Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you gain focus?

(NSW)Kaizer

Question

I have already gotten past War Within but I have no idea how to gain focus. I just need some direct answers. I chose zenurik btw.

1 what is the lens for and how do I use it?

2 how to gain focus

3 how to eventually unlock other skill trees.

Edited by (NSW)Kaizer

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Infirito said:

You get Focus lenses from bounties on PoE/Vallis or for plat, stick lenses into your Warframes/weapons and just farm affinity with those items. You can also capture Eidolons and turn their shards into focus.

So are you saying I need to put the lense on my warframe that I use, and do bounties on Cetus? I have no idea how to capture an Eidolon though

Bounties can get you Lenses, you don't have to do them, but it's a way of getting all lenses for free (you can farm focus for all schools). Where to put a lense is determined by your playstyle and the items you use.

You gain Focus/affinity as follows:

When you kill stuff:

With your Warframe - that Warframe gets 100% exp, that means you get all the focus into your Warframe's lense.

With your weapons - exp is shared 50/50 between that weapon and your warframe, i.e. if you have different lenses in your frame and weapon they get equal ammount of focus/affinity.

When teammates kill stuff:

Your warframe gets 25% of exp, other 75% are shared equally between all of your equipped weapons, i.e. if you have all 3 weapons equipped, each of them will get 25%, if you have only one - that one will get all 75%.

For eidolons there's a ton of videos on youtube, it's a pretty simple thing, but reqires some pretty good gear and / or party.

12 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Bounties can get you Lenses, you don't have to do them, but it's a way of getting all lenses for free (you can farm focus for all schools). Where to put a lense is determined by your playstyle and the items you use.

You gain Focus/affinity as follows:

When you kill stuff:

With your Warframe - that Warframe gets 100% exp, that means you get all the focus into your Warframe's lense.

With your weapons - exp is shared 50/50 between that weapon and your warframe, i.e. if you have different lenses in your frame and weapon they get equal ammount of focus/affinity.

When teammates kill stuff:

Your warframe gets 25% of exp, other 75% are shared equally between all of your equipped weapons, i.e. if you have all 3 weapons equipped, each of them will get 25%, if you have only one - that one will get all 75%.

For eidolons there's a ton of videos on youtube, it's a pretty simple thing, but reqires some pretty good gear and / or party.

I really still don't know too much regarding the lenses. Are they interchangeable? Or are they stuck on the warframe they are mounted on??

Just now, (NSW)Kaizer said:

I really still don't know too much regarding the lenses. Are they interchangeable? Or are they stuck on the warframe they are mounted on??

You can replace lense at any time, but the old one gets destroyed. Also, you can only gain focus from maxed weapons/frames, i.e. if you use Forma on a weapon/frame with a lense you won't be getting any focus from it until it's back to lvl 30.

if you want really big shortcut
put lens into some weapon you will trash anyway gain 50k focus for 1 school and then switch to other focus lens 
small ones are worth like 4plat i believe

when you have 50k in each school unlocked start going to eidolon hunts, terralyst for start
shards which you get from him can be converted into focus you need aprox like 3-4 weeks (well depending how you play) t o fully unlock all schools and all way bound skills (WB skills are passive skills from different schools that works for all schools like for example you can get more hp for your operator or he can move faster)
keep in mind you DO NOT need all skills in each school fully maxed and even more most of them are optional or even trash
so that narrows down how much you would need to farm

To make Eidolon Len's which convert the most affinity into focus,  You need to buy a greater focus lens BP(takes 4 crap lens + forma?) or the greater focus lens itself (40p).  Then you gotta have an Eidolon Lens BP that only comes from the last bounty at PoE. (Dont know about Fortuna).  (You can also just trade for E Lens BP's).   

You only need 2 for each school.  One for your frame and one for your main weapon (naramon has a skill called affinity spike that lets you earn extra affinity from melee kills,  so I stick mine on melee and kill everything with that.   AKA my primary school is naramon but I use lens for all the other schools to farm focus easier)

You only use one school at a time.   Every school has 2 nodes called waybounds that can be UNBOUND and used on other schools though, but they are the only ones.  To unbind a waybound takes alot.  That last step requires 1 mill focus + 1 eido shard.  That just unlocks it...  To actually use it with a different school you have to go switch to the other school and pay for it with ability points or pool points or whatever you call it.