Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo clan content lock

I'm a 100% solo player and I'm tired of content being locked behind the clans dojo cause me and other people can't get to it and I'm deffinently not going to pay for Xbox gold every month. I wish that DE would take this into account cause it really is a problem. There sould be a setting for a player to make it a true  "solo clan". I can't even make the archwing launcher! so plz DE try to make this a thing, cause I know that a lot of people can't fully experience warframe without the use of a dojo.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)headshot4346013 said:

I can go and make a clan but I can't go to the dojo 

Did you make a clan key?  There should be a BP in the foundry.

It has become slightly easier to create a starting dojo with the introduction of the inspiration halls but be careful as you are limited to 3.

19 minutes ago, Mungnir said:

Did you make a clan key?  There should be a BP in the foundry.

It has become slightly easier to create a starting dojo with the introduction of the inspiration halls but be careful as you are limited to 3.

Yes ive made a clan key and it never lets me in its says my account isn't correctly set up and it says to go to settings so I went to my settings and everything looked just fine

I made a clan and all the research-stuff needed solo just a few months ago, should definitely be possible today. As I understand, things are a lot cheaper to build too as long as it's considered a ghost-clan (not more than 9 members, and not building certain halls). The cost is really not that bad imo, but it takes a week or two to build it all. You'll need at least about 15 forma or so though, depending on what you want to build, so either farm that first or buy with plat. There are some good tutorials on youtube that will tell you all about what you should build for the most basic/cheap dojo.

I believe the issue that the OP is having, stems from the fact that Xbox requires players to have Xbox Live Gold, in order to access “multiplayer” content. That would include dojos, as those are technically a multiplayer space, much like relays. PS4 does not have this issue, as PS Plus is not required to play Warframe on that platform. 

OP- While I can appreciate your frustration at feeling locked out of content, the requirement for Xbox Gold is on Microsoft’s side, not DE’s. Accessing dojos and relays requires connecting to the servers that house them, which is part of the multiplayer side of Xbox.

If you don’t play any other online based games, or want access to the free games each month, then the extra cost for Gold can be a bit high. Gold goes on sale fairly regularly though, such as during the recent Black Friday sales.

It’s generally a better deal to pay for a full year, as opposed to month-to-month. But if you only intend to go hardcore on WF for a month or two, then grabbing a month of Gold to get clan items taken care of, might be worth it. Pay for a month, grab up all the dojo weapons, frames, archwings, etc, and then you’re good to go. Kinda like paying for a month of EA Access, or Xbox Games Pass, just to play a few things for the month, and canceling the subscription after.

I’d even be willing to offer you temp access to my clan dojo, to buy the BP’s you want. I am missing a few things however, as I already owned everything before I built my one woman dojo. I honestly completed the research again for the fun of it, for anything that didn’t have insane requirements (looking at you, Hema). 

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ooohhh. 

Well that's dumb on DE's part.  OP is right, they should make the dojo soloable.

I think It's more apt to blame Microsofts policy than it is DEs. 

Tho in general the whole console shtick of charging their playerbase to use their own bandwidth is preposterous in the first place.It'd be a whole different ballpark if it was Microsoft doing the heavy lifting but all they are doing is playing middleman between the Player and the DE matchmaking servers and then the Player and the Player once the P2P connection has been established. 

Meanwhile their user base seems to thank them for and it's like watching a case of stockholm syndrome.

@(XB1)headshot4346013

If it turns out not to be, you have a couple options.

Purchase a short time on live, join a clan, grab all the bps, then when it runs out, you should be good to go.   There are clans out there that don't mind this sort of thing, at least for players with a reason for it.

If for whatever reason you cannot purchase live.   A "free" way to get a month, or longer time depending.  You will need to use Edge.  If you join Microsofts Rewards, answer their daily questions, use bing to search.  This will accumulate points through their system.   Which can be used for assorted purposes and purchases.   One of which is Xbox Live Gold pass's for a month.   Sometimes they are on reduced price as well.   So if you save up your points, and in WF save up your resources, credits and ducats.   Then when the time comes, spend away,

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

I think It's more apt to blame Microsofts policy than it is DEs. 

Tho in general the whole console shtick of charging their playerbase to use their own bandwidth is preposterous in the first place.It'd be a whole different ballpark if it was Microsoft doing the heavy lifting but all they are doing is playing middleman between the Player and the DE matchmaking servers and then the Player and the Player once the P2P connection has been established. 

