Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr feels outdated (partial rework suggestions)

AtrociousRuber

Would like to see 1st ability changed. Since I use augment and range mods for her 3rd I dont really need her 1.

2 - 3 - 4 are good skills allthough I miss old Valkyr's 4 but well since we can mod exalted its cool i guess.

So I agree about 1 but others are good for me. Just play around with augments and you will see. and augment for her 4 and 3 still makes 1 more and more not worth to use.

So yeah V_V

On 2018-12-03 at 12:45 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Single target abilities don't go well in a horde shooter.

Agreed.

On 2018-12-03 at 12:58 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

She not not feels very outdated. SHE IS god damn outdated, weak and broken, yet people dont even care about her!

Blasphemous, she's near and dear to my heart and you know this.

On 2018-12-03 at 1:19 AM, Xiusa said:

I would replace the immunity on Hysteria with high damage reduction. Toggle god-mode is poor design.

Tis what I did :3 Would rather Hysteric assault be worked into apart of the ability and have ripline have another use though

On 2018-12-03 at 8:18 AM, Critiamat said:

Warcry needs working, good effect it has that it also slows enemies around upon cast, but since Eternal War is a thing you can't really make use of that, I would change it to an aura (with reduced range ofc), uk, enemies around you are slowed when Warcry is up.

I've been trying to go for Warcry giving a percentage of Valkyr's armor instead, so she can have a better support role.

On 2018-12-03 at 8:41 AM, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Hysteria should get increased range as it is channeled

I made that replace the current Hysteric Assault augment, basically scaling range based on how long you stay in at the risk of higher drain when you kill.

On 2018-12-03 at 1:00 PM, Gurpgork said:

It ain't broke. Don't fix it. 

These are the standards that got her the "rework" or lack thereof in the past with the Hysteria changes. Same thing with Chroma, Valkyr isn't as far south as some frames, but especially in the case of passives I think we could ask for more (for all frames really). I think the quick simple pass to give all frames passives shouldn't be the end all be all on the discussion. Would like more frames to be on the level of Nidus.

On 2018-12-04 at 1:47 PM, -skimmer- said:

Ripline is actually the most important ability Valkyr has...atleast if you want to beat Saryns at ESO.

I've done this without using Ripline. Channeling is not a joke (I mean what else am I using energy on lol)

I know there are those familiar with my opinion on the matter :3 but still if we meow loud enough eventually DE will have to open the door.

Spoiler

hysterical assault should have been her 1 instead of ripline and not an augment. ripline just needs to go. the invulnerability on hysteria needs to go as well. remove the shields from valkyr and boost her HP turn war cry into a duration aura (slow field part). i agree armor% is something that should just be changed to flat armor on every frame that boosts team armor. including stand united.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

2 часа назад, (XB1)TheRoflLizard сказал:

Ok,I am gonna bite..What is weak about her that is so bad that she should be put before Nyx and Vauban for a rework?

Because,I played her..Made her my first warframe I built and never stoped coming back to her..Do sorties with her,Do long prime hunts, and basically do a lot of end game content with her and win...So,I need to know..What is so bad about her?

lets see..
Rip line - CC function is not working. the ability is used only as a mobilty tool

Warcry - slowdown affect enemies/buffs effects allies only upon cast. Used only with Eternal War, cus we can't even recast it

Paralysis - useless without augment. It can't interrupt enemy animations, you have time to finish off only 1 foe.

Hysterya - needs melee 3.0 treatment ASAP + remove god mode. As for now it's better to keep using your melee with >3x combo counter with blood rush and kill everything without much problems.

Shields - just why? They do not benefit from armor, they won't give you energy with rage mod,

Yes, she can deal with "end game" content(which is not existing), but all you have to do is press 2 for win. I don't even need hysterya for heal! Adaptation + heal arcane + full umbra build = good luck trying to kill that kitty!)

in my opinion i think the only things valkyr really suffer at right now is 

1. her horrible hysteria stance wit wonky combos

2. ripline should pull u to enemies like to walls not enemies to u since it just ragdolls them around (almost forgot ragdolling yurself is also annoying and needs better control)

3. lack of status to deal wit higher lvl armor units even with a full status build feels too slow

4. possibly range since her range is so short that even primed reach barely is useful with her since its affect by base range (which i think a range buff should be added into warcry only put into affect wen in hysteria mode)

5. hysteria charge finisher feels clunky and charge time takes too long considering u use up alot of time getting from enemy to enemy (hysteria augment should have this effect like ash fatal teleport augment)

6. just the opposite of not being able to deal with crowds and that is she needs a better way to pull in crowds in hysteria mode (paralysis augment eats too much energy and too long a cast duration) 

Edited by ShenRyujin

5 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

lets see..
Rip line - CC function is not working. the ability is used only as a mobilty tool

Warcry - slowdown affect enemies/buffs effects allies only upon cast. Used only with Eternal War, cus we can't even recast it

Paralysis - useless without augment. It can't interrupt enemy animations, you have time to finish off only 1 foe.

