhino (who picks them all up) and you can get it much quicker.

i solo index and dont go past round 1. the reward is the same the only difference is the more you go the more OHKO and sponge. no thanks. round 1 and done. i use mirage and staticor. one barrage will kill a whole group.

Edit: im on the side that wants the removal of health and shield reduction while carrying points.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

22 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i solo index and dont go past round 1. the reward is the same the only difference is the more you go the more OHKO and sponge. no thanks. round 1 and done. i use mirage and staticor. one barrage will kill a whole group.

Yes, round 1, leave, repeat mission until your credit booster runs out. It would only be worth staying of the later matches paid out a lot more.

22 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Edit: im on the side that wants the removal of health and shield reduction while carrying points.

I think the idea is that carrying lots of points is risky, so you have a constant risk-reward balance. That's what makes a lot of games fun but here it means low energy tanks are the only strategy, which is boring.

I think if you remove them both you remove the risk, which makes it even more grindy and boring.

I'd probably keep the health reduction but both do away with the energy leech and make energy orbs less miserly - you'd still need tanks to score, but other strategies would open up (hysterical Valkyr, shield Gara, etc) other than Rhino, iron skin, score once it runs out and repeat.

I think Index is probably my least favourite game mode (that I've actually played, I don't think it's even possible to get into a Lunaro match on X1).

2 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, round 1, leave, repeat mission until your credit booster runs out. It would only be worth staying of the later matches paid out a lot more.

I think the idea is that carrying lots of points is risky, so you have a constant risk-reward balance. That's what makes a lot of games fun but here it means low energy tanks are the only strategy, which is boring.

I think if you remove them both you remove the risk, which makes it even more grindy and boring.

I'd probably keep the health reduction but both do away with the energy leech and make energy orbs less miserly - you'd still need tanks to score, but other strategies would open up (hysterical Valkyr, shield Gara, etc) other than Rhino, iron skin, score once it runs out and repeat.

I think Index is probably my least favourite game mode (that I've actually played, I don't think it's even possible to get into a Lunaro match on X1).

that is fair ^_^