Meanwhile their user base seems to thank them for and it's like watching a case of stockholm syndrome.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It was likely something DE needed to fold to if they wanted Warframe on Xbox I wouldn't think they could just circumvent it either without repercussion at least. It's Microsoft's fault not DE's.

DE designated the dojo as a multiplayer domain, all they have to do is change that. 

Why would Microsoft even care? Its deteimental to the solo players as it locks them out of a chunk of the gamr.  It discourages people bothering when they feel forced to pay for things. 

Because Microsoft wants money. Xbox live money. They don't word it as a detriment they'll sell it as a way to "enhance" the experience with Xbox gold. So yes they would care if a pretty big mmo just circumvented something established a while back at the very least there'd be some long talks it's not just "oh just change it" when you're messing with the money of people who allow you to put your game on the platform. Microsoft could just pull Warframe off if they feel wronged or something in whatever agreement was original made was broken. And at the end of the day it'd hurt DE way more than Microsoft. 

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

DE designated the dojo as a multiplayer domain, all they have to do is change that. 

Why would Microsoft even care? Its deteimental to the solo players as it locks them out of a chunk of the gamr.  

I'm assuming there is a reason for that be it technical issues that made it extremely difficult for them to partition it as a single player zone or because Microsoft flat out said "If you want to be on our platform, this is how it is". 

I'm kinda leaning towards the latter because if it was something they could have done I think it would have been top priority to do it. 

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

It discourages people bothering when they feel forced to pay for things. 

Which is one of the many reasons I dropped Consoles at the original Xbox, Ps2 and Wii. 

Pretty much the gens after that ditched all the benefits of "true" consoles, Just put it in and it works, not needing to worry about dealing with firmware or software patching aaaand they charge you a monthly fee to use your own bandwidth because practically no games these days actually take on the expense of running dedicated servers. Even then it would be unlikely to be on the console holders dime but they're the ones who are charging you the fee. I remember the epiphany hitting me one day when I was loading up PSO on my Xbox that not only was I paying SEGA a monthly fee to play PSO but I was paying Microsoft a monthly fee for the privilege of paying SEGA...... 

So at this point Consoles all of the failings and none of the benefits of PC, the literal only thing they still have going for them is exclusives. Which I constantly find myself looking at an exclusive game and thinking "Is that single game really enough to justify spending $300-700 on hardware?" and yeah I'd probably play other games if I had it but other games I can get elsewhere. Add to that the additional charge if those exclusives have any sort of online component. Which I'd end up having to pay an additional monthly fee for what amounts to a Peer to Peer connection. No thanks. 

Reminder that DE isn't at fault here.
Can you blame them for delayed releases?
Of course not. So why would you blame for classifying Dojos as a multiplayer domain, when this could be very well Microsoft's doing? DE was never known as a malicious company to do things like these. (Even if they have made mistakes.)

Edited by krekireftw

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Urlan:

Yeah, unless a bug was introduced in the last few patches, making a solo clan is highly possible though it will cost a hefty number of forma, time, and other resources!

not really? have my own clan... yes you need a forma for every room, correct, but if you not level up your clan, the build costs are... lame... 

1 hour ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

not really? have my own clan... yes you need a forma for every room, correct, but if you not level up your clan, the build costs are... lame... 

Well I did it...so there's no reason you can't.

You have two choices - either farm forma or buy it in bundles like I did (35 plat for 3).

Yes it took time and a lot of resources...but I built all the labs and can now research anything I want to. In fact the last thing I built was the Grattler for my Archwing.

So don't moan about content being "locked". Its perfectly do-able. You just have to put a bit of effort in, or by some platinum now and again.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

The only real downside to having solo clan, as I've done it for over a year, is the Hema, Knux, and event unlocks if DE goes back to putting effort into them.  Farming Hemacytes and Animo beacons was utterly boring by myself.  The build times even with the few dozen forma can be trivial if you stockpile them.

The main problem with the Hema and Knux is simply having to donate ludicrous resources for subpar weapons, which is terrible for everyone regardless if you are by yourself or even worse for larger clans.

I do sympathize with op though, Clan dojos are an investment and unless you actually feel attached to it, I'd rather just have limited build options per Clan dojo based on size rank and give the Solo clans a trivial name like Sprite or something with a 5% discount.  Honestly the only reason I bothered to do this was for my own clan emblem, and then I stopped being solo to let my friends have a fairly active clan with no rank or build restrictions because screw it.

As it is my dojo is just a gigantic tube, and one of the longest hallways you've ever seen.