Hysterya - needs melee 3.0 treatment ASAP + remove god mode. As for now it's better to keep using your melee with >3x combo counter with blood rush and kill everything without much problems.

Shields - just why? They do not benefit from armor, they won't give you energy with rage mod,

Yes, she can deal with "end game" content(which is not existing), but all you have to do is press 2 for win. I don't even need hysterya for heal! Adaptation + heal arcane + full umbra build = good luck trying to kill that kitty!)

Well, I think that sums up everything about Valks gameplay perfectly. Good job.

I dont think Valk needs a rework, but you named the exact spots that I think could use a thorough clean up.

18 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

lets see..

Ripeline-Can pull enemies and send them flying god knows where. However,I think they might have to update it since we now have ships and actual vehicles in the game. Like,Idk do a % of there hp to them or something..The fact it lets people get around is not a bad thing,in fact is one of the better things about it.

Warcry-See your point

Paralysis-That skill is actually good. And can be spamed to stun, also I tend to get 3 foes killed with that..or hell just use It and use your gun or normal melee to clean up.

Angry cat lady mode-It is basically a free hp gain/escape..I don't really see a point to change It. Also,I don't understand what removing the god mode would help. Since,well If she is a berasaker like frame..It kind of odd that she would be killable in her rage state..or even then...bleed out from it.

I mean,It is clear that Valkyr is made to be easy2use and understand because you can get her very early. Even,then If you do a rework on her It has gotta actually be good or her fanbase will consume people..and Honestly,all I ever hear 90% of the time ends with "Remove the invincibility"....yet come up with these half hearted fixes that sound like people are trying to hard to go "Anything but invincibility."...But,in the end..It is one of the reasons people use her..If things go bad,hit the free heal button and start smashing people.

5 часов назад, (XB1)TheRoflLizard сказал:

I mean,It is clear that Valkyr is made to be easy2use and understand because you can get her very early. Even,then If you do a rework on her It has gotta actually be good or her fanbase will consume people..and Honestly,all I ever hear 90% of the time ends with "Remove the invincibility"....yet come up with these half hearted fixes that sound like people are trying to hard to go "Anything but invincibility."...But,in the end..It is one of the reasons people use her..If things go bad,hit the free heal button and start smashing people.

Maybe, but operator ruins that idea. it's free escape/mobility + healing for your frame if you got right arcane.

I see hysterya not as "you can't kill me noobs!" button but, "Do you have a death wish or you just curious how your guts look?!" mode

Edited by NoLazyShadow

On 2018-12-03 at 12:59 AM, CriticalFumble said:

I think you're missing the point of Paralysis.  It's a cheap CC that pretends to have damage dealing potential, and if you use Prolonged Paralysis it's vastly improved both in its control effect and it becomes an indirect crowd clearer - just add melee. 

The Prolonged Paralysis augment makes the ability so much more useful, its crazy. I never realized exactly what it did until about a week ago or so because its description isn't exactly accurate. That said, if Warcry could be recast, even if that is what its augment was changed to, you could actually utilize the slow mechanic, which would be amazing. They would have to alter how Prolonged Paralysis works though, because a recastable Warcry would make it pointless, honestly. 

Edited by Pryzmatiq

well they have rework on her and well some ppl says valkry was good as it was but it's all opinion depend on players but after all thing change so many other stuff released and reworked (like Garuda just one thing that she can overpower her i mean insane she is 1 solo warframe all in one pack) but i agree 50-50 everything is changing and if they rework and make her cool then that good or if not then it's okay too because her ultimate still best tank but yea if you doing corpus or corrupted mission then it ll be pain in .....

Hmm I've been seeing a lot of Valkyr reworks lately, which is strange cuz she is an amazing frame. I don't understand why people say she has no synergy when her 2/3/4 mesh so we'll, and her 1 is one of the easiest to use mobility skills in the game. Don't get me wrong I would love a rework as long as they don't change warcry, but what exactly to players feel is her problem. She's such a good frame it almost makes missions too easy lol. The only thing she is bad at is speed running, and she's a tank so that's not really her thing.