Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor bouncing off Gara's shield

crdf

Hi,

I have not been able to find info if this is intended. Other weapons pass through the shield both ways (unlike frost), however Arca bounces off of it from either side, which to me it makes these two incompatible. I am not using vicious spread.

59 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

This is STILL a thing? Thought that was fixed about a month or so ago? Well, good im not using the newer version of the Arca Plasmor anymore (for reasons beeing obvious, the old system was superior in my opinion)

I am not that old of a player. I just got that gun and I absolutely love it. Soma being my strongest weapon before it. I would love to be able to use it with any frame. As it is - Gara becomes useless since I cannot use the shield.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-12-03 at 2:04 AM, crdf said:

Gara becomes useless since I cannot use the shield

Gara's shield is a red herring - it's fairly useful but not a patch on her 2.

With Gara:

a) fire her 2 (shards floating around her)

b) pop her 4 (shield), every time it extends the duration of her 2

c) jump outside her 4

d) hit it with a long press of her 1

Each time you repeat steps b-d you'll renew the time and increase the damage her 2 does and there's no upper limit. Gara can do millions of damage just by walking close to enemies.

You'll soon see this as the difference between new and expert Gara players. The former try to use her 4 as a defense, the latter smash it immediately and then run round killing everything.

• Like 1

I agree with what you say and I did not know all of that at the time of posting (now I do). I was just trying to level up my amp and I just like gara, I did not want to use frost for the mission I was doing. I cannot cast her 2 on my spoiler mode ...   And occasionally I will run into a gara or two who like to have their 4s up and I have arca. I know it is time for me to move on from the acra .... I am trying but I may have forgotten how to aim. 🙂

In any case it is not such a big deal, but it does seem like a bug and it is inconvenient sometimes. Esp when you try to hit a vent cover or two ...

Edited by crdf

• 1 month later...
On 2018-12-28 at 7:53 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Gara's shield is a red herring - it's fairly useful but not a patch on her 2.

With Gara:

a) fire her 2 (shards floating around her)

b) pop her 4 (shield), every time it extends the duration of her 2

c) jump outside her 4

d) hit it with a long press of her 1

Each time you repeat steps b-d you'll renew the time and increase the damage her 2 does and there's no upper limit. Gara can do millions of damage just by walking close to enemies.

You'll soon see this as the difference between new and expert Gara players. The former try to use her 4 as a defense, the latter smash it immediately and then run round killing everything.

this is why i love gara 90% dmg reduction and unlimited dmg scalng

• 3 weeks later...