Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gantulyst/Hydrolist Hunting

(PSN)GL_alphamind

Question

I've never done Gantulst or Hydrolist hunting before so I have a lot of questions:

1) How difficult is it compared to the teralyst (I know there are more joints), how does it compare damage and health wise?
2) What recommended warframes are good for joining a random public lobby? (I generally run Oberon for the lures and use my Lanka Riven to deal major damage to teralyst)

My main concern is whether or not these fights are almost required to be done in a premade squad with warframe synergy rather than with a bunch of randoms who you find there warframes as you load the plains.

4 answers to this question

Randoms are good ish if you're only objective is to capture. Will fail 3/5 times but still might as well get used to team play from seeing what people are doing wrong and learning rather than seeing the meta and not understanding jack.

Its better to have 1 guy doing the damage 1 shotting limbs, everyones else manage lures or shields rather than everyone doing the same thing but inefficiently.

Stomp from Gantulyst that spawns those huge blinding beams are an easy newbie killer thats also easy to avoid so thats a new thing to watch out for. 

44 minutes ago, (PS4)GL_alphamind said:

1) How difficult is it compared to the teralyst (I know there are more joints), how does it compare damage and health wise?

It's considerably more difficult than Teralyst, and takes a bit more time.

Not only you have to deal with 2 additional joins, which also means 2 additional shield phases, but their attacks are much deadlier.

Gantulyst, for example, will easily destroy your Lures with it's death lasers from above if you're not careful.

Hydrolyst can easily one shot most unprepared frames with its AoE bursts.

2) What recommended warframes are good for joining a random public lobby? (I generally run Oberon for the lures and use my Lanka Riven to deal major damage to teralyst)

The one frame that, IMHO, is absolutely required if you want to assure success, is Trinity. Oberon is .. capable.. but way harder to manage to keep lures safe.

Other than that, you have the usual suspects. Volt, Harrow, Chroma ( or Rhino ) is still the meta AFAIK.

Personally, I find Trinity "safer" if you're going to start on tridolons. She does have arguable the most important role, but it's also more independent and easier to manage ( not to mention easy to build ), while the other roles ( the meta above ) are supposed to synergise with each other much more, which means you need to know exactly what to do and when.

My main concern is whether or not these fights are almost required to be done in a premade squad with warframe synergy rather than with a bunch of randoms who you find there warframes as you load the plains.

Pub groups usual work in my experience ( although tbh I haven't played on a pub in a long while, have been doing solo tridolons for a while now ).

As said above, the only frame that you absolutely need to have on the group is the support that is going to deal with the lures. Trinity is the best bet here.

If you have a good Trinity in the group, all the other 3 players can be "mediocre" ( for lack of better expression ), and still the battle will likely result in a success.

Also, I'd recommend not overthinking too much. Just go in with whatever you feel conformable. Experiment with different builds and have fun

It's a pub group, expected to be messy.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

garry an harry have differnt mechanics an have 2 additional synovias you have to destroy that are on there shoulder blades or as some people call them the backpacks

gantulyst has laser pillar eurptions that can kill  player pretty fast if they stand in them but are kinda easy to tell where they will pop up.
will spawn a bubble shield around the general area around it so you have to be mid to close range to it

hydrolyst has where the ground around the general area of it will damage the player, exploding plumes can be seen in the background an when they reach the peek of there height will explode an kill the entire party if your in warframe, but if in operator your just forced back in like normal.

premade teams are better as you know you have everything to not waste your time, tho also means are tons of hardcore players that are looking for people who can do there job without having to explain it or just really sticklers about how you play. As some want a chroma that can one shot limbs, keep up there buff, while using unariu wisps, which isn't easy cause of not everyone is a pro sniper able to hipshot everything or have rivens for it.

going into cetus an pickign up the tricap bounty to get matched up with randoms means you can get matched up with players that are just there for lazy carries that just wanting to fish an mine while rest of team is struggling. or are people who dont know how to a terrlyst so go into a tricap hoping to learn which is worst thing they can do, or are just low rank frames too squishy to be able to take some hits.

Oberon is fine, but like others are saying trinity is godlike in keeping the party and lures alive.That said, big O can fill the role of Harrow mitigating the mag attack and heal, so there’s that.

For gary, most every time he does a foot stomp, “death from above”, pillers will come next. The ground will smoke where they will strike, but in the chaos the tell is hard to even notice. The alternate attack is a several repulse waves that pushes you out side a large and impenetrable shield. You can time jumps (or aim glide) to avoid the repulse ground effect.

The pillars seems to target your current location in the very brief time after he stomps and they strike. Simply keep in motion during this time and you’ll take much less damage, your pet and any lures as well, because none will  likely even be hit. If you have a positon you intend to fire from, move away “20meters/yards” so death from above targets away from that position and jump back.

If you play trin, always bless and keep moving on the foot stomp. If you do Oberon, hit your heal and leave it on for a few seconds.

With harry, heal often (but mind chroma’s need to buff fury). The eidelons aoe and lightning strikes become quite intense as his limbs are taken out.

Also there will be pinklish purple void blooms that show for the latter two eidelons that make voms invulnerable. Unless the party is proficient at dispatching the limbs, they are a priority. If the eidelon summons voms to heal his shield, you won’t be able to kill them until that damn bloom is squashed.

Generally it is also helpful to shoot the shoulder blades, arms then legs in that order, because the blades are the most annoying to take out and the two eidelons’ attacks become more intense as their are whittled down. It’s not life or death, but a minor “style” point. Taking out the limbs ASAP when his shield brakes makes the whole fight easier.

Lastly these guys are big and their stride will take them pretty darn far, so be ready for that.