Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split-second Freezes

McSkops

So recently I've been getting split-second freezes at the start of missions/waves. It will freeze for half a second shortly after entering a mission and then carry on as normal. The start of a new wave in defense does it as well. Something to do with spawns? This is similar to the freeze you would get when a new player loads into the mission, but this happens solo as well.

I've done the obvious like verifying etc. I've not changed anything with my PC or game settings either. I believe this started happening after update 24.0.10.

CPU: i5 4670K
GPU: EVGA SSC GTX 1060
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, McSkops said:

So recently I've been getting split-second freezes at the start of missions/waves. It will freeze for half a second shortly after entering a mission and then carry on as normal. The start of a new wave in defense does it as well. Something to do with spawns? This is similar to the freeze you would get when a new player loads into the mission, but this happens solo as well.

I've done the obvious like verifying etc. I've not changed anything with my PC or game settings either. I believe this started happening after update 24.0.10.

CPU: i5 4670K
GPU: EVGA SSC GTX 1060
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

I see something similiar to this too.
But almost exclusivly in ESO and mostly on certain maps. It usually happens about the same time on the same map everytime i re-run it.
A short freeze, maybe 250-400ms, while sound continues. Some maps it never happens, some several times.
Lately I've noticed it a few times in the Index also.

It seems related to when some enemies spawn in. In my case I'm sure it started with the Chimera update but might have gotten a bit worse lately.

I've gone back n forth with support for weeks about this but never found a real sollution.Tried absolutely everything.

I did find a work around and that's to disable multithreaded rendering in the launcher but that cuts like 40-45% of my FPS.
Which isn't a problem in 99% of the game but not optimal in Vallis.

I also have 16GB Corsair Vengeance. I dont think they're the problem though, since I've tried downclocking them along with the CPU and GPU.

I think something isn't really right with multithreaded rendering and Nvidia 10-series. (I have a 1070)