Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Pursuit Mission Frustrations

(XBOX)Kain119

Though my intention is not to badmouth this game, I truly love this game.. I have to say that I really dislike the Archwing Pursuit missions, like Pandora on Saturn.

My issues with these missions run a pretty varied list.. but I will try and cover it all in a rational way

1: The Target ship is faster and maneuvers better than the Archwing making it exceedingly frustrating to keep up, as it zips around the rocks and in loops around asteroids and other debris, also its pretty much impossible to hit the engines when the ship keeps turning to face you and has its back towards the asteroids where you cant get too, or shoot through. 

2: The areas you are able to attack the target are far too small and need to be larger or have a larger hit box. I for 10 minutes straight was shooting the target ships engines with no effect to stopping it.. and the rare times I did disable the engines the ship would still move. and the targets for taking the ship out after disabling the engine are even smaller and harder to hit as the ship still moves. I would say, make the entire ship a something you can hit., and the damage all works to disable the engine, and then a few larger hit areas for the second part to destroy the ship would make the mechanic more enjoyable, I'd say it is fair to say that one likes fighting things that are pretty much invincible.

3: The amount of mines and turrets, enemies that continually appear to disable, distract, and harass the player border on ridiculous. I've watched the ship launch mine after mine after mine, and getting caught up by 5-6 mines in a row will kill you easily. Even if you feel like you avoided them.

I think the mission idea is a good idea. I like the idea and think more variety like this would really keep Archwings enjoyable and keep people wanting to play. But with the way this mission is crafted. I really think it detracts from the game, more than it brings too it.

Maybe I'm only part of a small list of people that feel this way. But I cant tell you how many times I've joined a squad and failed again and again attempting this mission. Challenging mission are a good thing, to a degree.

while the number of mines the Persuit Ship drops can be ??? at times, the rest of the Persuit Mission is pretty much just tuned towards Players that do actually have some Archwing Mods already.
if you level your Equipment and play some of the other Gamemodes first to get atleast some of the basic Mods, you'll have a much smoother experience. (fyi unlike the rest of the game where many Damage Types are powerful, Corrosive Damage is mandatory on all Archwing Weapons because almost every single Archwing Enemy has Ferrite Armor)

additionally, some Weapons may not be a great option for Persuit overall depending on your experience level of controlling Archwing. for example, the Damage Falloff that Imperator receives over distance means it can struggle enormously if you aren't keeping close to the target. especially if you are infact almost entirely or entirely without Archwing Mods(and ergo your Weapon deals very low Damage).

in a game generally about being mostly AFK while spamming AoE's, i'm more than happy that Persuit is different - where Weakpoints/Body Part Multipliers are actually important and bee-lining to your Objective is not the ideal method of transportation.

i remember when i was stuck on pandora while i was trying to unlock all nodes i can on saturn
i remember i had HUGE problem and i was stack there for few nice hours
do you think i did come to forums and cry about it?
nah i did not
in fact i did start to level my imperator and odonata i upgraded some archwing mods (which took nice few hours) and guess what?
it was not like i was pursuing some ship but more like some S#&$ was trying to escape from me
i was destroying so fast mission was done before it even started
and just then after cursing this stupid mission i realized that it was just as with normal gameplay 
i did go into mission unprepared my mods were to low or even i had wrong mods on

so whats your problem again?

2 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

i remember when i was stuck on pandora while i was trying to unlock all nodes i can on saturn
nah i did not
in fact i did start to level my imperator and odonata i upgraded some archwing mods (which took nice few hours) and guess what?
it was not like i was pursuing some ship but more like some S#&$ was trying to escape from me
and just then after cursing this stupid mission i realized that it was just as with normal gameplay 
i did go into mission unprepared my mods were to low or even i had wrong mods on

At core, I agree with you here. But this is a forum and this was a lot of shaming and generally being a Donkey to the guy. Probably should have just said "Make sure your stuff is leveled and get some mods on, you'll have a better time." 

