Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for places to scan Kavats?

Nexeroff

Question

I am looking for places to scan Kavats, I figured out a place to scan tons of them, during the Iraros quest.  Problem is, after the quest you no longer have that option to scan them again.

During the Inaros quest, you are tasked with filling vessels by killing specific enemy types.  After you fill the first vessel, you go back tot he tomb where after the narrative you are attacked by a lot of Kavats.  Bring Limbo, cast your bubble and freeze them and scan to your hearts content.  The first time I did this I was able to get 10 good scans.

Anyone know of anyplace similar?  I have hit the usual places where per mission you are fortunate to get one good scan no matter how many Kavats you scan.  So far, the Inaros mission is the absolute best for scanning Kavats in my opinion.

7 answers to this question

There isn't any place similar the quest is the only place like that BUT the only place you will find kavats to scan is on orokin derelicts 2 always spawn at minimum. Good luck my friend I recommend getting the scan hammer (heliocor or synoid heliocor) and playing exterminates.

If you have any stealth frame, loki, ash, or ivara (who can put the little buggers to sleep), the task is much easier. You wont need to kill them but scan them unawares. One advantage of stealth is the infested don’t agro on you and you can find kavats unalerted as no other enemy type is near them to put them in combat.

Capture or exterm are both fine. Cap is quicker usually because of the single kill needed to complete objectives.

Occasionally alerts will offer 5 kavat codes for the mission.

14 hours ago, killerKronos23 said:

ya when i do solo corrupt mod runs i usually encounter 3-4 wild kavats 5 if im lucky and normaly get 1 to 2 gene codes but recently i haven't got any kavat gene codes after scanning them.

That's how I get mine done. Solo derelict runs with Ivara I usually run into 2-4 kavats and just scan them while I'm invisible.

Edited by (PS4)death404