Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL-Changes: Mastery Rank

Y4h1kO

Dear Warframe Team, Dear Community,

To be clear: I consider myself yet quite new in the community of Warframe but this doesn´t change anything in regard to this topic (I suppose).

As the title suggests I am indeed having a hard time with the mastery rank up system. My point is not just throwing around empty phrases but to mention it from my own perspective and try to suggest my own ideas. I actually never took to a forum before because I always thought "Why would the Dev's even care about my opinion?". A friend tho persuaded me to give it a try because he told me that the Devs in WF are actually reading forum posts and take suggestions into account.

To my core problem: I have been playing this game a lot in the last few weeks. I enjoy how it works and the world it gives me to play in (or better worlds). What makes me annoyed and sad tho is the feeling that im starting to get when I see that the Item i want to use so much requires rank 11 while I am 8. 

So now to the bread and butter of this. I love spending my time in Warframe and I am pretty certain it will leave a long lasting experience for me. BUT: The mastery rank system as it is feels very punishing to me. I have no realistic idea on how to reach 11 in a given time. so the result is: It forces me into a cycle-grind beyond imagination to get the few points out of weapons and frames which literally feels like f*cking S#&$. Or i spend platinum on the game to level faster. And as much as I do get that this progression system is supposed to make people play the game longer or more, I have to say that it does the exact opposite with me. Which makes me really sad because I like the game itself very much as I stated in the beginning.

But this is only a newb's and a Layman's opinion. Towards the froum: What do you guys have to say about it? Does anyone feel similar? And also to the Devs: I would welcome a response of yours as well because it would possibly give me more understanding in regard of my issue. But for now have a good one, peace out.

Yahiko

58 minutes ago, Y4h1kO said:

...Or i spend platinum on the game to level faster....

That's the business model.

the game is free to play, which means DE (the company) needs to make their income on platinum purchases.

Think of buying Boosters, etc that reduce the grind as a Subscription Payment.

If you like the game, consider subscribing. But no use complaining about a grind that you haven't paid for anyway.

Just an opinion mind you, not representing anyone elses view. I do not believe WF is designed to be played in a short timeframe, I see and hear alot of players that want everything to be accessible as soon as they start playing. To me, it is no different than most any other game, you start out with weaker, minimum equipment, and the more effort you put in, the better stuff you get tp play with. Most games created nowdays are set up with 30 to 60 hours of gameplay with a defined beggining and end. WF is set up to be played over thousands of hours and doesn't have a defined end. It's all in the perspective. MR is not hard to accumulate, 3000xp per weapon, 6000 per frame, archwing, pets, sentinals, and even just exploration give MR xp. I know some who take a MR test every 2 or 3 days til they reach MR18 or so at which point everything is basicaly unlocked. Others take weeks to raise just 1 level. WF is a grind fest, it has always been and not likely to change. It is kinda up to you and what you are willing to put in.

Join a good clan, with all the researched equipment, xp with friends or clanmates, if you want things fast, it is doable, but requires effort. I prefer to not have a game where I own everything in a few weeks of play, I like the grind, and that it takes alot of effort to do well. I would humbly disagree that MR needs to be easier.

It's to stop new players instantly having access to the most powerful weapons when they don't need them and to give them something to work towards with the hope that'll make them play longer.

I remember being mr8 and looking at things like the arca plasmor, amprex, ignis wraith etc and itching to get my hands on them.  I realised I had to wait though and work towards that goal.  I used things like the hek, sobek, orthos prime, cassowar, soma etc, all good weapons more than capable of clearing the star chart.

Plus, levelling isn't hard.  Just build weapons and always have one in your load out that's being levelled.  If you don't like it dump it once it's at 30 and start a new one.  Build the frames that you can and get them levelled up and learn to play them.  You'll be at lvl 10-12 in no time.   Remember sentinels count towards mr at the same rate as warframe.  As do pets.  

Don't expect everything to be handed to you though.  You have to earn these weapons and while doing so you get better at the game.  

Im not complainign about spending time in warframe. I actually want to spend time in the game. The part im concerned about is: The grind in warframe is not rewarding at all when ur just going to level one weapon after the next. It feels S#&$ to just stand there and doing and absolutely content empty grind wepaon by weapon for hours and days just to reach the next mastery rank. My complaint is not about it being there, I actually think its good that end game content and weapons are gated, But as a player myself I want to see that i achieved something. I would like to complete certain challenges in order to get mastery points instead of the dull frame/weapon grind im facing right now. And as said, I enjoy warframe everytime I play it but I want more to love about the game. And an absolutely rewardless grind just feels more like wasting my time than spending it. And I understand that this is their marketing model. But DE made a name for themselves in a world where our AAA publishers #*!% up over and over again. This is basically the only reason why I wanted to adress that because I think with more QoL many more people could enjoy this game. That doesnt mean that I want it more "casual friendly" but if anyone argues like that I have tosay: NO a total grind of grinds doesnt make a game less casual. but the last part is only a side note.

I will try to formulate my thoughts into a coherent form and write it down right here. So please dont prejudge what im saying and give me the chance to fully explain myself. Just gimme a few days.

Edited by Y4h1kO
forgot something.

I agree that just constantly levelling weapons can be boring.  It's not something I'm into but I do see many players just constantly running Helene/Hydron etc to do this in order to gain Mr.  These players are actually missing out on playing the game though.  Sure, they'll get to mr16 (at which point everything in the game is unlocked) a bit quicker, but they won't know how to do anything else.  

Just have one weapon in your load out that you're levelling and play the game normally and have fun.  Then by the time you get to 16 you'll be a much better player than those who just power levelled.  Plus along the way you might find weapons that you enjoy that maybe aren't the meta, increasing your fun further.

There are plenty high mr players who are garbage with little understanding of the game because they live in hydron. 

I would agree that if all you are doing to rank weapons is running Hydron, I'd get bored too. Mix things up, run endless relics when they are available, get some reward for your effort. Regular Onslaught can level items quickly and lots of focus there. Spy missions if you stealth them, give good xp. You can just play normal wearing 1 or 2 things always ranking up. I would add that just because a weapon is MR locked very high, doesn't mean it is the best or that you can't play very well without it. Good modding can make many lower MR weapons very good to use, and there are alot of them. Warframe is designed to try to keep you playing a long time, if you try to rush that, it is easily done, but can suck the fun out of the game.

Just voicing an opinion, I'm not judging the OP or trying to be critical of how others play the game.