Since this is a general Feedback forum for the game, and not me just listing my lack of skill or mods or anything, you guys are all welcome to assume whatever you'd like about me. Not that I really mind. Though I will say that I have already completed the mission multiple times in the past. I am MR19 and have the gear and mods to complete this mission easily. I am simply stating issues that I feel hinder this game type for players new and old. I have seen plenty of players quit out of the mission, or look for someone to get them through it because it is too challenging and on top of that glitchy. With the ship getting stuck on the asteroids or debris and facing its engine in a way that makes it so you cannot hit it. I do appreciate the suggestions though. Thats the sort of community that should exist in a game. Not really the ish talkers that just wanna assume your a scrub for having an opinion. Anyways the this is the last time I'll check or respond to this. As Ive stated before this was my feedback for devs. Not for you players

59 minutes ago, (PS4)LordBartimus said:

At core, I agree with you here. But this is a forum and this was a lot of shaming and generally being a Donkey to the guy. Probably should have just said "Make sure your stuff is leveled and get some mods on, you'll have a better time." 

thx when i start to feel i need help on how to use this forum, be sure i ask for your opinion but at this point i don't recall doing such a thing
so plz keep your words of wisdom for yourself

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Kain119 said:

Since this is a general Feedback forum for the game, and not me just listing my lack of skill or mods or anything, you guys are all welcome to assume whatever you'd like about me. Not that I really mind. Though I will say that I have already completed the mission multiple times in the past. I am MR19 and have the gear and mods to complete this mission easily. I am simply stating issues that I feel hinder this game type for players new and old. I have seen plenty of players quit out of the mission, or look for someone to get them through it because it is too challenging and on top of that glitchy. With the ship getting stuck on the asteroids or debris and facing its engine in a way that makes it so you cannot hit it. I do appreciate the suggestions though. Thats the sort of community that should exist in a game. Not really the ish talkers that just wanna assume your a scrub for having an opinion. Anyways the this is the last time I'll check or respond to this. As Ive stated before this was my feedback for devs. Not for you players

perfect example
its what i would call a noob filter since if you quit something because you can't do it or you are too lazy to find a solution
than no 1 should cry about you (its not directly pointed to you)
i was attempting warframe like 4 times before i started to dig how it works
i could lose any interest in it after 3rd time since its not noob friendly and we all starts as nooblets since all menus and stuff here are literally rocket science for us at beggning
but either you give up or you look for a solution

and on top of that
if this mission would be even half easier imagine how it would look after you upgrade your stuff
after i get fluctus put into it proper mods and upgraded them i was and still am able to stop ship even before it start running away (unless they patched it)
and rest is my flying around and smashing E

I also remember when i was around level 17 with my 1st frame i had same problem with regular missions i just could not do them because they were too hard
and problem was not in difficulty but was in my mods
they were low and not upgraded 
and just after i started to upgrade them i asked ppl what to put on excalibur (since that was my starting frame) i started to do some decent damage and was able to tank incoming damage
which resulted in finishing missions without a problem

so in the end i believe no 1 is saying here you are noob but ppl just points you out to weapons and archwing or solutions thx to which your argument just don't stand strong

Honestly, if everything was that easy and can be completed by a new player with an unmodded weapon, then why rank up the mods/guns/frames or get a better gun?

Pursuit has a very specific meta to cheese it. It is nothing more than a gear check which can be solved by a visit to the dojo and some trading, after which one camps Salacia.

If you can do it already, I don't see why the complaints unless it is giving you carpal tunnel mashing buttons.

• 3 years later...
On 2018-12-03 at 4:47 AM, ZeroX4 said:

nah i did not

Yikes, this is just embarrassing

• 5 months later...

I know its old thread but people really attacking him for saying the mission isnt fun, which it isnt. Compare it to litteraly any railjack mission and its obvious how un fun these missions are. A "gear check" in a game all about variety and personal customization is idiotic and counterintuitive. He wasnt saying "please make this easier wah wah" he was saying "These are the reasons i find this mission unfun" ffs so much negativity

• 5 months later...
On 2018-12-03 at 3:18 AM, ZeroX4 said:

thx when i start to feel i need help on how to use this forum, be sure i ask for your opinion but at this point i don't recall doing such a thing
so plz keep your words of wisdom for yourself

So if he wants to get on here to complain then it's his right to, you didn't have to comment but you did, you have small pp energy written all over you, get out your mother's basement and lighten  up